• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am for Clones in Brawl

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
That's right, you read the title correctly, I'm pro-clones for smash bros brawl.
Seriously, I think clones have gotten a bad wrap, and people are unfairly prejudiced against them. I'm hoping I can change a few minds.

The argument seems to be that clones take away from the variety of the gameplay, however, I believe this to be a fundamentaly erronious opinion. I believe that clones, in truth, ADD variety to gameplay, both in terms of the movesets they provide and the characters they represent..

First off, clones spice up gameplay by adding diversity to movesets. Link too slow? Young Link has the speed you need. Falcon too erratic? Ganondorf has the stability you want. Mario just too plain? Slap a lab coat on him, and bring the pain. Some people just can't play some charactes because the movesets just don't 'work' for them. Clones offer another chance to play with the same moveset. And clone characters that are near-identical to their counterparts have their place too. I'd much rather fight Fox and Falco, or Mario and Dr. Mario, than have to face off against two Foxs or two Marios. It just wouldn't be as fun.

Clone characters also spruce up character choice by allowing characters who otherwise wouldn't have made it into the lineup. Because make no mistake, a character that makes it as a clone ONLY made it because they were a clone. And honestly, if it comes down to having a character, or NOT having a character, I choose to have that character, even if they're a clone. It also increases the odds of long-shot characters. For example, I'd love to see dark samus in the game, but it's not likely to happen. But having Dark Samus in the game as a clone? Now that I can see happening.
Besides, clones can always be given new, unique movesets in a later game.

So in general, lets be nicer to the clones, alright? They may not look it, but they pull their weight around, and no matter how much time brawl spends in development, I can practically guarantee it could be made better with a few clones.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I agree. If it weren't for clones Pichu wouldn't have made it lol...

I liked the clones. More variety and styles. I am always better with one clone than the other, like Ganon over CF, though they're both awesome. The clones were nice because it was the same moves, but they worked differently.

I think some people don't like the clones because they seemes useless. Like Pichu. We really could've had a better character in the game than Pichu. Doc and Y. Link: why have the same character twice? They're often seen as a waste of character space.

Initially I thought that the clones were pointless, but soon I began to like them.

KilZ

Smash Cadet
To Bad I've Always liked the clones, Look

I like Doc Over Mario, I love Young Link cause of the speed, and I like falco better then Fox.

Clones weren't a bad Idea at all. If Then keep clones I wont mind, But If they take them away I wont mind either So it really dosent matter to me lol.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My reactions will be in red.

That's right, you read the title correctly, I'm pro-clones for smash bros brawl.
Seriously, I think clones have gotten a bad wrap, and people are unfairly prejudiced against them. I'm hoping I can change a few minds.

The argument seems to be that clones take away from the variety of the gameplay, however, I believe this to be a fundamentaly erronious opinion. I believe that clones, in truth, ADD variety to gameplay, both in terms of the movesets they provide and the characters they represent..

First off, clones spice up gameplay by adding diversity to movesets. Link too slow? Young Link has the speed you need. Falcon too erratic? Ganondorf has the stability you want. Mario just too plain? Slap a lab coat on him, and bring the pain. Some people just can't play some charactes because the movesets just don't 'work' for them. Clones offer another chance to play with the same moveset. And clone characters that are near-identical to their counterparts have their place too. I'd much rather fight Fox and Falco, or Mario and Dr. Mario, than have to face off against two Foxs or two Marios. It just wouldn't be as fun.

You state some good points. The thing is clones can add variety by placing in a character with similar looking moves but with different properties. Therefore, although Falco and Fox may pull off similar moves, the different statistics forces them to play differently. That would qualify as diversity. So Clones add in diverse mechanics (such as playstyle because stats are effected). But most people against clones also play the game for flavor. In this sense clones take away from "flavor" diversity. The same looking moves are boring to look at. Fox has a great looking moveset. He has dashing kicks and a variety of high tech gadgets. That is cool. But with Falco borrowing the appearance of his moves, it hinders the coolness factor. Now you have two characters who have dashing kicks and a variety of the same high tech gadgets.

Clone characters also spruce up character choice by allowing characters who otherwise wouldn't have made it into the lineup. Because make no mistake, a character that makes it as a clone ONLY made it because they were a clone. And honestly, if it comes down to having a character, or NOT having a character, I choose to have that character, even if they're a clone. It also increases the odds of long-shot characters. For example, I'd love to see dark samus in the game, but it's not likely to happen. But having Dark Samus in the game as a clone? Now that I can see happening.
Besides, clones can always be given new, unique movesets in a later game.

I disagree that all clones would only make an appearance as a clone. Gannondorf would of eventually made it in some sequel with an original moveset. In fact he was going to have one in Melee, but time restraints or problems with his model caused that possibility to be neglected. Falco, although his chances are lower then Gannondorf's, may have also made it as another Fox character with his own moves in some sequel. And maybe another form of Link (either Windwaker or Wolf Link) would have made a sequel too.

But I get your point. Doctor Mario, Pichu, and Roy (I don't think his game was that popular, but I could easily be wrong)
most likely needed the clone oppurtunity to get a spot. Again this takes away flavor. Doctor Mario wouldn't get in on his own merits for a reason. There is already a very similar character. Pichu is another electric rat.

So in general, lets be nicer to the clones, alright? They may not look it, but they pull their weight around, and no matter how much time brawl spends in development, I can practically guarantee it could be made better with a few clones.
The third factor is time restraint. Now even though the movesets are there, models still have to be created. I am not sure how long a clone character takes to make as opposed to an original character. But some people would hate three clones making it in over one character from their favorite franchise with an original set of attacks and specials.
I think people would rather have Wario in Melee over Pichu, the Doc, and Roy. I am merely revealing the bad side of clones. I think casual gamers generally prefer original characters while hardcore tournament players prefer a moveset with a variety of stats to test out which one best suits them. This is a gross over generalization. But casual players are the ones who sterotypically play for fun (although to win as well) and to enjoy battiling Nintendo characters. Tournament players, sterotypically, have something to prove and perhaps even win a little money while doing it.

Chipman

Smash Cadet
If the developers are out of time, sure make a few clones. This is my view:
The current clones should be Luigi-fied or completely changed, however this should be just below Create New Characters on the priority list and above Create More Clones, deal with the old trash before it REALLY piles up.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
As wonderfully defiant as you are about the popular opinion on clones, the general consensus that they should be removed still makes sense, although for different reasons than the ones you stated.

Basically, the problem with clones is that there's the inherent danger that they'll be far too similar to their original counterpart. This is a pretty serious problem, because when you have two characters that are too similar, the better one is played while the worse one gets the shaft.

And that's exactly the case with Roy, Pichu, and to a lesser extent Mario and YL. Outside of Low Tier tourneys, you seldom see people choose the aforementioned characters, because Marth, Pikachu, Doc, and Link respectively simply outshine their clone counterparts. By far.

Otherwise, the rest of the clones in SSBM are perfectly fine. CF/Ganon, Fox/Flaco both play so differently that they could be kept the same and most people would have no complaints. It's just the fact that some of the clones in SSBM are either so similar, or so useless that there was no point for them to be included in the first place.

. . .like Doc, Pichu, or Roy.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I think there are 2 kinds of clones.good clones are characters with the same moveset but different attributes like captain falcon and ganondorf bad clones are like mario and doc. mario characters who have the same moveset and attributes that are too similar.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Basically, the problem with clones is that there's the inherent danger that they'll be far too similar to their original counterpart. This is a pretty serious problem, because when you have two characters that are too similar, the better one is played while the worse one gets the shaft...
...It's just the fact that some of the clones in SSBM are either so similar, or so useless that there was no point for them to be included in the first place.

. . .like Doc, Pichu, or Roy.
Clones should really just be alternate costumes rather then taking up a whole character slot in which a more deserving vharacter could fit.
I don't believe that it's possible for a clone to 'take up' a character slot, because I don't believe that any clone would get added before a unique character.

This is just speculation, but if you think about what it takes to create a unique character:
First there's concept and design of the moveset, then comes the creation of the character model, texturing, the creation of the skeleton to drape the model over, and of course the placement of the hitboxes. Then comes animation, standing, running, idle, jumping, double jumping, crouching, all the attacks, dodges, ledge grabs, multiple landing animations for if the character is performing an attack while in mid-air, regular landing animations, teching, getting up, falling down, and getting hit. Then comes adding the numbers and special effects, and finaly testing and tweaking, to make sure the moves aren't glitchy, and work together, and are balanced.
With a clone, all you have to do is plan, create a model, rework just a few animations, and tweak the special moves and maybe one or two regular moves. Most of the work comes from tweaking the numbers behind the scenes, like power, weight, damage knockback, and trajectory. I know a few game designers, and if they're to be trusted, tweaking numbers is the EASY part.

If melee is to be any example, we can probably assume that at least six clones can be made in less time than one unique character. This means SIX characters where before there would have been only one partialy finished unique character (and partialy finished means NOT in the final product). At that point, I'd say the relative worth of these individual clones is moot. Six extra characters is six extra characters, and if you don't see even one of them played in the top tourneys, well, then there's no loss, because you still wouldn't see them if they weren't there.

Bowserlick said:
The same looking moves are boring to look at. Fox has a great looking moveset. He has dashing kicks and a variety of high tech gadgets. That is cool. But with Falco borrowing the appearance of his moves, it hinders the coolness factor. Now you have two characters who have dashing kicks and a variety of the same high tech gadgets.
That's true, fighting two similar characters is boring. But it's not NEARLY as boring as fighting two of the SAME CHARACTER. I play both a Fox and a Falco. Every now and again, on of them will switch, and I'll fight either two Falcos or two Foxs. Trust me, I speak from experience when I say that it's far, far more aesthetically pleasing to fight a character and their clone than just the same character twice.

Razed

Smash Ace
I am also pro clone, cept in some cases (i.e.- pichu < pikachu, they're both the same but pikachu is better. an mario < dr. mario) but in other cases (falcon - ganon, fox falco), it's great!

Cloning ftw!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I am pro clone as long as they are different enough to warrant another character (ganondorf, falco) and that otherwise it's just because they wanted to put the character in but didn't have time to make a proper moveset.

I love ganondorf's moveset as if feels just so right with the proper amount of power and a meaty feel to his punch and a couple of his moves are different (fair). Falco also I love as a clone as it just seems awesome to have falco v fox fights creating a rivalry between the two (akin to the starfox games) wih two characters of similar skills but different fighting styles (falco slightly slower/heavier, jumps higher has a different and awesome dair but worse recovery), I must say I agree with the falco + fox fights it's much more fun to fight two different characters rather than two of the same plus it looks cool as the two dance around with similar styles in a team, suiting how they both come from team starfox and would have had similar training.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Here here! To a degree...

I too, am pro-clone. I agree with everyones opinions on diversity and attributes (Capt. Falcon/Ganondorf).

I also really like the ideas of keeping alternate costumes around, i.e. if they make Ganondorf have a sword(I have a lot of mixed feelings on this. T_T), they should leave you the option if you wanna play as Ganondorf from melee, or Ganondorf from Brawl(I'm assuming they'd give him the sword, since he was supposedly going to have it for melee, but time, etc.).

Funny story; Ganondorf is my main, and Doc is my secondary. So you can see where I'm coming from on the clone side of things... >_> Blerg... too tired to make sense.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I think Pikachu should get all of Pichu's good points and none of his bad points,
and Mario should get the same with Dr. Mario.

It wouldn't exactly be broken because the characters originally weren't even high tier.
It just evens it out a bit more. Other clones however, Like Fox-Falco, Falcon-Ganon WOULD
be broken with all the advantages. That's why those should stay in the game,
even if only as clones (though Ganondorf would most likely be redone).

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Eh im kind of both pro and con clones.
reasons:
Pro: It dose give you an alternate option. Like if fox is just to fast for you but you like his moveset youll always have falco.
Con: If you had a char. that you really wanted to be in brawl and he/or she gets in and your all excited so you go and use that char. only to find out that its a clone of someones moveset that you really hate.(not that it might have a moveset you may hate clone or not) but ya.

Also im a turny player and iv noticed that most of the people like to play the originals over the clones. Like there are alot more marth players then there are roy and theres alot more players that are fox then falco. the only clone that i see being played more then the original is doc

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Also im a turny player and iv noticed that most of the people like to play the originals over the clones. Like there are alot more marth players then there are roy and theres alot more players that are fox then falco. the only clone that i see being played more then the original is doc
Well, yeah, but you see a lot of marth and fox players in tourneys anyway, you know, because of the whole top tier thing. I think that's less of a mark against the clones and more of a nod to the power of the top-tier originals.
And how again does this count against clones? Right now you don't see them as much as the original characters, true... but you'd see even less of them in the tourneys if they didn't exist.
A lot less... like not at all.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Stat diversity is one thing I don't care for when it comes to clones. The fact that the clones have somewhat similar movesets to their counterparts irks me to no end. Either they get a unique moveset, or get dropped completely.

And as for clones adding characters that wouldn't have otherwise made it... that's the whole point. Most people who want their Brawl hopefuls in understand their potential to be unique in Brawl. It's only those characters that can bring something to the table that can make it.

In short, I'm heavily anti-clone.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Stat diversity is one thing I don't care for when it comes to clones. The fact that the clones have somewhat similar movesets to their counterparts irks me to no end. Either they get a unique moveset, or get dropped completely.

And as for clones adding characters that wouldn't have otherwise made it... that's the whole point. Most people who want their Brawl hopefuls in understand their potential to be unique in Brawl. It's only those characters that can bring something to the table that can make it.

I can't agree with that. I myself main Ganondorf, yet can't play captain falcon. Stat diversity done right can mean EVERYTHING. And as I've said before with my Fox and Falco example, a pair of somewhat similar moves are preferable to two sets of completely identical moves EVERY TIME.

As for hopefuls: This is only my opinion, but I want my prefered characters in NOW. If that means they must share a moveset, so be it. They can always be given a new moveset later, just like the returning clones from melee will get. I've already waited over five years to see more characters get added into the next smash bros, I'd much rather see them added into Brawl as clones than have to wait ANOTHER five or more years. I don't care how unique the moveset is, five years to a decade is just too long to wait for it.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I can't agree with that. I myself main Ganondorf, yet can't play captain falcon. Stat diversity done right can mean EVERYTHING. And as I've said before with my Fox and Falco example, a pair of somewhat similar moves are preferable to two sets of completely identical moves EVERY TIME.

As for hopefuls: This is only my opinion, but I want my prefered characters in NOW. If that means they must share a moveset, so be it. They can always be given a new moveset later, just like the returning clones from melee will get. I've already waited over five years to see more characters get added into the next smash bros, I'd much rather see them added into Brawl as clones than have to wait ANOTHER five or more years. I don't care how unique the moveset is, five years to a decade is just too long to wait for it.
You're that impatient, right? So am I, although I could wait quite long for a roster with everyone having their own moveset. The team will have enough time to make it happen.

You can't rush this, OysterMeister. The team isn't a herd of genies- they can't grant your wishes right this moment.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
If there are clones in SSBB, they should work like Mario and Luigi.

They have some of the same moves, even the same sounds and body model, yet they're completely different. They stand in different poses, throw fireballs differently, their up/down B moves look the same but work differently...same for the tilts, aerials, and throws. Mario and Luigi are similar, but their differences are extremely distinguished, More different than Mario/Doc. I hope the clones are as diverse as they were.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
You're that impatient, right? So am I, although I could wait quite long for a roster with everyone having their own moveset. The team will have enough time to make it happen.

You can't rush this, OysterMeister. The team isn't a herd of genies- they can't grant your wishes right this moment.

It's not about rushing things. Don't be fooled into thinking this will be the last game in the smash bros series. There will be other games after this, and those games will each come with more characters added to the roster. Which means that, no matter how much time the Brawl development team takes, there will still be characters left out. Characters that didn't make the cut. And if one of them is mine, then I'm really hoping that, during the final moments in development, some guy will say "hey, we can still add that character by tweaking this finished one"

Now, my opinion towards clones is very likely biased. I main ganonorf, and happen to enjoy playing quite a few of the clones more than their counterparts. And I'm not saying we should sacrifice the opportunity for any unique and original movesets, but as someone who finds that the developers second attempt at a moveset is often the prefered one, I hope that the developers won't leave anyone out just because time didn't allow for the creation of an entirely new moveset.

DYC

Smash Champion
That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are clones. It has to do with the fact that they are better characters. The reason you see more Doc players than Mario players is...get this...the fact that Doc is the only clone that is a better character than his original.

Also you can't really say that Roy is a clone of Marth, because they were both introduced in the same game and it could easily be the other way around.

And if you honestly feel that you have to mention that you are a tourney player, you most likely aren't one that is of much worth.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It's not about rushing things. Don't be fooled into thinking this will be the last game in the smash bros series. There will be other games after this, and those games will each come with more characters added to the roster. Which means that, no matter how much time the Brawl development team takes, there will still be characters left out. Characters that didn't make the cut. And if one of them is mine, then I'm really hoping that, during the final moments in development, some guy will say "hey, we can still add that character by tweaking this finished one"

Now, my opinion towards clones is very likely biased. I main ganonorf, and happen to enjoy playing quite a few of the clones more than their counterparts. And I'm not saying we should sacrifice the opportunity for any unique and original movesets, but as someone who finds that the developers second attempt at a moveset is often the prefered one, I hope that the developers won't leave anyone out just because time didn't allow for the creation of an entirely new moveset.
That's exactly what I'm talking about, when people see us saying that we're for clones they think "well they just want the game rushed out" but all we mean is that we would rather (if the company doesn't have time) to have a clone that we can play as, adding another character to the roster, than no one at all. I love ganondorf as a character and like you just can't play as falcon because they're so different, I'd like all characters to have their own movesets but if they're running out of time then I'd prefer they put in a character I really want (ridley or wolf) as a clone than not at all. People who say "well why not wait for a sequel?" don't realise that it's a 5 year or more wait and even then because they were'nt in this one they might nort be considered until the last minutre and dropped to stop them being a clone as they're less important than the current characters.

Tourney play has NOTHING to do with whether characters should be clones or not, there people just play the one that's better (marth over roy) but it's more importantly at home with the casual gamer where the game will be played far more often that the variety is highly appreciated.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Yeah and instead of getting Gannondorf a cool and original super smash lets give him a hover car just like Captian falcon only gannon stlye. forget the pig or magic lets make him a complete opposite of his character. Why don't we make him wear CF clothes too?

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Yeah and instead of getting Gannondorf a cool and original super smash lets give him a hover car just like Captian falcon only gannon stlye. forget the pig or magic lets make him a complete opposite of his character. Why don't we make him wear CF clothes too?
Um, okay...wow.
Now, I think Ganondorf happens to work really well as a captain Falcon clone. True, it's a shame he can't use the sword or hurl balls of painful evil magic at people, but I think the moveset does a good job of capturing his focus on overwhelming power and strength. And he does still have magic, in the form of all that purple fire that swirls around him. Besides, Ganondorf is getting a new moveset for Brawl (maybe unique, maybe luigified, I don't know), so I'm sure we can all look forward to a little more magic and pigginess in ganondorfs future moveset.
Which is exactly my point. If it wasn't for being a clone, the King of Evil wouldn't have made it into smash bros until brawl. As it was, the developers thought he was similar enough to captain falcon to sqeeze in as a clone in melee. That's five years during which I don't have to wait to play and enjoy ganondorf.
Ganondorf sacrificed nothing in becomeing a clone, because the only alternative was to not become a character. And now that the next game is coming around he gets to be de-cloned. Where's the downside?

Also, seeing as super smashes seem to be pre-set animations that aren't affected by regular play, then I don't see why a clone in brawl couldn't get his or her own unique super smash.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Well put,

I don't like clones my self clones are a waste of roster space (Luigi is an exception), I just thought that Nintendo kinda rushed with the clones, instead of taking the time and giving them unique moves they just were in a rush. (not saying that that was true)

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Clones should be in the game I guess. I mean I would rather them have all their own moves but I doubt that will happen. So I guess having clones in the game would be a pretty cool thing as long as they have lots of characters I am happy.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Do you think that Birdo could be a clone for Yoshi. It makes sence if you think about it. Yoshi could be faster, and Birdo could be stronger.

I was thinking about that. Birdo is one of my picks for Brawl.

Yoshi=faster, my agile, better combos, balanced character. Actually, Yoshi is over balanced, (fast, heavy, great jumping.)

birdo=stronger, slower, makes up for lack of agility in something else, better b moves

It could be like bowser and dk. Bowser would be birdo and dk would be yoshi.

On topic, I'm all for clones, just not many.

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
i'm all for clones! and actually they do have some different styles in their "same" attacks like doc and his pills with mario and his fire ball. both styles act different. i play better with doc than mario cause whether you see it or not they are different in style ways. everybody should love clones they did make it more fun for the game and did make it more better for other ppl such as myself

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Well that was um.. stupid, maybe you should try actually READING our posts before doing so yourself? If you had done you would have realised that we would've preffered Ganondorf to have his own moveset but Are happy that he is a clone and works well because if he wasn't he wouldn't be in melee at all, would you have preferred that? Clones are good if the developers are short on time so don't go posting a failed smarmy sarcastic comment before you even know what we mean next time.

The birdo Yoshi clone is a great idea!

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
The Birdo as a Yoshi clone is exactly why clones are a good thing.

Birdo herself probably has too few merits to make it into the game as a wholy new-original character (no offense to Birdo fans, this is just an opinion). However, as the final hours of development draw nigh, and the developers no longer have the time to create a new moveset, Birdo can indeed be added because she's a wanted character who shares some similarities to an already existing character.
Without the possibility of appearing as a clone, Birdo's chances for making it into brawl are considerably slimer.
And this is true for other characters as well. After Samus, Zamus, and hopefuly Ridley make it in to Brawl, it's a stretch to also see Dark Samus added to the list as a unique character. But I can easily see Dark Samus making it as a clone.

Moon Monkey: clones don't take up character slots, because they're added after all the real character slots have been given out. Clones are padding, but in a good way. Also, Luigi isn't a clone in melee, despite his similarities, because his basic skeleton is different from Mario's.

Tera253

Smash Ace
The clones' moves have different effects than the origianls, allow Tera to name a few:
Ganny's up tilt has a huge impossible-to-hit-anyone delay
Falco's deflector sends people straight up
Pichu's down smash deoesn't suck people in
Young Link's spin attack does^
Falco's fire before the blast does not hurt
Doc's pills bounce differently than fireballs
Ganny doesn't have that rapid punch
the list goes on and on
SSBB - (minus) clones=not up to par
~Tera253~

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I think that they should have at least 2 characters from each game, even if they have to make the second character a clone. This gives the players a better choice of the characters in their favorite game, and more brawl games would sell. Here are the clones I was thinking:
Yoshi:Birdo
Samus:Zamus (already confirmed)
Ness:Jeff
Samus:Ridley
DK:Diddy
Peach:Toad (kinda a stretch on this one)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
The clones' moves have different effects than the origianls, allow Tera to name a few:
Ganny's up tilt has a huge impossible-to-hit-anyone delay
Falco's deflector sends people straight up
Pichu's down smash deoesn't suck people in
Young Link's spin attack does^
Falco's fire before the blast does not hurt
Doc's pills bounce differently than fireballs
Ganny doesn't have that rapid punch
the list goes on and on
SSBB - (minus) clones=not up to par
~Tera253~
I agree, nice examples but I have hit someone in a match with Ganon's Utilt, I accidentally pressed it, said "aw crap", and to my completre surprise, my friend who I thought was at least mildly competant rna into it and said "ah."

I think that they should have at least 2 characters from each game, even if they have to make the second character a clone. This gives the players a better choice of the characters in their favorite game, and more brawl games would sell. Here are the clones I was thinking:
Yoshi:Birdo
Samus:Zamus (already confirmed)
Ness:Jeff
Samus:Ridley
DK:Diddy
Peach:Toad (kinda a stretch on this one)

WAAAAAAAAA?? Yoshi birdo is fine by all means but the others NOOoOOOOooOO! Zamus isn't a clone, no idea about Jeff but Samus Ridley?!?!? Ridley would need a unique moveset to be in (which he should be) but if he's a clone there's no way it'd be of Samuus, bowser is more likely, don't know where you got that idea from. DK:Diddy, I hope you mean in the Pichu - Pikachu sense because Diddy is a fast agile character not a power one like DK. Peach - toad? Just no. Peach - Daisy more like (I hope not, I hate Daisy)

Top Bottom