• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found this over at BC

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
I could be wrong but is there anything out yet that makes use of the USB ports in the back (short of the wifi key thing i think). I'm on boat with taking this with a grain of salt as honestly I don't want my hopes crushed a second time about Takamaru over this.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, as I've mentioned, Claus, Sukapon and Takamaru are good candidates. Those stick out to me strongly since they had pretty big followings around here and in other places, yet they haven't seen any love whatsoever in Brawl, besides stickers. It's a bit of a shame really.

It's a shame all the people with the good ideas aren't at Nintendo.
My top three choices for Brawl right there, all ignored. :( What gives? Only stickers? (Granted, they all got musical shoutouts: Joy Mech Fight music is featured in the Famicom Medley, Nazo no Murasamejou Town BGM is in the game, and the MOTHER 3 Love Theme is also present. Still, though, it's just not the same as having them playable.)

As much as I know that it isn't true, I truly wish it were.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Yeah because we all knew NyaNyase, Chaos_Zero, Reno and his friends, and ShadowXOR were liars huh?
I don't know who those people are, but I see stuff like this all the time. I have a friend who works at nintendo, or I work with nintendo and I have a little secret i'd like to let you guys in on... etc.

This guy is running in circles with what he's saying and has no proof at all to back anything he says.

skiks

Smash Cadet
I don't know who those people are, but I see stuff like this all the time. I have a friend who works at nintendo, or I work with nintendo and I have a little secret i'd like to let you guys in on... etc.

This guy is running in circles with what he's saying and has no proof at all to back anything he says.
They were the real prophets that no one would believe. They told us the roster ahead of time and some of the stages and items.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

>_>;

They collectively leaked the Brawl roster...

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sorry I don't follow everything, i've only started following this game when it came out in jpn. Anyway, this guy just doesn't sound for real, and i'll believe it when I hear some real confirmation and not this rubbish of...

It's not dlc, it's an addon, but i'm making it sound like it's dlc but it isn't really. Oh and assist trophie's.

skiks

Smash Cadet
Ok, sorry I don't follow everything, i've only started following this game when it came out in jpn. Anyway, this guy just doesn't sound for real, and i'll believe it when I hear some real confirmation and not this rubbish of...

It's not dlc, it's an addon, but i'm making it sound like it's dlc but it isn't really. Oh and assist trophie's.
Read the N64DD page I linked and it will give you an idea of what it might be. Which wouldn't be too bad.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
My top three choices for Brawl right there, all ignored. :( What gives? Only stickers? (Granted, they all got musical shoutouts: Joy Mech Fight music is featured in the Famicom Medley, Nazo no Murasamejou Town BGM is in the game, and the MOTHER 3 Love Theme is also present. Still, though, it's just not the same as having them playable.)

As much as I know that it isn't true, I truly wish it were.
Somehow, I figured you'd end up being attracted to my post like that... you always did support those characters rather passionately, and I always chanced upon your posts, so maybe that's why I had those characters in my head! It's a shame that all of your choices got the shaft though, in such a terrible level too! Why none of those rather significant characters even have trophies, I'll never know... I can't help but think Sakurai put too much of a reliance on stickers.
(Oh yeah, Lucas also has a childhood Claus costume, did you know this?)

It's such a shame that Brawl has so much, yet so little. A game like Smash Brothers could NEVER have enough though, it would just take forever to develop especially as new characters and franchises could just pop up at any moment... there just isn't a way to please everyone. There's too much to fanservice, and that's the saddest part about all this... especially since I actually love what's actually in Brawl. It pains me to see everyone be sad! :(

Anyway, that's what this supposed leaker is trying to do if he really is just a fake. He's just preying on people's hopes that the characters who didn't make the cut still have a chance of being in this special little game. He does shoot himself in the foot slightly by dumping Ridley though.

I've never really considered the Wii having a hardware addition, though. It would be a good idea, but we're all just stacking hope onto someone who might not even be right, he could just be a troll like most of the other leakers were.

painseeker

Smash Cadet
I hope this is real...
Midna should get in
P.S. Midna is a trophy I Dunno how this will affect her chances

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
BRING BACK TEH MAJINNECRO SSBB LEAK THREAD!
is what i would say if this had something to do with a leak. But it doesn't and like everybody here, I will say, take it with a grain of salt.
This REALLY doesn't qualify as a leak, since all it REALLY has to do is "something" we have to wait two months for. It's too vague for me to include it.

Speaking of the leak thread, I REALLY have to edit that.

Have ALL of the Assist Trophies, Pokemon, Items, Trophies, etc. been revealed? Considering I heard somewhere that the second layer of the Brawl disc has yet to be cracked...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This REALLY doesn't qualify as a leak, since all it REALLY has to do is "something" we have to wait two months for. It's too vague for me to include it.

Speaking of the leak thread, I REALLY have to edit that.

Have ALL of the Assist Trophies, Pokemon, Items, Trophies, etc. been revealed? Considering I heard somewhere that the second layer of the Brawl disc has yet to be cracked...
:psycho: Hey wait! Could the second layer include playable characters that we don't know of because it hasn't been cracked?

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
heres my theory- Nintendo is planning on an online campaign, And that they are having another smash game in the works soon.

Many characters will be included that were obvious shoe-ins for this edition that will help drive sells. Consider it more of Brawl 1.5 with ramped up online capabilities.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
heres my theory- Nintendo is planning on an online campaign, And that they are having another smash game in the works soon.

Many characters will be included that were obvious shoe-ins for this edition that will help drive sells. Consider it more of Brawl 1.5 with ramped up online capabilities.
There's still hope...:laugh::);)

Are we all looking through rose-colored windows or what?:bee:

Mike87

Smash Ace
That being said, seriously. If not DL content, what else even makes sense?
Maybe something like those special Melee promotions they had in Japan( where they got the Helmetless Samus Trophy and the Mario with FLUDD trophy)
Thats my guess, but this guy seems full of it.

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
Probably fake, but hear me out:

What if the extra content was the original plan for Smash bros 3 (Melee v.2.0)?

I mean, it would have taken quite a bit of effort to put it online, but we HAVE had delays. This would appease the hardcore gaming crowd (something Nintendo REALLY wants to do with this game, despite what all the hardcore gamers think :p) and probably not take that many of Sakurai's army of 700 staffers.

I honestly don't think this has a chance, but I was just thinking about what "it" might be and suddenly remembered Melee 2.0. Who knows? Maybe all leakers are actually telling the truth, and then companies change the games based around what's leaked :D

Tazoku

Smash Rookie
Maybe instead of a physical add-on for the wii. Its a SSBB wii channel much like mario cart is getting.
It could be used for ranking, tournies, contests and the like.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Somehow, I figured you'd end up being attracted to my post like that... you always did support those characters rather passionately, and I always chanced upon your posts, so maybe that's why I had those characters in my head! It's a shame that all of your choices got the shaft though, in such a terrible level too! Why none of those rather significant characters even have trophies, I'll never know... I can't help but think Sakurai put too much of a reliance on stickers.
(Oh yeah, Lucas also has a childhood Claus costume, did you know this?)

It's such a shame that Brawl has so much, yet so little. A game like Smash Brothers could NEVER have enough though, it would just take forever to develop especially as new characters and franchises could just pop up at any moment... there just isn't a way to please everyone. There's too much to fanservice, and that's the saddest part about all this... especially since I actually love what's actually in Brawl. It pains me to see everyone be sad! :(

Anyway, that's what this supposed leaker is trying to do if he really is just a fake. He's just preying on people's hopes that the characters who didn't make the cut still have a chance of being in this special little game. He does shoot himself in the foot slightly by dumping Ridley though.

I've never really considered the Wii having a hardware addition, though. It would be a good idea, but we're all just stacking hope onto someone who might not even be right, he could just be a troll like most of the other leakers were.
And like a moth to a flame, I cannot resist the urge to fly toward my beloved Claus (Takamaru and Sukapon, too). ;) I appreciate your condolences; it really is a shame to see them all denied trophies at the very least, ESPECIALLY Claus, given that Lucas is in the game and their whole relationship throughout Mother 3.

(And of course I knew that! ;) I'll just delude myself into thinking that I'm maining child Claus instead of Lucas, haha.)

I agree--no matter how hard they try, Brawl (or any Smash game) will not please everyone. Sure, it will accomodate to many tastes, perhaps even most, but not all. It's a shame for the outliers such as myself who gravitate naturally toward more interesting characters, despite not necessarily being "mainstream." (I also support Toad, Midna, Stafy, an AC character--preferably Tom Nook--and Little Mac, if that's any indication.)

I'm pretty sure this is fake, only because it's essentially too good to be true. "More characters? More content period? HELLZ YEAH!" is the expected response. Would it only were true, then I might actually get to use the Masked Man and make all my dreams come true. :chuckle: And in a way, perhaps disconfirming Ridley again is actually a boon to his "believability" because Ridley is already in Brawl as a boss. It's hard to say, but I doubt this is true.

maybe that AC icon wasn't wasted... "Heroes always arrive late"...
Brilliant. I wish. ;)

There's still hope...:laugh::);)

Are we all looking through rose-colored windows or what?:bee:
Hahah, admittedly so! It's not all that bad, being optimistic and all. I know that, regardless of what happens, I will love Brawl like no other game. The soundtrack alone warrants my undying adoration!

And I'm really considering trying to go to GDC just to hear Sakurai's speech and maybe (luck willing) get a chance to speak with the man himself. If I end up going, I want to politely and respectfully talk with him about Claus / Masked Man's exclusion, maybe even present him with a cute little drawing. :chuckle: Even if I don't get that far, I would still truly like to attend his keynote to hear what he has to say.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
And I'm really considering trying to go to GDC just to hear Sakurai's speech and maybe (luck willing) get a chance to speak with the man himself. If I end up going, I want to politely and respectfully talk with him about Claus / Masked Man's exclusion, maybe even present him with a cute little drawing. :chuckle: Even if I don't get that far, I would still truly like to attend his keynote to hear what he has to say.
I'm pretty sure he only speaks japanese. Nonetheless, do ask him! I want my Masked Man D:

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Oh man, reading that first post I know exactly what he is talking about as I remember reading the code for the game and there was code for characters bunched up with all the Playable Characters.

Toon Shiek was on that list.

Trying to find it for you guys.

Well I found the originally link the ****er won't let me see it anymore.
http://crediar.no-ip.com/dsbx-file.txt

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty common for old stuff to be left in. Almost all games have old data left in. I think the developers leave it in to confuse and mess with peoples heads.

I wouldn't worry too much about old bits of code.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Found the character code finally:

I'll bold ones characters that aren't in the game and make the text yellow
Zako are the Alloys

\effect\fighter\ef_captain.pac, size:92832 off:2A8ED4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_dedede.pac, size:166720 off:2A903F40
\effect\fighter\ef_diddy.pac, size:81824 off:2A92CA80
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20
\effect\fighter\ef_donkey.pac, size:76832 off:2A940AA0
\effect\fighter\ef_dr_mario.pac, size:128 off:2A9536C0
\effect\fighter\ef_falco.pac, size:300992 off:2A953740