• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am VERY excited to try out this new Bowser!

D

Deleted member

He looks awesome; I hardly use Bowser in Melee and Brawl, but I'm definitely trying him out first this time around. Might main him, even.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I've always been a HUGE fan of Bowser but he was always too slow and clunky to me, plus Ive always wanted him to look more like his main Mario series version. When I saw everything they did to him I flipped a **** I was so excited. He will be one of the FIRST characters I will try out. So hyped.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
I personally would love to see him have his voice actor from Galaxy and 3D World. I think it would sweeten the deal and make him more menacing than just barking noises in Brawl lol

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
"Cautious optimism" is all I'm willing to give Bowser right now.

I still say that, without a REAL projectile of some kind (or being able to light the stage on fire) Bowser is still doomed to mediocrity because:

Big Target + No Projectile to Apply Pressure = Camped and Spammed

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I love the new Bowser, like everyone is saying, he just has that awesome "Bowser's Inside Story" vibe. He's the veteran I look the most forward too atm, being my favorite Mario character and all.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
I think this may be his worst appearance yet. A lot of the characters are looking more like they do in their main series of games, which is a detriment in my opinion. The artistic liberties Melee took with all of their character designs gave the game a visual flair unique within the smash universe. I love how Bowser looks in almost all the games he's in, but his Melee representation was a more fierce, beast-like vision of Bowser, and I liked that. A lot.

He still looks awesome and intimidating though, so I still like it. In any case, I hope they don't give him that "HWEHEHE!" voice he has in the mainstream Mario games.

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
Bowser looks even more amazing, no doubt about that. I have always wanted to have Bowser as a secondary for Melee and Brawl but never really could. Maybe this game will change everything.

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
lol i got the same reaction when i found out and he is better looking to i like it this way
he was a kickass kick though
but i hope they made everyone faster

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
inb4 bowser is still bottom tier due to everyone else getting more buffs :troll:

on a more serious note concerning this
i went back to the trailer slowly and saw that Bowser Rears his head up as he goes up for the first part of the move, that makes the air swish shoryuken effect you most likely see in the gif, and i'm pretty sure it'll have the effect it did before in brawl. (Just looks cooler)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I am fired up to try out the new Bowser. I really like the new colour change he got.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Having never been a Bowser player, I can safely say that the biggest turnoff to me (besides the size and the speed) was that he was just Godzilla wearing a Bowser suit. He had no character, no personality. I couldn't see the Smash Bowser being a single father to nine kids Bowser Jr., who is happy-go-lucky and mischievous. He'd look more at home wrecking Tokyo than ruling over the hilariously-pitiful people of the Koopa Kingdom with an iron-but-loving fist. The real Bowser is, in truth, a great leader and family man, with a great sense of humor and a temper about as short as his stubby toes. Smash Bowser is just a monster.

I'm VERY happy that he's finally in-character this time around, and I'll be happy to use him to my heart's content when I feel like killing everyone at about 50%. If only they'd put in his amazing "SHOWTIME!", then I'd be 100% sold.

As a bonus, hopefully they'll change his Final Smash from that dreadful Giga Bowser. He looks like something a 14-year-old would draw on the back of his notebook at school, underneath all the KORN and Metallica logos. Give him something like his Koopa Clown Car or his minions (or better yet, children) attacking the stage in a doomship.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Bowser has always been one of my favorite Mario characters, so I'm glad they changed him to his real appearance this time, and hopefully he will have the voice that he has in the most recent Mario games instead of his weird monster sound effects... I never really understood why he looked so feral when the true Bowser is kinda goofy.

Hopefully, though, he will retain his power. I also wonder how his new pauses will affect his hitboxes, as well as his hurtboxes. Will he still be able to crawl with his new posture ? That's what I'm currently asking myself.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Will he still be able to crawl with his new posture ? That's what I'm currently asking myself.
I sure hope so. The cutest/silliest damn thing in all of Smash was hulking, fearsome Bowser crawling around on all fours.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Agreed, but for some reason I have trouble imagining his Brawl crawl with his new posture, haha.

Top Bottom