• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I firmly believe Game and Watch is the best.

Doval

Smash Lord
Doval, you're both stupid, and you selectively read when trying to prove your point.

When you say: a char needs good matchups to be good, and someone says, he has good matchups, and even in the ones that don't advantage him, he still can win easily, they are proving you wrong. But intead of bowing out, you take the last part of his statement out of context.

PHAIL
No u. I'm not going to dignify you with a better response than that.

Just so I'm actually contributing to the thread with this reply...
If you hold the shield too long against the B-air, he can then hit you with other attacks because the B-air destroys your shield.
It's possible to prevent your shield from being ***** by b-air simply by doing a standing dodge in between the hits. It's not hard. Multi-hit attacks got nerfed in Brawl in that sense - in Melee, you wouldn't get a chance to do anything until the attack ended. Most people just haven't realized it yet. The only multi-hit move I've found which you can't sidestep while shielding is Yoshi's d-air.

Sw0rd

Smash Cadet
G&W is ok, I'd say low high tier, or the tier below that. I think G&W rules, but he has a lack of advance techs. I mean he has some, but not as many as other characters.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Advance techs are not the same as good. In Melee, shiek was not an advance tech charachter. She was white bread when it comes to advance techs. She had a trick or two with up-b stalling IIRC, but other than that, nothing. However, she was mighty.

Ness, on the other hand, had intense techniques coming out of every orifice. He was buttery corn bread with jalapeños when it came to advance techs. All the stuff with PKthunder, and yoyoglitch, and DJC, it was prepostrous. However, low tier.

Advance techs do not a good charachter make.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Link is low/mid tier in Brawl, and even he has tonnes of advanced stuff.

GW has techchasing, which is always great (it's what makes Ganon half useful).

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Dude, look how many posts you have. Don't try to come here and tell us stuff. You need to be around for a while before we'll consider listening to you!
diaf

Juntah was just kidding anyways.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol NoJ could wipe the floor with you, as seeing as he's one of the best G&Ws currently, if not the best.

@Doval: if you standing dodge, you'll get hit as the dodge ends, before you can dodge again. It *is* possible to power shield the first hit, then dodge, but in the few times I've seen that happen, I've been able to land &punish the dodge.

Doval

Smash Lord
St. Viers said:
@Doval: if you standing dodge, you'll get hit as the dodge ends, before you can dodge again. It *is* possible to power shield the first hit, then dodge, but in the few times I've seen that happen, I've been able to land &punish the dodge.
I'm not sure if you're understanding me...I don't mean dodge before it even hits. I mean shield it, and dodge between the multiple hits.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
yeah, I get that, I'm saying it lasts long enough that one of the last hits (maybe the strong one) will connect...I'm pretty sure.

But meh, it's still a great pressure attack, as it has almost no landing lag if you hit their shield w/o fast falling ^_^

Doval

Smash Lord
Ok, just checking that we're clear. But in any case, if you don't dodge immediately and shield a couple of hits first, you can avoid about half of them, which is still good enough for conserving shield. Still a great pressure attack like you said, though.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Game and Watch is a great character and his greatest attack is, by far, Bair. He has high priority, long ranged and disjointed hitboxes, and excellent recovery. I'm so glad that he is a feather-weight, otherwise I'd be in for some trouble...

Sw0rd

Smash Cadet
I'm Sorry. I didn't mean advance techs make a good character, I was just saying that advance techs help.
(I guess I didn't say it right)

I just don't see G&W being on the top. But he deserves to be high tier.

And just to point out, Fox's shine techs made him really good in melee.
D3's chain grab, snake's mortar slide, they help.

Top Bottom