• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyper Sodium Force! ~ CANCELED

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I regret to inform all of you that Inui has canceled this event. Sorry.

HYPER SODIUM FORCE!

Event Staff
Inui
ChiboSempai
dmbrandon

We've got your classic Brawl fix brought to you by Inui and Chibo, and Diem will be hosting MvC3!​

Venue Location

Knights of Columbus Hall
203 West Sylvania Avenue
Neptune City, NJ 07753

You can take a train to the Asbury Park station and get picked up by Smashers at the venue, including myself, for a small fee. Public transportation does exist for this event.

Prices and Events

Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person
Brawl Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $5 per person
Melee Singles: $10
MvC3: $5

Bringing a TV or Wii/Cube that we use will get your venue fee reduced by $2. Bringing a full set-up will get you a $5 discount. Please bring set-ups so this tournament can happen and actually finish! The first set-ups to be given to me will be the ones used. If we do not use your setup you do not get a discount, first come first serve.

Payouts

Brawl Singles
1st: 48%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Brawl Doubles
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

MvC3 and Melee Events
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

*All are subject to change based on attendance.

Order of Events

We've got your Brawl, we've got your Melee, and we're gonna try out some MvC3! Spread the word to everyone, enter and do your best in all games available!

10:00am is when I will open the venue to everyone. Upon entering, you will immediately be required to pay the $10 venue fee, which can be discounted by bringing set-ups. The first people to bring them get the discounts until we can't accept them anymore.

At 11:00am, we will start registering people for every event at the same time. Each event will be closed shortly before the bracket is made, meaning you can enter things later on during the last call.

12:00pm, the bracket for Brawl doubles will be made, and the event will start.

2:00pm, the bracket for Melee doubles will be made, and the event will start.

When Brawl doubles thins out enough, Brawl singles will begin after a last call for sign-ups.

When Melee doubles thins out enough, Melee singles will begin after a last call for sign-ups.

MvC3 will run mostly throughout singles on two separate setups

The Rules

Brawl

• 3 stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items set to off and none

Starter Stages

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

• Controller ports are decided by rock-paper-scissors, Game and Watch Judgment, coin flip, or whatever else you want.
  • The first stage is decided by striking. One player or team strikes one stage, the other player or team strikes two stages, then the other player or team strikes one more stage to leave only one left to play on.
  • Each player or team may choose to ban one stage from play during the set.
  • Loser of the previous matches picks the next stage, winner picks their character, then the loser picks their character.
  • If you are not at your station within three minutes of having your match called, you forfeit the first game. After five minutes, you forfeit the set. Do not disappear without letting the hosts know and do not ignore us when your match is called. I will gladly DQ people to make the event run more smoothly.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor will be decided first by stocks, then by percent.
  • Excessive stalling is banned. This includes Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape and all other glitches and using the Ice Climber's chaingrab or grab releases past 200% to eat up time. First offense gets a warning, second gets loss of stock, third gets loss of game.
  • A ledge grab limit of 40 will be in place to prevent abuse of the game's ledge mechanics. This only matters if the match goes to time.
  • Going under a stage multiple times before landing on the stage is banned. If you go under a stage, you must return to the main surface of the stage before going under the stage again. First offense gets a warning, second gets loss of stock, third gets loss of game.
  • King Dedede's standing and small-step chaingrabs are banned.
  • In the event of a suicide kill finish the players do what the game says. In the event of a sudden death a 1 stock 3 minute rematch is done.
  • Pause Rule: First offense = stock loss, Second offense = game loss.
  • Wiimote and Classic Controller users must take out their batteries when not in a match. First offense gets a warning, second offense gets you DQed from whatever you're in, third offense gets you kicked out of the venue.

Melee

We will be using the MBR ruleset found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

MvC3 Rules

Coming Soon!

AllisBrawl link! Please click the "I am attending this tournament" section if you're coming and spread the word![/center]

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Chibo, please take my name out of the title. I have my reasons and I'd also not rather have my tag so close to one of the gayest tourny names I've ever seen.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
LMAO!! Inui's tournies consistently have the gayest tourney names I've ever heard, one after the other.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
kai stop being a baby about the name

if you don't want to help host it, i'lll gladly do it instead and make the money :3

hype for inui's tournies plz

name doesn't matter when they are ran very well and are fun

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
since i cant figure out how to send a personal message, i hope you see this

inui,

when i was younger i was a complete a-hole too you, and for that im very sorry, i was reading alot of our arguments today. but i think its time to get back into the smash game.

hope to be here, looks legit!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
kai stop being a baby about the name

if you don't want to help host it, i'lll gladly do it instead and make the money :3

hype for inui's tournies plz

name doesn't matter when they are ran very well and are fun
I specifically said I had my reasons. Please stay out of things you don't understand or aren't informed about.
since i cant figure out how to send a personal message, i hope you see this

inui,

when i was younger i was a complete a-hole too you, and for that im very sorry, i was reading alot of our arguments today. but i think its time to get back into the smash game.

hope to be here, looks legit!
He's banned. He won't see it here

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm gonna try and get unknown to this so he can sweep up MVC3

Keitaro

I pray my finals will be over in time for this tourney. I think tourney is right in the middle of it for me though :(

Zucco

Smash Master
Thats not necessarily true, and nobody really cares about marvel lol.

edit: or should I say, smash players dont care enough to enter.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I shall bring setups + people for melee + possibly marvel.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Melee has been added as a semi main/side event due to the request of many players that live in the area for melee, there are already about 8 interested entrants

Keitaro

Depending on how the attendance for Melee is at this will ultimately decide if I'll ever do something for Melee later this year.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The last one was awesome and this will be just as great, it's worth the trip

Bring someone with you like Holy. Get on that cheap bus fare.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I should have people for Melee and Marvel. I'll post a list once enough get back to me.

Top Bottom