• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I counted exactly 22 different versions of the Main Theme in Brawl's soundtrack.

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
I think I may have undercounted, too.

I don't know how many people are aware of this... I mean, the Main Theme is pretty cool, but it is gonna get really annoying. Its the main menu theme, the Trophy Mode theme, the "How to Play" theme, the Target Test theme, the Coin Launcher theme, the All-star theme (which used to have a cool piano and strings theme in Melee), the Stage Builder theme, The Sticker Mode theme, the Final Destination and Battlefeild themes (say goodbye to the old songs), and much more...

Seriously, for all the music Brawl has (which, to its credit is a staggering 314 tracks), there's only like 5 or so original scores on the list. :laugh:

I can understand a few remixes, but seriously... 22 versions of the same song??? Why couldn't we have more original songs instead?

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Who cares about target test and coin launcher and those modes we will mostly get tired of.
I was fine with the menu music in Melee that played every time, and If you get tried of the brawl theme in batle field and FD, just choose another song.

Brawl them FD music > Melee FD music

This is not a big deal at all, be glad they have 22 versions of the theme and did not just re-use 1 or 2

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I agree with the two people above me. Cheer up and enjoy the soundtrack! Besides, I read somewhere that Giga Bowser's theme is in this game...(which is neat when you consider that it was not even in the sound test in Melee);)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Three hundred and twelve tracks. Seriously, anyone with the soundtrack who's listened through it should know by now that it's 312. Two of tracks are 64 kbps and consist of 12 seconds of silence (i.e. nothing).

The original rips all said 314 even if they didn't even contain these two crappy tracks because they all just took the word of the guy who ripped the first version.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Agreed. The Brawl Final Destination sounds so epic, how can you not like it?

I have heard the original poster's complaints about the recurring theme before, and I'd say that until I hear the game in real life I can't judge if it is too recurring or not. It might be spaced out enough that you don't even notice, or it might not. We'll see. But just judging by the soundtrack as most people (like me) are does not do it justice.

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
Three hundred and twelve tracks. Seriously, anyone with the soundtrack who's listened through it should know by now that it's 312. Two of tracks are 64 kbps and consist of 12 seconds of silence (i.e. nothing).

The original rips all said 314 even if they didn't even contain these two crappy tracks because they all just took the word of the guy who ripped the first version.

I have the original rip including those 2 empty tracks... when I wrote down 314 I just clicked on the folder and saw how many files were in it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have the original rip including those 2 empty tracks... when I wrote down 314 I just clicked on the folder and saw how many files were in it.
That's my point. People click on the folder and assume it's 314 sometimes even after discovering the empty tracks. One of the first things I did was check out the weird track called 001.mp3

Anyway, Brawl's soundtrack owns. Who doesn't love "Fire Emblem Theme"? "Fyiiiiiiia Eeemblem".

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
Who doesn't love Yoshi's Story Ending? Seriously, who? <.< >.>

I have to admit, the first time I heard the singing yoshis in that song I was pissed (I played Yoshi's story and HATED those **** singing yoshis), but the more I listened to it the more I liked it... and now its one of my favorite songs. The percussion is really, really good and I love the oboe doing the counter melody.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Who doesn't love Ashley's theme in English?

Pataloneous Giganticious

OH NOES! NOT AGAIN!

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Who cares about target test and coin launcher and those modes we will mostly get tired of.
I was fine with the menu music in Melee that played every time, and If you get tried of the brawl theme in batle field and FD, just choose another song.

This is not a big deal at all, be glad they have 22 versions of the theme and did not just re-use 1 or 2
I guess it is better to alternate versions of the song then as you said the same 1 or 2 over and over, cuz then that would be grating on the ears!

:3

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Idiots, that's who. It's made of win and Internetz.

Also, it's remixed from this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gO39JZ3Bnqk

I mean, how much better isn't it now?
Non-Yoshi Voice: AGAGAGAGAGAGA, YOSHI

Not my favorite Yoshi remix. I do like the song, but most of the Yoshi remixes sound much better.

I do like Ashley's theme and the pikmin songs (especially in French) however much sense that makes.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Non-Yoshi Voice: AGAGAGAGAGAGA, YOSHI

Not my favorite Yoshi remix. I do like the song, but most of the Yoshi remixes sound much better.

I do like Ashley's theme and the pikmin songs (especially in French) however much sense that makes.
Ai no Uta is quite meh in French, at least in my opinion. The Japanese one makes me want to go lay out in a grassy field. Ahhh....

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
PErsonally, that's not a problem for me. I've played lots of games which had the main theme repeated as multiple songs. Off the top of my head, I can think of Brave Fencer Musashi and Final Fantasy 9. It certainly didn't hurt those games for me. Those are two of my favorite soundtracks of all time.

Yes Brawl has its main theme remixed more than those games, but we do have a boatload of songs to boot.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
And remember that all of them have awesome Rock remixes...or remixes with guitars...or just remixes that make them sound Epic.
Examples: Golden Sun Battle Medley; Kirby Boss Battle Medley; Ridley Battle; FD; Meta-Knight's Revenge...etc

Afo

Smash Apprentice

I know I'm kind of late asking for this, but could you post a link to where ever you got this, I remember some guy saying he was going to decrypt the brawl DVD when it came out, I just can´t find this thread anymore. (plus I've been kind of busy playing brawl my self :p) I'd really aprettiate it

MechaChief

Smash Rookie
That's my point. People click on the folder and assume it's 314 sometimes even after discovering the empty tracks. One of the first things I did was check out the weird track called 001.mp3

Anyway, Brawl's soundtrack owns. Who doesn't love "Fire Emblem Theme"? "Fyiiiiiiia Eeemblem".
Me, I'm loving the theme tracks

and Live and Learn

and Big Blue

and Golden Sun (makes me wish soooo much for Isaac as a PC, oh well)

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
And remember that all of them have awesome Rock remixes...or remixes with guitars...or just remixes that make them sound Epic.
Examples: Golden Sun Battle Medley; Kirby Boss Battle Medley; Ridley Battle; FD; Meta-Knight's Revenge...etc
For every good remix there's at least one song that is disappointing, or even painful to listen to.... Big Brain Academy, Shaberu DS Cooking Navi, Molgera, most of Village of the Blue Maiden, DK Arcade "mix" (sounds more like someone threw a bunch of retro sound effects together while smoking weed)

And IMO, they ruined a lot of songs by turning them into techno or giving them weird instruments (Super Mario World Castle theme, which used to be dark and slow, is now fast techno. They also took out half of the melody. Dark World used to be epic, but now it has an accordian doing the melody. Krool's Ship mixes uses a pan flute instead of electic guitar for it's melody... Pan flute just dosnt really fit a rock style at all

Of course these are just my opinions... There may be someone who thinks Big Brain Academy's theme is like the sweetest thing ever. And I would think that person is very weird.

And I'm sure most of you don't give a hoot about the music and what instruments they choose, or in what style they composed them in, and thats perfectly fine. I just tend to focus on the music more than most because I'm a composer myself.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
At least now you can choose the song, and you don't have to listen the same ****ing song for every FD match, which is, almost always. Ok, it was a cool song, but after 1000 times it's not so great.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'm already annoyed with it. honestly, I don't like listening to anything that has the main theme in it anymore because it became just so annoying, and I don't even own the game yet!

Tajem

Smash Apprentice

Pointless post is pointless.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I never got tired of the Melee theme, and we've been going on that one for, what, 6 years? 7? Anyway, I'm really glad they remixed that one too. They're both epic. But at least with 22 different versions or whatever, we have different versions to hear, instead of the same exact one. The variation is welcome.

The one part of the music I'm upset with is the fact that both OoT remixes have the Song of Storms in the majority of them. Why? Out of all the available melodies, BOTH had to have this one? I was hoping for Bolero of Fire, myself...

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
You guys are missing one of my points. One thing I was saying that there is almost no original music aside from the main theme, which has tons of versions.

I think thats really disappointing, really. I mean, one of the reasons Brawl's soundtrack is so huge is that all the songs are remixes or straight-up copies of old songs. There's no time or money invested into the actual composing, cause the song's already there.

Who here would want 22 copies of the same melody over 22 original songs?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Me.... Because it Pwns...... They have like almost 300 other original songs....
Like.... His World (Instrumental).... which pwns.... and who doesn't love brawls songs? That Kirby remix along with the DK remix is pwnage in a bottle of Budweiser Beer....

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
You guys are missing one of my points. One thing I was saying that there is almost no original music aside from the main theme, which has tons of versions.

I think thats really disappointing, really. I mean, one of the reasons Brawl's soundtrack is so huge is that all the songs are remixes or straight-up copies of old songs. There's no time or money invested into the actual composing, cause the song's already there.

Me. I love the main theme and all the versions.

There's nothing disappointing about this soundtrack whatsoever. Anyone who would be disappointed by this has expectations higher than anything I've ever seen.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

*raises hand* Me, it's a kick@$$ song.

But I wanted what we have: a few orchestral remakes, some remixes, and then the same exact songs I've loved forever. I liked them before, and now I can fight to them again. No reason to change all of them, especially when the older songs will take up less room, time and money than the newer versions.

Besides, what other "original" tracks did you want besides a theme song? The game is based on nostalgia and fanboyism.

Top Bottom