• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian vs Sethlon Tournament Set.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
You, sir, are ignorant, arrogant, and should stop posting right this second. Perhaps go jump off a bridge, instead.

Doesn't really matter whether you consider me seriously or not, but for the record people like you are the ones who make me consider suicide.

Ahaha, I've known piles of **** smarter than you.

Actually, many people disagree, why would you be defending it if nobody agreed that Brawl was good. If Brawl sucked, everyone would just go back to playing Melee. I believe there is a Brawl community here, and just because some people whine and complain but are too stupid to just go back to playing Melee is no reason to assume that nobody likes Brawl.

There was nothing wrong with these matches, a larger amount of mindgames are needed as anything you do could potentially hurt you, why is that worse than a super high speed retardo button mashing conflict?

It's like watching Korean Starcraft, fast paced see who can press the buttons faster game. Woohoo...
Lol. Way to join the bandwagon. If you were smarter than sliq, you wouldn't have responded to his posts. >_>

and as far as melee+ button mashing, your an idiot. It's that way because techniques require it. You can't do them w/o mashing it. perhaps you were just bad at the game and your being bad a trolling too.

Sliq

Smash Master
Perhaps go jump off a bridge, instead.
Already did, twice. No parachute. It's called extreme base jumping. I'm that ****ing awesome.

Doesn't really matter whether you consider me seriously...
I don't.

..but for the record people like you are the ones who make me consider suicide.
Well, let's just hope some day you get the balls to finally off yourself so I don't have to reply to you anymore. Man up, wuss.

It is probably much easier to make friends with **** then people, especially when you are a sufferer of down syndrome.

Actually, many people disagree, why would you be defending it if nobody agreed that Brawl was good. If Brawl sucked, everyone would just go back to playing Melee.
Unless, of course, you never played Melee competitively. I mean, if you didn't, you'd have NOTHING TO BASE THAT ASSERTION ON.

As opposed to someone who has, say, played both in a tournament setting. KaKOW!

Plus A LOT of people still play Melee because Brawful is basically a shallow version of Melee.

I believe there is a Brawl community here, and just because some people whine and complain but are too stupid to just go back to playing Melee is no reason to assume that nobody likes Brawl.
Yeah, and a lot of people voted for George Bush. Argumentum ad populum my friend.

There was nothing wrong with these matches, a larger amount of mindgames are needed as anything you do could potentially hurt you, why is that worse than a super high speed retardo button mashing conflict?
This assures me, and everyone else in this thread with a brain stem that you are, without a doubt, the world's biggest shithead. Your complete and total ignorance on the topic at hand is so mind boggling I think that you just killed Jesus with your stupid. Way to go.

It's like watching Korean Starcraft, fast paced see who can press the buttons faster game. Woohoo...
I hope you get aids, and then get stabbed to death right before you succumb to illness.

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
Yeah, and a lot of people voted for George Bush. Argumentum ad populum my friend.
Good point. That fact still disturbs me.

This assures me, and everyone else in this thread with a brain stem that you are, without a doubt, the world's biggest shithead. Your complete and total ignorance on the topic at hand is so mind boggling I think that you just killed Jesus with your stupid. Way to go.
Nice dodging of the question, you should probably learn how to make a decisive argument, you see, they require structured points that can disprove your oppositions logic. My opinion hasn't swayed at all from insults and gum flapping.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Then you didn't watch enough high level Melee matches.

don't be a c*nt sliq, I watched plenty of Melee vids. Get over yourself...
All I've ever seen from you is complaints and general b*tching yet hardly a thing to help the community.

It was fun to watch by Brawl standards thus far.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks for ruining my thread sliq.

There was no reason for you to start all this ****. And god you are acting elitest. Get over yourself.

Corigames

Smash Hero

There was no reason for you to start all this ****. And god you are acting elitest. Get over yourself.
Commanding someone to get over them self, being condescending to them in an authoritarian manner, and telling someone the error of there ways through insulting tones and curse words.

Who's elitist again?

Sliq is the only reason you are a live. I hate to break this to you now and in this way but... he's your father.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol, Sliq is ********/funny. I'm happy you're in NY so I'll hopefully be able to play you in tourney whether Brawl or Melee.

Sliq

Smash Master

Yeah, this thread was brimming with activity before I showed up and ruined it. Also, I wouldn't be such an elitist if I wasn't so elite.

Sliq is the only reason you are a live. I hate to break this to you now and in this way but... he's your father.
Not again...

lol, Sliq is ********/funny. I'm happy you're in NY so I'll hopefully be able to play you in tourney whether Brawl or Melee.
If you ae going to the Pittsburgh tournament this weekend, I'll be there.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
this thread is full of win. Sliq your an ***, but your funny so it works. Melee is a dying game though and eventually your gonna have to change to Brawl. Don't flame me because I speak the truth in a few years melee tournies are gonna be scarce. It will be sad, but thank god brawl doesnt suck

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
You, sir, are ignorant, arrogant, and should stop posting right this second. Perhaps go jump off a bridge, instead.

Doesn't really matter whether you consider me seriously or not, but for the record people like you are the ones who make me consider suicide.

Actually, many people disagree, why would you be defending it if nobody agreed that Brawl was good. If Brawl sucked, everyone would just go back to playing Melee. I believe there is a Brawl community here, and just because some people whine and complain but are too stupid to just go back to playing Melee is no reason to assume that nobody likes Brawl.

Oh you didnt just say that korean starcraft is all about who can push buttonsfaster... you really didnt...

Why the *** do scrubs these times bash on the games best ever made?, and the deepest? Its amazing, some scrub by the IC forums was rambling about how infinites in Brawl "ACTUALLY TOOK SKILL TO DO LOL LMAO AT THIS DUDE) in comparison to Melees "easy infinites" (because we all know that the drillshine, pillaring, and other stuff were so ***** easy technically to do) (although pillaring aint an infinite... you guet my point). How can an imbecile like that say that combos in Brawl take "skill to pull off" when in Melee we had things that required such precision like the Ken combo and such...

And now comes this other imbecile saying that korean starcraft is about who can push buttons faster.

Omfg who gave this scrubs the right to post... who :S

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Did every tournament match feature complete garbage stages? Or just the finals?

Grapple is obscene. Long range, instant, 7% dmg, combo ability, miminal lag, spammable. Where's the drawback/weakness?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Did every tournament match feature complete garbage stages? Or just the finals?

Grapple is obscene. Long range, instant, 7% dmg, combo ability, miminal lag, spammable. Where's the drawback/weakness?
1. No mind games. If that's the only move they are doing, 9 times out of ten you can guess what they are going to do next.
2. It cancels when it hits the ground. This is good for jumping right back up and spamming it again, but if you just tried to shoot them with it and it doesn't come out, then they get a free approach time.
3. It's not a good edgeguard because when you try to use it as such, you just grab the edge instead.

The move's good, but it's one of her very few.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Those aren't drawbacks, coreygames.

1. No mind games. If that's the only move they are doing, 9 times out of ten you can guess what they are going to do next.
This is the fault of the player, not the move.

2. It cancels when it hits the ground. This is good for jumping right back up and spamming it again, but if you just tried to shoot them with it and it doesn't come out, then they get a free approach time.
Again, messing up the grapple is the fault of the player. It doesn't make the move worse.

3. It's not a good edgeguard because when you try to use it as such, you just grab the edge instead.
Just because it's not used for edgeguarding doesn't make it worse.

The only real drawback to the grapple is that you've got to use Samus to get it.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Samus is 1337 son!

And the grapple has mindgames... there was never a rule that it HAD to connect.

a 'missed' grapple can lead into a number of things depending on how your opponent evaded it. Keeping it just out of hitting range can cause an opponent to fall back towards the edge or do something dumb to approach you. You could also 'accidentally' jump to high and face the wrong way, giving them an 'opening' to attack and if they've been messed with enough and it was timed right they will attack but end up with a Bair to the face. Mindgames abound man. Theres more but a Samus player would know/figure it out on their own.

Any way you cut it its one of Samus' best ways to control the flow of the match.

Its all mindgames though so don't expect it to work all the time, especially if you haven't mixed things up.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Already did, twice. No parachute. It's called extreme base jumping. I'm that ****ing awesome.

I don't.

Well, let's just hope some day you get the balls to finally off yourself so I don't have to reply to you anymore. Man up, wuss.

It is probably much easier to make friends with **** then people, especially when you are a sufferer of down syndrome.

Unless, of course, you never played Melee competitively. I mean, if you didn't, you'd have NOTHING TO BASE THAT ASSERTION ON.

As opposed to someone who has, say, played both in a tournament setting. KaKOW!

Plus A LOT of people still play Melee because Brawful is basically a shallow version of Melee.

I hope you get aids, and then get stabbed to death right before you succumb to illness.
Dude, you are an arrogant prick who needs to get over himself. You think you're some kind of god because you have a high post count and go to tournaments. You know, it isn't worth being know if you're known for being an ***. I can't see why you haven't been banned yet, telling people to go die and the likes. And you're wrong, it was prideful arrogant people like you who murdered Jesus.

I apologize for not adding anything decent to this thread, but I had to say something. But I did watch the videos and would like to say nice job.:)

Sliq

Smash Master
Dude, you are an arrogant prick who needs to get over himself. You think you're some kind of god because you have a high post count and go to tournaments. You know, it isn't worth being know if you're known for being an ***. I can't see why you haven't been banned yet, telling people to go die and the likes. And you're wrong, it was prideful arrogant people like you who murdered Jesus.

I apologize for not adding anything decent to this thread, but I had to say something. But I did watch the videos and would like to say nice job.:)
No one cares what you think.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Edit: Nvm

Actually wow. I should watch the tourney set between Hylian and Sethlon. Lets all be good guys and watch it :D

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
My original opinion was that Brawl matches were way more boring to watch then Melee ones. Then you seemed to take that as me saying Melee is better, despite never saying that. But I forgive you. You are, after all, a dumbass.

Also, you are a nobody. No one has ever heard of you. People have heard of the Roman Emperor of the same name, but no one has heard of you in regards to Smash, because you suck, and never placed high. Furthermore, you never offered any insight into the game, did no research, and did not in anyway try to pioneer new gameplay strategies. I'd say you are a pretty big nobody.
Good job. Your good at something that nobody outside the Smash community gives a flying f*ck about.

Also, I like how you completely ignored what I said about the stupidity of your posts and went straight to personal insults. You know I'm right, so you fall back to acting like a 10 year old once again, by insulting me instead or defending against my statement with a logical response. Grow up.

Sliq

Smash Master
Good job. Your good at something that nobody outside the Smash community gives a flying f*ck about.

Also, I like how you completely ignored what I said about the stupidity of your posts and went straight to personal insults. You know I'm right, so you fall back to acting like a 10 year old once again, by insulting me instead or defending against my statement with a logical response. Grow up.
Well, seeing as how everyone on this forum is a part of the smash ocmmunity, it would seem my talent is RELEVANT YOU FUCKING JACKASS.

I like how you argue the stupidity of my posts, when they make perfect sense, and you just strongly dislike the manner in which I present my ideas, to which I reply, I don't give a shit what you think.

Plus, if I were to constantly post in a logical manner, calm and collect, no one would act any ****ing differently. They'd still all be *******, ignore what I said, and keep on going. Perfect examples are everything the MookieRah and Buzz post about ANYTHING. They are always extremely logical, and post with a lot of knowledge, and you know whath appens? Like, 80% of the people ignore it.

I, on the other hand, have got your attention. You can't HELP but reply to what I'm saying. The drawback with mine is you ignore the content and just straight in with, "This guy is mean!" But at least with my way I am much more entertained.

I use to be nice on the fourms, but the internet isn't serious business, and pissing off ******* through the internet is funny to me.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Does the title say, "Some Nobody No One Has Heard of Acts Like a ***got?" No. Kill yourself.

/sleep

Tell me when you have finished

The match was great, that samus/ike was veryyy close. It surprised me!

IKE_Angel

Smash Journeyman
and i would also like to add CAN'T EVERYBODY GET ALONG WE'RE ALL HUMAN NO ONE NEEDS TO ARGUE AND CALL EACHOTHER NAMES YOU DON'T NEED TO PROVE YOUR POINT U EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN POINT OF VEIW SO KEEP IT TO YOURSELF AND DON'T MAKE A FUSS OVER NOTHING

Sliq

Smash Master
and i would also like to add CAN'T EVERYBODY GET ALONG WE'RE ALL HUMAN NO ONE NEEDS TO ARGUE AND CALL EACHOTHER NAMES YOU DON'T NEED TO PROVE YOUR POINT U EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN POINT OF VEIW SO KEEP IT TO YOURSELF AND DON'T MAKE A FUSS OVER NOTHING
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

Just kidding. Don't post in all caps and broken grammar.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer

please for the love of god do it, we need less noobs on the forum.

Top Bottom