• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha for sure, although it makes sense for the best sheikah to be the chieftain of them. :p Btw I loved her in Hyrule warriors... First character to max out and I still enjoyed playing her.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Which stages in general are the best for Sheik?
some people might disagree but I absolutely hate battlefield, probably the worst neutral stage for me as sheik at least. I also really dislike Halberd because of that low ceiling, and Lylat because its just weird in general. Lylat and battlefield are good for sweetspotting up smash if u hit beneath the platform but other than that, ugh.

I like smashville, town and city (the platforms there are better/easier to deal with than battlefield and its a much bigger stage), and FD (and omegas) the best.

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
To each their own honestly, sheik is so good in this one that any platforms give so much you'd be silly not to try and get them... Some prefer less over more though as Arikado points out, Some people say lylat/battlefield are her best while others say smashville/fd is. Just figure out what you like and you should be fine... Just try not to go to small ceiling stages if you can.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Don't know how often you guys check in here but wanted to share a little bit of my work with you guys.

Check it out when you get time, and leave suggestions for future stuff (preferably on YouTube). Love you sheiks.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Lol or you could take the lazy route and set a trigger to jump (which makes OoS options easier to perform as well). But yeah practice as always. All it is is a full hop and at the start of the jump you throw the needles out.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Lol or you could take the lazy route and set a trigger to jump (which makes OoS options easier to perform as well). But yeah practice as always. All it is is a full hop and at the start of the jump you throw the needles out.
been practicing this to perfection (still far from it though) and I realized that, at least for me, it's impossible to pull it off with the standard controls and with using Y to jump and B to shoot the needles... I set Z to jump and it's been working perfectly though. dunno if that's the case for everyone though.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I know this is a double post and sorry tristian because i know you warned me last time but no one posted in 4 days and there's no delete option to delete my last post and then add to it instead of editing; cuz otherwise no one will know I made an edit lol

Something interesting happened last night when I was playing against a friend of mine who's a Rosalina main. I got a dash grab at the edge of the stage, did an fthrow, and he DI'd up and towards me so I was able to pull off a Vanish (like the dthrow -> vanish thing, but in this case its an fthrow)... and to my surprise, it actually killed. He was at roughly 60-70% (i think 70ish after the actual damage from Vanish). I'm not sure if it was because I caught him off guard and he didn't DI properly or actually DI'd into the blastzone, but imo it's worth looking into because I managed to get a kill so early lol.

Sadly I don't think I have the video on me now and I'm not sure if my friend saved the replay but I'll check and see when I can. It happened on one of the omega stages.

In general I feel like fthrow into Vanish can be as effective as dthrow to vanish, I've been using it lately.

Dyce

Smash Cadet
I've also used fthrow to vanish as a mixup to dthrow to vanish. It's all about conditioning the opponent at that point. Of course, some players are just too smart and will habitually jump away from Sheik as she tries to do a follow up. Also, it is really difficult to perform Rising Needles > BF with default controls, but I have been able to consistently perform it by full hopping with X and pressing B at about the same time. The timing is strict until it becomes a habit. As long as you don't touch the floor, you can perform a BF follow up. This is why you can even do single-3 rising needles offstage and follow up with BF. You can see False perform a single to BF in his Sheik Mixclip.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Can I officially name this the Floppy Flounder? It's fun :happysheep:

http://gfycat.com/SilkyBogusAllensbigearedbat
I got a similar kill when I was still playing the 3DS version (against wasserwipf I believe) and it was amazing haha

I think I got something close to it once in the WiiU version though but I can't remember.

The best of all was when I got a Bouncing Fish against an opponent that was just slightly below the ledge on a stage like FD, and I ended up somehow stage spiking him with the bouncing fish.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
I got a similar kill when I was still playing the 3DS version (against wasserwipf I believe) and it was amazing haha

I think I got something close to it once in the WiiU version though but I can't remember.

The best of all was when I got a Bouncing Fish against an opponent that was just slightly below the ledge on a stage like FD, and I ended up somehow stage spiking him with the bouncing fish.
yup, I even posted a gif in this very thread. Page 15. Oh god the quality.
Luckily, I got a wiiU now and a better was to show that off, high quality gif etc. (against CPU tho...)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
why would it be? I main Sheik and Marth's my secondary lol, nothing wrong with that
I think Marth & Sheik is a great combo. They both cover each others weaknesses. I tried using Marth, but I dropped him because it was hard transitioning from Project M to SSB4. I prefer Ike, since he's more defensive.

Speaking of which, do any of you play a defensive Sheik? I know I do. I generally rush my opponents down early on so I can rack up damage and gain control of the match. After that, I generally bait and punish with Needles.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
It's because all my friends tell me to drop Rosalina but I feel that Rosalina and Sheik can cover each other weaknesses, Sheik can beat rush down characters for Rosalina while Rosalina can cover characters for sheik as she's a bit similar to Marth because both have disjointed hitboxes, both play a spacing game and both have great kill power, which I feel Sheik lacks a bit.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a resource for Shieks Throw -> Vanish combo. I've heard about it but haven't had much success with it. I'm assuming it's DI and % specific but I can't find a thread about it.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Does anyone have a resource for Shieks Throw -> Vanish combo. I've heard about it but haven't had much success with it. I'm assuming it's DI and % specific but I can't find a thread about it.
it's definitely not a true combo and it never works if your opponent jumps out from the throw; it only works if they air dodge or simply don't move (and human opponents will usually react.. either air dodge, attack, or jump).

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
I await the day Sm4sh get's costume DLC I await Sheik Hyrule Warriors outfit attractiveness level over 9,000!!!!!1

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
it's definitely not a true combo and it never works if your opponent jumps out from the throw; it only works if they air dodge or simply don't move (and human opponents will usually react.. either air dodge, attack, or jump).
Thanks! I have one more question if you don't mind.
I asked this in the Bouncign Fish thread as well, but is the Forward throw to Bouncing fish a true combo? It says in the thread that it is guarenteed on dedede until 60%, but I played a dedede today who air dodged out of it pretty much every time even at low percents. Idk if I was doing it wrong somehow, but it didn't seem to work.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I asked this in the Bouncign Fish thread as well, but is the Forward throw to Bouncing fish a true combo? It says in the thread that it is guarenteed on dedede until 60%, but I played a dedede today who air dodged out of it pretty much every time even at low percents. Idk if I was doing it wrong somehow, but it didn't seem to work.
yeah it's a true combo pretty much most of the time, no matter how they DI, provided it's at the correct percentages and you react accordingly. I had similar problems at first but you can practice this in training mode; after doing fthrow immediately do a bouncing fish and try to catch their DI. If they DI up and towards you, shorten your BF's animation/range and it should catch them, if they DI anywhere else, it should catch them regardless. There are some characters (mario, jiggly, kirby, luigi, g&w off the top of my head) that the combo doesn't work on, but it should work on most heavies and mid-weight characters.

At mid/relatively high percents it can also work if you short hop and imediately intercept the short hop with a bf; basically you do a BF as you shorthop and it can catch them, but it's not a true combo I think. You can see me pulling this off here against a marth at 90-100%: https://gfycat.com/EthicalMediumCleanerwrasse

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Also, don't forget that rage affects Sheiks throws alot. So once you are at 100%, even if he is at 0% it could not work.
As mentioned, you don't need to be frame perfect, but super fast. You should experiemtn with the combo at first, you might want lucario as a training partner and then go on from there. Once you understood the timing of this, you should be able to pull this off like... always.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sorry I haven't posted recently. I've had great success using her and have been getting so many gimps. I feel that I'm able to dictate the flow of the match most of the time and throw my opponent of their tempo.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else have issues playing Sheik online? it always feels like I'm playing with weights on. I know the lag is the factor, but yeah it seems like Sheik almost requires offline sometimes.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Does anyone else have issues playing Sheik online? it always feels like I'm playing with weights on. I know the lag is the factor, but yeah it seems like Sheik almost requires offline sometimes.
Sheik requires precision. Probably more-so than a lot of the cast because she has a lot of technical stuff to pull off if you're playing her at a decent level. If you're trying to pull off a Needle fidget input and you drop frames in the middle of it due to latency (even if it's just the smallest amount), your whole setup is ruined. I think ZSS has similar problems when playing online (In fact, I think I remember there being a thread on the ZSS boards stating that you shouldn't play online with the character).

I have problems playing Sheik online as well. I rarely play online for that reason. I hate losing, and if I know that there's some aspect of the format that is contributing to that (no matter how small), I'll straight up refuse to play when in a serious competitive environment.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I've been listening to two steps from hell and wondered what everyone else listens to(that is if they aren't listening to the game sound track).

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
:ness: When I get back i'll probably bump the new k.dot album, to pimp a butterfly. Any other sheik main hip hop heads out there??

edit: maybe this is sheik social material >_<

Last edited:

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
quite possibly, I'm just looking to see what flavor of music the sheik board has :p

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
Also agree.. sometimes I grenade offstage when I meant to do an extending BF.. i just blame lag, or trying to bust the shino stall but missing the ledge... blame lag :)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Also agree.. sometimes I grenade offstage when I meant to do an extending BF.. i just blame lag, or trying to bust the shino stall but missing the ledge... blame lag :)
That happens to me sometimes. Other times I'll BF in the other direction because I'm trying to hard not accidently use grenade. The Circle Pad can be a ***** sometimes.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
That happens to me sometimes. Other times I'll BF in the other direction because I'm trying to hard not accidently use grenade. The Circle Pad can be a ***** sometimes.
you play on 3ds? I'll make sure to include you in my prayers.

i never pray

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I listen to mostly metal, but generally not too modern metal. I love Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Pantera. I'll listen to Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Dream Theater a lot as well, and I want to get into Rush so I'll listen to them sometime soon.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Gonna break the chain of fast paced music and say I listen to Nujabes, Onra, and Ta-Ku's 25 Nights for Nujabes album. The slower pace reminds me to be more patient with the neutral game and songs involving pianos always keep me from getting too flustered when I play.

Top Bottom