• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hybrid Air Dodge (HAD) *Thread is CLOSED!-- For Ever*

Status
Not open for further replies.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
@petre: have you ever heard of a JC shine? "Jump cancel" can refer to both canceling a jump with something and canceling something with a jump. The terminology used was correct in that post (with the exception of pika's QAC since it actually causes you to bounce off the ground very slightly putting you into your neutral falling position while still in the air).
i always thought JC shine = shine OOS and that when you were talking about something like shine > usmash it would be shine > JC usmash, not JC shine > usmash (and it would make more sense cause you shine then jump then usmash). at least that's how i've always used it. i dunno maybe i'm wrong, but i KNOW that QAC has nothing to do with jump cancelling.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, as I said earlier, I'll open a thread to throw around ideas regarding a spacing tech after the finalish code set is out. Save your ideas or ideas about why those ideas are unnecessary o_O. Storm (and leaf, if you're interested) has agreed to strictly moderate it for constructive ideas only, so you don't have to worry about trolls.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
@petre: have you ever heard of a JC shine? "Jump cancel" can refer to both canceling a jump with something and canceling something with a jump. The terminology used was correct in that post (with the exception of pika's QAC since it actually causes you to bounce off the ground very slightly putting you into your neutral falling position while still in the air).
Hm? Pika's QAC is performed by jumping as soon as you hit the ground with Quick Attack, technically its not Jump canceled but its faster to jump so I thought JC was the correct term for jumping out of it.

QAC also gives you the third jump glitch flag in case Spunit was still wondering what else uses the flag. If you QAC then jump you will have the lag as you land. Or if you QAC into full jump neutral-B(Or any other special I think) you won't get lag but the flag will remain until the next time you land. With the triple jump glitch fix it seems to remove Pika's landing lag from QA altogether so you can quick attack into any attack. Pretty cool really, don't know if anything needs to be fixed about it.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
???

So should I just close this thread to negate bs arguments? As some of you may have noticed, I didn't bother getting into this, despite the fact that this is my thread. I may have chimed in from time to time, but either way, I don't care. All that I ask is that this code is shortened, and that some1 help me tweak the timer so that it is not as restricting.

I'll use this code for a while, I'll more than likely remove it if I find that it truly breaks the game. Or-- when we have an official standard. I'm looking forward to the buffs and nerfs--- character balancing. In addition, I can't wait to see what else comes our way.

storm92

Smash Ace
So should I just close this thread to negate bs arguments? As some of you may have noticed, I didn't bother getting into this, despite the fact that this is my thread. I may have chimed in from time to time, but either way, I don't care. All that I ask is that this code is shortened, and that some1 help me tweak the timer so that it is not as restricting.

I'll use this code for a while, I'll more than likely remove it if I find that it truly breaks the game. Or-- when we have an official standard. I'm looking forward to the buffs and nerfs--- character balancing. In addition, I can't wait to see what else comes our way.
Yeah, just put [Closed] in the title and maybe contact a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom