• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian vs MikeHaze MM at Hobo17. *Updated with match 2 and screaming!* Also embeded.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I LAUGHED SO HARD!

See Hylian, i told u i lurk these boards. Better keep your anti-diddy strats. in the BR.
Don't worry about that :)...Oh...and I'm IN your backroom hahaha.

You just wait for our tournament match. I haven't lost to a diddy since you.

(stay out of my bracket and I'll stay out of yours :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

How much money was lost due to a person mikeHAZE'ing ;)
I lost $5.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
metamindgame spamming is amazing haha

maybe he screamed cuz he felt genuine fear? some ppl have really bad phobias

keke

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Fear of ******* grabbing or fear of infinites?

You guys should start practicing your cg's with ridiculously loud metal on now. xDDD Seeing how well this works makes me want to do it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Great matches, but you must capitalize when marth mispaces and gets directly above you with quick up airs. Nairs are kinda hard to use, i would suggest you cut the use of them a bit. As for cging, you messed up many times, though im not going to blame you, mikehaze is a douche for screaming. It is technically forbidden as it is a method that is out of the game to make you fail. Lucky for me i cant hear sound when im cging(its barely if i remember doing it O.o) .Next time he does so unplug is controller, its about the equivalent thing to do. This can easily be qualified as plain cheating.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Hey! That's my tag! :p

The screaming was really stupid and disrespectful... I would have complained

Prawn

Smash Master
I love how it seems like everyone but Hylian is complaining about the sceaming xD

QQ moar, we use an infinite chaingrab that if mastered can guarantee a kill if you land a grab.

Just scream back for the lawlz.

Teh Future

Smash Master
It was just a MM and Im pretty sure MH just did it for the lulz.

Anyways Hylian your ICs are awesome, get moar vids. I loved the dtilt kill second match

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It was just a MM and Im pretty sure MH just did it for the lulz.

Anyways Hylian your ICs are awesome, get moar vids. I loved the dtilt kill second match
Thanks. I will try and get more videos up.

And I'm not going to start **** with someone because they needed to scream to beat me. He said he wouldn't do it in tournament so I'm fine with that. He's really just hindering himself. Sure he got out of the grabs with the screams, but look at how many grabs I got. If he's not focusing more on keeping me separating and not getting grabbed then he won't stand a chance in tournament because I'll just infinite him considering how many grabs I was pulling off.

Unless he screams lol.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Thanks. I will try and get more videos up.

And I'm not going to start **** with someone because they needed to scream to beat me. He said he wouldn't do it in tournament so I'm fine with that. He's really just hindering himself. Sure he got out of the grabs with the screams, but look at how many grabs I got. If he's not focusing more on keeping me separating and not getting grabbed then he won't stand a chance in tournament because I'll just infinite him considering how many grabs I was pulling off.

Unless he screams lol.
Spoken from the man himself.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Pretty sure you could. It is a direct out of game attempt at distracting someone.

I should ask someone to try and hinder your vision otherwise.
If you complained about it in any other fighting game community, they would laugh at you. Trashtalk happens all the time and it's another direct out of game attempt at distracting someone but no one gets DQed for it. doing something physical like removing a controller or attacking would get you DQed

I think slikvik is actually going to be practicing and refining his screaming technique for his next tournament lolol
i gots this XD

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
i dont do it in tournament
You did it to me at supercon game 1....... And I have witnesses.

I don't really mind that much though

You have improved a lot Hylian. Why don't you even Ice Block when recovering though? It makes you a little less predictable, which is huge against Marth.

My only criticisim.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I do ice block when I recover..just not that often against marth.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I heard that it's genetical for all mikes and michaels to be able to scream... that would explain alot in my own life.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm sorry but that was dirty.

Yelling in someone's ear should not be tolerated by the TO.

@Slik: Phyisical Distraction is not the only form of distraction.

Trash Talking can be ignored, screaming in someones ear cannot be ignored.

MAJOR Disrupting of any of the three main 3 senses(touch, hearing, seeing) should not be allowed.

If someone in the street fighter community yelled into Justin Wong's ear(or any other player) so he'd drop a combo it would not be tolerated.

Even if it was only a MM

penguin_and_panda

Smash Apprentice
Even is it was a money match, he's still playing for money and shouldn't he not be allowed to do it? I mean, when I watch it I laugh but I don't think your allowed to scream in someones ear as a form of distraction.... And it was REALLY LOUD! Did you get ear damage or anything Hylian...
I actually watched this on youtube before finding this thread

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
New Brawl AT:

Scream Cancel

Serious note: I wouldn't have tolerated that screaming, I find it disrespectful. Well either way nice job Hylian, your grab count was very remarkable.

Helpful note: In the Third video, it seemed like you kind of let him juggle Nana a bit near the beginning. Granted you used Blizzard, but this is something that seemed to happen a bit more.

I'm no IC player myself, but I hope this helps for something.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
its not that big of a deal
I would think that it's less about the two people playing, and more out of courtesy for the other matches going in the venue.

Imagine how many other players were distracted from their games because of this. Higher leveled money matches, and possibly even tournaments matches?

It depends on many things.

However, like someone else posted above, the TO shouldn't tolerate this during the tournament itself.

---

Then again, I really don't care.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
GUYS LOOOSENN UP,
You guys have an infinate chaingrab, who cares lol. although hyli shoulda won first match honestly, 147% lead.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Hazing > IC Infinite

Hazing - An audible AT that causes your opponent to lose the ebb and flow of their game. When spammed, it reduces all IC matchups to 90:10, plus your opponent nearly goes deaf.

Hylian has no excuse for losing that first round, but as soon as Mike got him off the edge he got destroyed. It was still a good match.

Riickable

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Mike did it half for the lulz and half for a cheap win.
But because his screams, this video is a timeless IC classic.
It was only kinda savage cause it was a Money Match but it was only $5.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Yeah. Mike did it half for the lulz and half for a cheap win.
But because his screams, this video is a timeless IC classic.
It was only kinda savage cause it was a Money Match but it was only $5.
Only!?

$5 will feed a family! Don't ever underestimate the power of $5.

Top Bottom