• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am VERY excited to try out this new Bowser!

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm actually quite digging this new Bowser myself. I didn't play as him all that much in Melee or Brawl. But I can safely say I'll be trying him out in Smash 4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm kinda going to miss the sluggish brute playstyle he had before.

But not enough to feel bad. This new Bowser looks sexy. Can't wait to see how that drop kick feels!

JohnnyVU

Smash Rookie
super hyped for that uppercut they seem to have added to his down-b while standing

edit: its brief, but he does an upward sweep with his fist before launching himself down. its just before the camera pans out to show all the characters fighting on stage - the uppercut itself is the transition between shots.

really easy to see in this video at 1:08 < http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnrOtTmihg >

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
People should slow down the gifs rather than speed it up so we can see things better. Even then, I don't see it.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I'd rather have the drop kick to be a D-smash instead of the F-Smash, really liked his headbutt F-Smash overkill :ohwell:.

internetmemesftw

Smash Rookie
hi guys, dont know if anyone noticed but at 0:44- 0:45 of this video does bowser have a new double jump? or is he just doing that "footstool jump" off wii fit trainer. Im not sure because if it was a footstool jump the other character should have been spiked or gone into that flopping animation. Its also possible that Wii fit trainer has an aerial with properties similar to G&W uair with the air effect.
But, if it is a new jump for bowser he's got some mad hops this time around.
On a side note, I do wish he kept his headbutt fsmash, but maybe the drop kick will be just as good or better.

JohnnyVU

Smash Rookie
People should slow down the gifs rather than speed it up so we can see things better. Even then, I don't see it.
i didn't speed the gif up, that gif was taken directly from the e3 trailer. i don't know how to go about slowing the gif down, i simply used a browser program to make it directly from youtube.

It's less of an uppercut, more than likely the whole "streaks to make you look cooler/faster" thing. But I can see it.
whether you want to call it an uppercut or not, i don't think that it's just an aesthetics thing - i think it will definitely have a hitbox. why add such a noticeable, almost obnoxiously so, sweep effect just to make one of bowsers lowest utility moves on the ground "look cooler"?

the trailer shows that the developers are not against giving shoryuken type moves to more of the roster -
between megaman and, possibly not but very likely, bowser revealed to have shoryus, i wouldn't be surprised if some other characters got one added to their moveset in some shape or form as well, which i think is great. i think that a character like bowser should absolutely have a strong anti-aerial option that doesn't require him to jump, though that new spinning aerial might be a good new option too. but overall i think his strengths should lie in his standing/ground game, which appears to be the direction the developers are going with this new fsmash as well, giving him some much needed range to land those kills.

other stuff that's not guaranteed yet that might be worth speculating: all but one of his aerials (u-air/n-air?), u-tilt, u-smash, d-smash, up-b. i think everybody wants to see buffs to u-air, n-air and b-air - hopefully we'll see a lot less slow, unreliable shell based attacks in favor of more punches and kicks.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
i didn't speed the gif up, that gif was taken directly from the e3 trailer. i don't know how to go about slowing the gif down, i simply used a browser program to make it directly from youtube.
I think you can use Windows Movie Maker and its "Slow down 2x speed" effect thing to help.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I think he more just means they added one of those fancy "Air slashes" to it, so you can visibly see the hitbox on the way up.

Hong

The Strongest
I too am psyched for Bowser. I am going to guess they thought no one really fit a traditional wrestler fighting style, so they decided to fit it to Bowser and it is ****ing awesome. And, you know, no matter what happens we still have B-Up as our great equalizer.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm very excited as well.
He looks more like a big bully now, unlike Brawl were he looked like a Punching Bag.

himemiya

Smash Lord
It'll be cool if they combined his melee & brawl side-b (that seimeic toss crap can his alt d-throw to the koopa claw). f-tilt looks to have more range. Imo his sorta look less imtimadating but since namco knows how to balance heavy weights and he seems quicker I guess I can assume he'll be able to keep up with high-tiers.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Lolz maybe this time Bowser will get a level. I don't know why they made him faster this time but I'll take it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was actually disappointing by his speed boost and up right posture. It was really satisfying when he was such a power house. I cant help but feel that he will get a damage nerf to compensate. I liked the slouchy look a little more. He looks less detailed too. However, my sister is a Bowser main and she is totally excited for these changes. So I guess they are good changes.

G4GaMiNg2

Smash Rookie
NNID
G4Gaming
I hope Ganon has some cool changes. :l He is the true king of all evil! >:D

phate

Smash Apprentice
I was actually disappointing by his speed boost and up right posture. It was really satisfying when he was such a power house. I cant help but feel that he will get a damage nerf to compensate. I liked the slouchy look a little more. He looks less detailed too. However, my sister is a Bowser main and she is totally excited for these changes. So I guess they are good changes.
I feel like he is more accurate to his character in Mario however. It looks like Bowser's Inside Story inspired his look, and that his moves fit in line with that incarnation of bowser, rather than Sakurai's interpretation of him. I'm pleased with the overall design, though, like you, I hope they don't overdo it. Bowser should be heavy and powerful.

Reznor

work in progress
I'm definitely looking forward to the new Bowser I hated the way he looked in the past 2 games

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bowser is the first veteran I'm going to try out. No exceptions.

If Villager is a default character I'll be trying him out first though.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Does this mean his run will change? Because I loved how it looked like he was a car.
But I like that Bowser is gonna be a bit more like he is in actual Mario games.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
I am loving this new Bowser but for some reason I have a feeling Nintendo didn't have much of a hand in this. I think this is the work of the Tekken guys to be honest.

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
I am loving this new Bowser but for some reason I have a feeling Nintendo didn't have much of a hand in this. I think this is the work of the Tekken guys to be honest.
Either way, it's a great change to him and will surely make me love playing as Bowser even more... I'm skeptical about that dropkick. It looks like it has quite a lot of power, but the headbutt he had was amazing.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
Either way, it's a great change to him and will surely make me love playing as Bowser even more... I'm skeptical about that dropkick. It looks like it has quite a lot of power, but the headbutt he had was amazing.
I know when I saw that dropkick and Mario just flew back, I was surprised. Bowser needs to be treated like a serious contender and I am glad he is getting his day in the spotlight

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
super hyped for that uppercut they seem to have added to his down-b while standing

edit: its brief, but he does an upward sweep with his fist before launching himself down. its just before the camera pans out to show all the characters fighting on stage - the uppercut itself is the transition between shots.

really easy to see in this video at 1:08 < http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnrOtTmihg >
I defiantly see it. You can even see Mario side step, then roll out of the way. I am glad they are trying to make every move useful. And oh I am loving the speed the game is haha

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
bowser's down b in brawl already hits on the way up so i hardly see this being anything dramatically different anyway
It already hits, that is, but I don't think I've seen how he lifts his arm to do the uppercut JohnnyVU is talking about, as I can definitely see it. as he said in another post, I think it'll affect its hitbox, if not his power, or both.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

The move has a hit on startup in Brawl that's intended to launch people into the air and then hit them with the down+B. Very easy to dodge, however, so it's seldom used.

My thoughts: the fact that we can see that his dash attack and smash at 1:04 in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT4xjd9bGI0 come out rather quickly gives me hope.

One of Bowser's bigger issues, I found, was that landing killing blows was generally tricky since most of his good kill moves were easy to evade (or you could DI out of them).

As a former Bowser main, I too am excited to try out the new Bowser. Hopefully, they'll do him justice (though I'm still hoping he gets a projectile of some kind or can at least shield cancel out of flame...).

Top Bottom