• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HYPE!- New SSB64 combo video! (PETE,RICKY,&TANK)

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Not bad...
Who am I kidding, that was pure ecstasy. When I see a combo video where every combo is great, I'm just happy for days. Good job y'all.
;)

My preference when checking out TMCs:

SS Tier
Falcon (so many possibilities keeps these from getting stale)

S Tier
Link (difficult char to master, but lots of options)

A Tier
Samus (only because I'm amazed people (Ricky) can actually somewhat combo with her)
DK (but only if it's something beyond Uair xn)

B Tier
Fox (the more shines, the better!)
Jigglypuff (teleports and pounds are nice)
Ness (DJCs are best)

C Tier
Luigi (always satisfying with the finishes)

D Tier
Yoshi (some cool recent stuff with Dairs (Ricky), but most combos seem stale and boring to me)
Mario (slow, boring, unsatisfying finishers
Kirby (i die a little inside every time i see a Utilt)
Pikachu (my least favorite character to watch in-game and in TM)

---

Falcon has been and always will remain my favorite. In the right hands, there is so much variety and has the potential to be something never done before with each and every combo.
Yeah, I like your list.

And what about that Luigi Ricky combo on MK from his all char combo vid (that I can't link to you ;_; ).
:(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Falcon is an awful, terrible character to watch and play if it's uair xn >up+b, I'll give you that.

I suppose every character is horribly boring if it's just BnB all day.

man this game sucks
no they're not, just Falcon :troll:

also with your reasoning for Falcon (in the previous post), Fox should be way higher, like first or second :D

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
no they're not, just Falcon :troll:

also with your reasoning for Falcon (in the previous post), Fox should be way higher, like first or second :D
this is true, but Fox bores me

however, not enough to put him any lower since occasionally i am inspired

i remember malva talking **** on one of alancitu's Fox combos saying it was boring (and we all know how well alancitu combos) and i sorta agreed with him, although i really had no reason to

IDK

Fox combos often last longer than they should, simply because Fox has some easy tools to keep combos going. don't get me wrong, i can most certainly appreciate the 99-hit, minute-long combos and the tenacity that goes into them, but i'm never really left in awe

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah unless you're building up to something like that one ballin combo, the endless dairs/FHuairs get old real fast

fox is real versatile tho so he can have cool stuff even if his default mode is boring

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i feel like you'll appreciate fox combos more if you try to do them. even drills and stuff are kinda hard IMO (maybe that's just cuz i suck tho). anyway i can generally agree that lots of drills are boring, but that doesn't mean all fox combos are like that

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Don't bother lol. They'll appreciate them all if they try them, but we're talking about spectating.

And all fox combos aren't boring :( . Because Fox is the most versatile comboer shouldn't hurt him, he can be pushed and do sooo much. Just like I don't understand how Samus being more limited makes her more entertaining to watch lol? Fox combos can be crazy if they aren't drill uptilt just to get the numbers high for no reason.

Also, I think Alan's combos are repetitive and boring all the time (don't get me wrong, no disrespect- he was great for him time, had the quantity, and did have some crazy combos); keeping a combo going for the sake of keeping it going is kinda lame. This was a lot like most of the old school Japanese combos and Dark Link too (again, super good for his time and probably the main reason I play competitive smash today); jab>dair at 200% was fun to watch years ago but not really anymore lol. That's why I don't put them in the Prince, Malva, Ricky bracket.

Kind of a rant. I forgot what my point was...

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
You're right, Fox CAN be pushed to do awesome stuff, and those are the combos I really enjoy. I like to see lots of variety in move usage, as well as slick movement and tech skill. I prefer combos to be extravagantly showy with lots of pivots and difficult movements.

That's one of the reasons I like Ricky's combos so much. He does technical stuff just for the sake of showing off what he can do. An example is finishing a Link combo with a FF U-air, as opposed to a standard Fair. I love to see that stuff, and pretty much any combo is entertaining to me if you do a lot of subtle technical jazz.

Regarding Samus, being able to combo in general with her pretty much requires extreme technical skill :awesome: so those are always entertaining to watch. e.g. Ricky's latest Samus combo had a FF aerial, teleport, and a couple ledge cancels. That's pretty technical and falls under the "cool ****" category, earning my seal of approval!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ricky samus combos (i.e. pretty much the only samus combos lol) are hella fun to watch because you're like, woah, samus can do that?

And yeah, we all agree that fox CAN be cool, it's just that he often isn't.

The Star King

Smash Hero
IDK why Samus combos are fun to watch lol. It might be that they're uncommon, while on the other hand I've seen so much Fox and Falcon it feels I like I've gotten most of what I can get from them, despite being less limited.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Fox is boring to watch, but is too much tecnical.
Samus is more funny with her fire weapons and that little bomb.

(I love discussing about Combos, if only i could understand english so fluently).

SSBPete

Smash Lord
tier list of the combos in HYPE, based on my preferences and peoples comments on yt and this thread:

s tier
samus

a tier
yoshi
jiggs
ness
falcon

b tier
fox
link
luigi

c tier
kirby
pika
mario
dk

M!nt

Smash Champion
They should put video descriptions on the top of the videos.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
they should reach out of the screen, slap you in the face, and forcibly point your face in the direction of the video description

firo

Smash Ace
Do you have any of your videos saved on your computer Ricky? Or did you delete them after you uploaded them?

Also pretty sweet vid

M!nt

Smash Champion
If I had combos like that, I would put backups of them all on every storage device I have.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
You're right, Fox CAN be pushed to do awesome stuff, and those are the combos I really enjoy. I like to see lots of variety in move usage, as well as slick movement and tech skill. I prefer combos to be extravagantly showy with lots of pivots and difficult movements.

That's one of the reasons I like Ricky's combos so much. He does technical stuff just for the sake of showing off what he can do. An example is finishing a Link combo with a FF U-air, as opposed to a standard Fair. I love to see that stuff, and pretty much any combo is entertaining to me if you do a lot of subtle technical jazz.

Regarding Samus, being able to combo in general with her pretty much requires extreme technical skill :awesome: so those are always entertaining to watch. e.g. Ricky's latest Samus combo had a FF aerial, teleport, and a couple ledge cancels. That's pretty technical and falls under the "cool ****" category, earning my seal of approval!
Ricky samus combos (i.e. pretty much the only samus combos lol) are hella fun to watch because you're like, woah, samus can do that?

And yeah, we all agree that fox CAN be cool, it's just that he often isn't.
Samus > Fox
Also, I think "Nobody" take the risk using Samus and make good combos. (exept Pete).

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I've only uploaded about 5 samus combos, 4 of which are very basic. Prince has some good samus combos and Alan has a couple good ones too but Ricky is definitely the king of samus.

:phone:

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Now...Waiting.......................................................................................................................................................................... you know.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
all of TANK'S are on console, while Ricky and mine are on emulator

i'm originally a console player but i find its easier to record ect on emulator

Top Bottom