• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel as though my Lucario has retrogressed.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
First off if this is a violation, mods feel free to close this thread. Second, I got no recorded matches of me, a shame.

So far I've just been getting worse with Lucario. In the past tourneys (latest being Quiznos in Cerritos yesterday) I 've been losing in the first round and when and I get another shot in loser's brackets I lose the first match again. I felt as though, I should just quit, but now I can't shake the feeling that I need to get better.

At the tourney yesterday, did some friendlies since I hadn't played in a day, lost most of the matches but got warmed up. Then Singles begin(didn't enter doubles) I go up against a Mario, I knew Mario wouldn't be an easy match, and I lost 2-0. Didn't get cape'd or anything embarrassing but I CP'd Luigi's Mansion. Which didn't help since I got 2-stocked there. I was disappointed but I thought I would do better in my later match.

Loser's brackets start and I'm against Snake, the moment someone picks Snake or MK, I just get a bit displeased. Again I lose 2-0, yet strangely enough I wasn't U-tilt killed. I knew what Snake was going to do, yet on one stock I stepped on a land mine due to my lack of attention and lose a stock based on that. I CP the Frigate, I almost get 3-stocked but comback to the point where for me one smash is my win and for Snake, anything is win. I trip and eat an F-tilt and lose.

I've noticed that I rely too much on Fsmash now, maybe due to fact. But I feel getting in for a jab just leaves me too open, against MK, I rarely jab I mostly run away from MK to get some space. I rarely use Utilt since it leaves me open for an attack which I try the Utilt juggle.

My problem Matchups are MK, Olimar, and ZSS(seeing an increase of them). I don't consider Snake a problem because I know what to expect and how to handle it, but sometimes it ain't enough.

Timbers

check me out
wait wait wait

retrogressed is a word?

(EDIT: oh my god it is)

umm. yeah it's mad hard to give you tips if we don't know your general playstyle. Don't rely on fsmash, people got wise to the move a while back. It should be used to pressure opponents at a safe distance but its hardly a move you can become dependent on.

ZSS is a gimmicky character. Not a hard one but if you don't know how to play the match you'll get smacked around.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What you are experiencing is a pretty common feeling, and I've seen several players already go through a Brawl slump.

My best advice? Take a break from the tourney scene for a while. You've probably played so much that you've exhausted yourself mentally. By taking a break, you can approach the game with a fresh mindset and think of new techniques or ideas that you never would have thought about in the first place. Skip the next few minor tournaments, or just go to them and observe people play. You learn many things just from observation alone.

As far as matchups go, you just have to play them more and more. Overcoming bad matchups is not an easy thing, and most players simply cannot do it. Consider picking a second main to counter your personal bad matchups or just learn a new character for fun. Taking a break from your main and then going back can give you a new perspective on your main. Let's face it, using one character over and over again can get boring.

Overall, just take a break from the game, find something else to do, come back, and you will be over your Brawl slump in no time. :)

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Id take a break also i did that with my lucario, i picked up just some fun sukish characters and came bakc and BLAMMO!(oh my god it is a word lulz)

But as Rocket says, he is wise and speaks the truth yung patawan. Just go play some 1v1v1v1 with some friends and forget about technique a couple times.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My problem is almost opposite: lack of tourney/friendlies makes a very dull recoverer. And boy, have I had my shares of horrible recovery moments (especially with the fail cypher and snake)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Just chill, man. Play ONLY to have fun. Goof off if you really want to. Try some characters that interest you (this is how I found good ol' Fox). If you relax, you'll stop relying on moves that you think will make you win (such as Fsmash), and instead you'll be able to explore your character by having fun. Learn some new moves, and show them to Captain Falcon.

Holy crap I'ma be a freaking LORD soon.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Its called a plateau. At least during my skill pleatue's I play horrible miss the ledges by going backwards. Just keep playing and grind through it.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I feel much better now. I've noticed that I get too aggressive with Lucario and I made too many mistakes.

I also main Peach and she usually kicks you know what. Mainly Turnips>people who never fight Princess Peachie.

Thanks for the advice guys. I would give yall some cake but...I don't like to share.

Andurian

Smash Cadet
I play against an Olimar a lot.... it's a pain all around.

Up Smash simply beat you if you try to attack from above. If he pivot grabs (the one I play does a lot), he moves back and sends a pikmin very far when grabbing.

The best way I've noticed of beating him is to get him in the air (still need to watch out for his airs... some pikmin will hurt lol). The problem with that his the **** whistle... super armor frames.

I hate Olimar.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Play some friendlies with the top players before the tournament starts. Playing the top people in friendlies gives you a very nice warm up for the rest of the tournament, and you'll be able to read them much better once you play them in the actual tournament.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Welcome to my life.

Want some tea?
Stop complaining about your skills. as for you pitbull dont just take a break from the tourney scene take a break from everything. heck have a special brawl with every 1st effect turned on. have fun.. then come back and kick their butts.

Top Bottom