• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i found matches of me! and I want a thread like everyone else!

defsithe

Smash Ace
HERB2 Pools Me vs Hbox R1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpfAZjlKIg

HERB2 Pools Me vs Hbox R2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHACTQ_NVs
hbox raged quit for me btw lol.
random up smashes ftw.

critique please? tell me how i suk?

now that i see myself play i see my approach is always the same. what else do you guys see that can be fixed?

edit!
found some REDICULOUSLY OLD friendlies vids from 06' lol. those with weak hearts/dont wanna get worse just by watching should not watch these, they are terrible :laughs:. seriously.
Me vs Doom's Bowser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNHZeC4VAYI
Me vs Doom's Bowser 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QeGuxi6oXs
Me vs Doom's Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPAWM-Wbzgg

there is also other vids of me on doom youtube account when i thought i could play ICs and fox lol. wow its like time traveling XD

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
****, why haven't I seen more videos of you? You make fighting puff look not impossible. There isn't too much that I would suggest, but I'm sure n64 and the other cool kids might have something to say.

but the things that I would suggest is that I'm positive you woulda won that first game if you sweetspotted your up b better for one. Because I noticed you went to the stage alot when it wasn't nescesarey and you would have some landing lag.

And from playing a puff for years, when recovering, vertical recovery is your friend. At the end I knew once you side Bed, you lost, its almost never a good idea to side b in that matchup. And you would try to recover when you were about the same height and he would bair you out of your zips, Imho be patient and fall low more to get your recovery more vertical.

Thats just what I think though

defsithe

Smash Ace
****, why haven't I seen more videos of you? You make fighting puff look not impossible. There isn't too much that I would suggest, but I'm sure n64 and the other cool kids might have something to say.

but the things that I would suggest is that I'm positive you woulda won that first game if you sweetspotted your up b better for one. Because I noticed you went to the stage alot when it wasn't nescesarey and you would have some landing lag.

And from playing a puff for years, when recovering, vertical recovery is your friend. At the end I knew once you side Bed, you lost, its almost never a good idea to side b in that matchup. And you would try to recover when you were about the same height and he would bair you out of your zips, Imho be patient and fall low more to get your recovery more vertical.

Thats just what I think though
lol i never get vids recorded. i didnt even no these existed until i was searching for one of the crowd reactions from HERB2 and saw a puff and pika on yoshis with ?s lol.

yeah i should have sweetspotted more, i think i was scared of waiting for me to fall to get at a comfortable angle. so i would up-b as quickly as i could so i wouldnt get b-aired but the landing lag is even more punishable.

and i do need to be more patient with my recoveries, i always get owned by marth when i dont drop down lol.

i will keep this in mind.
thanks for the comments!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Defsithe!! i miss you dude!!

holy crap o.O i think I need advice from YOU. you're really freakin good against jiggs dude, my goodness

defsithe

Smash Ace
Defsithe!! i miss you dude!!

holy crap o.O i think I need advice from YOU. you're really freakin good against jiggs dude, my goodness
AXE!! i miss you too!

lol ummm dont get hit? lol

i wish my pika moved like that still, that was after like a whole summer of consistent practice.

but yeah i just try to keep moving so i cant get comboed? doesnt always work. a falco that can laser well, will destroy me lol.

i wish i had more recent vids of me so yall could help me with my problematic match-ups. :/

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Your pika looked very fluid in the 1st match vs hungrybox (the only one I watched) I thought you were going to win at the beginning. That dude just came in 2nd at pound 4, your playing was impressive.

One thing I noticed that hungrybox may or may not have (I watched the vid at parts pause>play>pause>play>pause... etc several times, and I can't tell whether he predicted or just has really really god reaction time... I think the former, but I'm not sure.):

I'd say ~4/5 of your approaches were WD back>shuffled aerial, usually nair. I know pika doesn't have loads of options, I don't even know what kinds of things to suggest to mix it up with, but I think if you did mix it up, it would be a good thing.

Note: After reviewing the 2nd match (in the middle of typing this out) I'm pretty sure he did catch it. In the 2nd match, every single time (with only one exception) you did a wd back>aerial, hbox had a nice juicy aerial waiting to outprioritize yours. The one time I saw you shuffle approach from a standstill, you hit him with it. It might have thrown him off because you weren't doing your typical thing. This could all just be coincidence, but adding variety to your approaches can hardly hurt.

Thanks for sharing your vids, I enjoyed them.

defsithe

Smash Ace
^^ oooo very informative i didnt even think about how i would WD then aerial.

thanks for the compliments :D

so new question

how would i fix the above stated problem ? i need bettter approaches because im sure i do this in almost every match-up cept maybe falco cuz i just get lazered. lol.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
^^ oooo very informative i didnt even think about how i would WD then aerial.

thanks for the compliments :D

so new question

how would i fix the above stated problem ? i need better approaches because im sure i do this in almost every match-up cept maybe falco cuz i just get lazered. lol.
I wouldn't think (but then again I don't really know pika much at all) that the WDing into aerials is necessarily bad. But WDing away from the opponent then shuffling towards them can get predictable when repeated. You might want to try out WDing forward to a shuffle occasionally to replace the WD away. I also have seen someone.. I think chad... not sure ... jump forward and waveland back to keep yourself hard to read. Throwing those in occasionally might make it harder for an opponent to tell for sure if you are going to approach with a shuffle or not. If they just shield you could probably waveland forward instead of back and get a grab. If you think they expect you to waveland back, go in for the attack. This isn't necessarily something to base a game plan on, just a mix up to throw in every once in a while.

Take this all with a grain of salt: this is hypothetical stuff I'm coming up with off the top of my head, and I've never used pikachu against a person before. I definitely don't have experience on my side. When one of the experienced pikas gets here, they should be able to help you out much more.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
new =/= better
new = new

you don't need better approaches, cause the wavedash ariel thing is not a bad aproach, so keep it, just mix it up and get different approaches, thats probably what you were asking is what can you ADD to your approach game, but I just want to make sure you don't take WD ariel out your game.

But one thing I usually see axe suggest is running dtilt

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
First of all, you did not suck at ALL. That was really good, ESPECIALLY against hbox!!!

I would say that you dont utilize your ftilit enough. It helps neutralize puff's approach a bit if you time it right.

Also, the first match featured a missed rest in which you....powered up DOWNSMASH? I can only think maybe you were thinking puff would jump out of it and the electricity effect would make her kill herself or...something? I dunno. That was a bit painful.

I would say that getting the hell away from the edge of the stage at ALL times, especially against a great puff, is the best advice to give. Your upsmashes were nicely done and well timed, and they really brought back the match for you. A few more shuffled backairs wouldnt hurt either.

defsithe

Smash Ace
thank you!

yeah im not to sure y i downsmashed then. i even remember asking y i would do such a thing during the match, i think i was trying to get the most amount of damage out of it? though there are many other things i could have done that would have been much better lol.

lol i think the only b-airs and d-airs i do is when im coming down after getting hit up. but i really should use them. b-air is like awkwardly good.
d-air always screws me though i always get that last hit, the one where they barely move and then hit hard. i think that y i am reluctant to use either.

but i will continue to add stuff to my play once i get free time to play again XD. dam school cutting in on my melee time. lol.

Top Bottom