• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I did something awesome with Lucas

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I managed to get a Fox into an Ftilt lock against a wall in Delphino, then finished it with a Usmash.

Due to circumstances, I won't be able to upload the match until Fri/Sat/Sun, I'll aim for Friday though. It was an awesome sight. I'm quite happy w/my Lucas right now.

I also might as well upload other vids, and ask for some Lucas critique on the side.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Most Lucas mains I've faced never really take advantage of his utilt.

EDIT: Ftilt, sorry.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Most Lucas mains I've faced never really take advantage of his utilt.
I don't recall Utilt ever being mentioned in the OP...

Also, Natch. The title is suggestive and misleading.

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
Cant wait to see the video Natch!

Never thought of using f-tilt that way.

P.S. The title is definitely not misleading

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Sorry if i offend you, but this topic fails.
Not only because it is pointless, just to feed Natch's ego, but for what people had said.
Ftilt lock against a wall is not really new, Tyr talks about it in his guide, you guys play with Lucas and haven't read Tyr's guide, what a shame, this guide is like the best guide ever! not only for Lucas, but for every character in Brawl!
"Most Lucas mains I've faced never really take advantage of his ftilt." <- that made me angry, ftilt is too good, one of Lucas' best spacing tools, if you watch some of my fights, you'll see a lot of ftilts used wisely, you can watch any of good Lucases, and you'll see a lot of ftilts used wisely. Please, tell those "lucas mains" to learn the character and help us to get some recognition.

/mad

Levitas

the moon
LOLOL, this topic is funny.

On the other hand, it's clearly not a pointless topic, even if tyr has brought up the ftilt lock before.

I'm also a little puzzled about what the lucas mains you know are using, 1up.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Hey, I never pulled off an Ftilt lock before. I had seen it done before by Oats at...Race's tourney(I believe) this past December, but never got a chance to pull it off. When I saw Fox against that wall, I was like

"OOOH OOOH OOOH OOOH FTILT SPAM FTILT SPAM WOOHOO USMASH!"

I'll post videos in the Lucas critique thread. I had pulled off an Ftilt lock, and I was happy about it. I myself love using Ftilt-it's one of Lucas' safer moves. Surprisingly hard to punish.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah but you don't see us making a topic saying OMG I GOT A DTILT LOCK.
Natch think before you make stupid topics.

Dekar173

Justice Man
A topic dedicated to getting more people to do it may just be what Lucas needs in order to get boosted from low-tier to God-tier, you sillies!

On topic: useful, but situational (force the situation)

others: wow stop being retardedly angry *******s and get over the fact that you already know about this, others don't, and therefore will be helped by it. Get over yourselves, and move on. It's a character specific board for a reason, to further Lucas' metagame. Rather than shooting down any and all new or old things being brought up, why not discuss how they can be further used?

--a

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Yeah but you don't see us making a topic saying OMG I GOT A DTILT LOCK.
Natch think before you make stupid topics.
This isn't a stupid topic. Stop with the hurt feelings dude. I have none towards you, so why have any towards me. I'm not being over-dramatic about it.

I got an Ftilt lock. It looked cool. I decided to tell you guys. I followed up by saying I'll post some videos for you to critique.

There is no stupid topic here. So dude, stop with the hate. It doesn't help me, doesn't help the board, in fact it's a detriment. Be more constructive, okay man? No need for a division within the boards. You were way to quick to be harsh, and for what reasons I have no clue.

Just chill dude, stop harping on me for taking some happiness of my own.

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
Shouldnt these character specific forums be where fellow Lucas's support eachother and help eachother learn rather than a place where people get shot down for sharing something they experienced?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
guys, relax. there really is no reason to be mean to Natch. congrats on ur ftilt lock.

1UPCHRIS what lucas mains are you playing? most lucas mains use ftilt

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm very surprised that you could get an Usmash out and they couldn't shield. It's a difficult thing for me to test, but computers were able to stop anything slower than Dsmash when I tried.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I'm very surprised that you could get an Usmash out and they couldn't shield. It's a difficult thing for me to test, but computers were able to stop anything slower than Dsmash when I tried.
He was still panicking when it happened. I stopped the Ftilts at 69%, he bounced off the wall, hit the ground right at my feet, and teched it standing. I managed to Usmash him during that time.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
He was still panicking when it happened. I stopped the Ftilts at 69%, he bounced off the wall, hit the ground right at my feet, and teched it standing. I managed to Usmash him during that time.
I was right. It is possible to ftilt lock into a dtilt lock, if the opponent misses the tech.

Lol, we have a 0-death combo.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
For a sec I thought this was a Zap Jump->Downwards PK Thunder 2 on a recovering opponent. I was dead wrong.

lil cj

Smash Lord
When i first saw this thread
i thought it was a game breaking discovey for Lucas:(
Ftilt locks are amazing when you can actually pull one off
but its kinda old news for those of us who read Tyr's Guide
And why arent the new Lucas players reading Tyr's Guide too???

Good job getting a ftilt lock Natch
and on top of that an up smash
Ive never done that before

zontan

Smash Rookie
ftilt lock is amazing. I've only done it once, against one of my friends who mains Marth. Got him from 15% or so up to like 87% before he got out it. His reaction was hilarious. His summary: "That's ********."

I had to remind him he was playing Marth. >.<

Top Bottom