• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I bought an N64 game at Walmart the other day.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
No lie. I was looking through the cheap games bin in the electronics section (the one with the old ps2 games) and there was an n64 game. It was The Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-Traction for n64, in the box, still sealed. The game is a fighter, like powerstone, so I had to try it out. Anyways, I bought just because you can't buy sealed n64 games anywhere that I know of today without it being online. Just thought it was weird. Anyone find any old games at stores like Walmart lately?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait.

You found a SEALED N64 game at Walmart?

Why can't I find sealed retro games?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Lucky find man. I'd buy any sealed N64 game.

And here come waves of nostalgia...

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Wait.

You found a SEALED N64 game at Walmart?

Why can't I find sealed retro games?
Yup, sealed. I was like wtf when I saw it, but I guess it was at the bottom of the crate and it just never got taken out when they kept adding games to it. There was another n64 game (the same one) but it was open and the cartridge was missing lol

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
**** man, good find. I always find crap whenever I go to chain stores looking for games. I couldn't even find a copy of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core at Best Buy, and that isn't even an old game. Anyways, congrats on the find.

Now tell us your secret.

Overload

Smash Lord
That's pretty sick, nice find. I can't believe it's survived for that long, that's crazy. How much did it cost?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
That's pretty sick, nice find. I can't believe it's survived for that long, that's crazy. How much did it cost?
It cost 14.98. Pretty lame. I asked the guy if I could get it for a discount because they don't even sell n64 games in walmart anymore, but he wouldn't give me a deal on it

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I did. I probably could have sold it on ebay for a lot more than I bought it, but I had to try the game. Btw, the game was extremely broken, you just mash buttons until you win

Panix

Smash Ace
I have a sealed final fantasy 7 game from elementary school. lol me and my friend new that in like 20 years people would cry for it.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I did. I probably could have sold it on ebay for a lot more than I bought it, but I had to try the game. Btw, the game was extremely broken, you just mash buttons until you win
Gameplay video pl0x?

Real nice find btw.

I want to get R.O.B. he's SO AWESOME D:

kr3wman

Smash Master
I heard that game was part of the last 3 games ever shipped for the N64.

wangston

Smash Lord
I bought Tony Hawk Pro skater 3 a year ago at walmart. It's nice and factory sealed. I also saw a RE at a KE toys 2 years ago but it was $20 and I was like screw that. Looking back I wish I would have bought it.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Because they decided no to clean out the bottom of the bin...... I should check the bottom of the discount bin in my walmart.... i know theres ps1 games in there...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They don't have discount bins at our Wal-Marts, only the newest games and tech

Skrlx

Smash Champion
haha, i found the best ssb game on wal mart not too long ago.

Super Smash Bros 64

now if only i had the nintendo 64 console to actually play it. :/

i play it online though but it would be great to play it on console

(i have a controller though :p)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It's not that rare, but I found a sealed copy of FFVII in a game shop near were I live 2 years ago.

It had the Playstation wrap and everything, and the shop had about 1 copy of that, and 2 copies of both viii and ix lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not that rare, but I found a sealed copy of FFVII in a game shop near were I live 2 years ago.

It had the Playstation wrap and everything, and the shop had about 1 copy of that, and 2 copies of both viii and ix lol.
How much did it sell for? You can sell that think for like $50 online.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
How much did it sell for? You can sell that think for like $50 online.
I bought it for £19.99, being in the UK and all, and according to a currency converter, that is around $27.52.

I had never played the game before, and I had been looking in the used sections of shops to see if I could find it cheap (the cheapest used one being £25), so when I found a new copy for £19.99 I bought it straight away.
I would have got VIII, but I only had £20 left, as I spent my other money on Musashi Samurai Legend and FFIV Advance.

I have seen it for high prices online, but I won't be selling mine, or completing it for that matter, anytime soon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While it's not too old, I did find a sealed copy of Castle of Shikigami 2 in the budget games bin of a Maxi store, while I was going grocery shopping with my mom. The kicker here is that it cost 9.98$ (besides the tax, of course)!

-Olimar-

Smash Rookie
YOU'RE SOOOOO LUCKY! :( Sorry, I just always go crazy looking for GC and GBA games, and you found N64? The only place i've seen N64, GBA, and GC games are at EB Games- UN-sealed. Only 5 or 10 used games, so the chances of someone selling it to that store are slim to none.

D

Deleted member

Last year I found a Dreamcast game (Soul Calibur) at Wal-Mart. It was 35.99 and since I sold my Dreamcast I didn't buy it.

Top Bottom