• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Joker's role and flavor strikes me as a town role/flavor (based on my role, and just general mafia knowledge) and he hasn't done a whole lot that has struck me as scummy. Vinyl's connections with 194 as well as that slot's play have convinced me (and everybody else) that 194 is scum, and I'd be much more happy with what is essentially a guaranteed scum lynch than a Joker lynch despite Joker's potentially dangerous (but somewhat controllable role).
Please explain to me what experiences lead you to believe his role is town and why you do not think his Day 2 was scummy as balls?

:phone:

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Why is Riddle using a Mod Meta argument to justify his reasoning for Joker being town? Are we really going to stoop that low just because your role happens to be an antagonist? Stuff like this doesn't mean ****.

Zen I love this new avatar.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If it's been used that has nothing to do with Kary's point of trying to keep it hiddedn. We know for a fact that no one has any pricelss cards trying to be hidden. Lucky Dice is the only priceless still out there. I'm trying to show you that there is literally no reason not to do this now. And that it is the best time to do so before scum can prepare.
Oh, i gotcha. i misunderstood some of the conversation.

Riddle, what took you so long to say that stuff about Kary?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Please explain to me what experiences lead you to believe his role is town and why you do not think his Day 2 was scummy as balls?

:phone:
Well, town or indie but I'm leaning town, because the way he's described his ability would be broken for scum, and because it just seems like a fairly pro-town ability (town does not have any reason not to make group decisions about these things, and with town collaboration it's nearly impossible for Joker to kill who he wants, which seems like a fairly weak indie role in a non-vanilla game).

I think Joker panicked, and made a terrible decision, but not a scummy one. Jokerscum or JokerIndie wouldn't just randomly daykill BSP like that I don't think.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Riddle with this hard defense on Joker is definitely not a Partner not wanting to lynch his own partner especially when everyone is basically going hard body on Joker in the first place. I'm betting Joker is either Indy or Town at this point. That much I can agree with him. I haven't read anything else that is too recent.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Riddle, some elaboration.

1) Have you used your ability? On who? What did you gain?
2) If not, talk to me on possible targets and how this will benefit town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Odds of Riddle making a connections case on me/Vinyl, if Riddle is in fact scum?

'playing the dumb card' with regards to Vinyl being traitor, as a gambit?

Because I think Riddlescum would be very much aware that they didn't know Vinyl was traitor.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Kev, you haven't used your Dice yet, have you?

Don't use them yet if you still have them.

Riddle

Smash Lord
No Lynch said:
Why is Riddle using a Mod Meta argument to justify his reasoning for Joker being town? Are we really going to stoop that low just because your role happens to be an antagonist? Stuff like this doesn't mean ****.
I don't think that Joker's flavor claim makes him town, I think his play in this game makes him town, but his flavor doesn't hurt his case any for me.

BSL said:
Riddle, what took you so long to say that stuff about Kary?
I just thought it would make things worse. It first struck me as strange N1, but on D2 Kary hated me and I was obviously less credible than Kary was so it would've just gotten me lynched probably. I've been pretty inactive too =/

No Lynch said:
Riddle, some elaboration.

1) Have you used your ability? On who? What did you gain?
2) If not, talk to me on possible targets and how this will benefit town.
I've been roleblocked ("nen-blocked" I guess) all game.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I just thought it would make things worse. It first struck me as strange N1, but on D2 Kary hated me and I was obviously less credible than Kary was so it would've just gotten me lynched probably. I've been pretty inactive too =/
k

I've been roleblocked ("nen-blocked" I guess) all game.
Is this "Nen-Blocked" think in your Role PM? Or did you get it after the game started?

Riddle

Smash Lord
My character (Chrollo Lucilfer) has the ability in HxH to steal other people's "Nen" (their powers essentially, kind of like Sylar in Heroes or something)

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Ryker, we need to talk. The more I think about it the more I feel that the head canon that has enveloped into this town game is wrong.

While I feel like 194 is very possible, I can't shake a feeling that Kary is possibly scum too. Me and Zen have been talking about it a lot actually, and the fact remains that we don't think that A 194/Riddle/(Joker) team makes any damn near sense. I haven't specifically looked at Riddle's recent posts, but I feel like it's just too easy.

Let me know what you think.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I really don't have any doubts about BSL if I'm going to spill more beans, He's obvious town and I absolutely love it, and Orbo is just 'there' for me, Zen has been holding onto his town-read before and Activity isn't a tell with Orbo either. Then it's really just down to Me/You/KevMo. I'm not going to consider KevMo if you want an honest answer, he can take the win at this point because I don't find it very believable. I know you had your concerns before, and I've had my own, but If I'm in a Lylo somehow and KevMo is still there, I will consider it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I really don't have any doubts about BSL if I'm going to spill more beans, He's obvious town and I absolutely love it
aww thanks! :D i'm so happy that i didn't screw up when i came back.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh, hello Mr. Rule 12:

Failure to send your night action will result in no night actions being performed.

Can anyone be compulsive? I assume if there were compulsive rules in this game, the rule would say "unless otherwise stated in your role PM..."

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Zen, when you read this. I'll be in the QT and I left a couple of posts. I'm gonna continue my Reread until then.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Riddle said:
Agreed that Kary is the third scum. What particularly strikes me as scummy as Kary's treatment of Vinyl Day 1. He fake shot/voted him several times and clearly disliked him and then randomly with no warning did a complete 180 and said he didn't see anything scummy about Vinyl's posts and didn't even realize that other's found him scummy.
This is specifically implying that Kary, as mafia, knew Vinyl. was the traitor. Either you didn't think this through or you're grasping at straws.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
does that count as a restriction?

and how does your steal ability work?
This in reference to exactly what Riddle responded, but Rajam actually making the buy phase mechanic an inhibitor to certain roles is just poor. I don't have any reason to not believe him because his Role claim sounds believable, but everything around it is poor.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Welcome back. Lay out to me all your reads, don't cookie cutter it
194 is scum, Kary would probably be my second scum pick (not for bussing obviously, but his 180 still makes no sense as a town move to me), Joker is probably town but also potentially indie (definitely not scum), Orboknown could be scum but is probably just a useless townie (much like myself >.>), No Lynch and BSL are definitely town, Kevin and Ryker are probably town, but I'm less convinced.

If you want me to elaborate on any specific reads, feel free to ask.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
All of them. I kind of slapped myself in the face after some hard discussion with Zen and I woke up and realized we don't really have much room for error.

Riddle

Smash Lord
All right. Do you mind if I do them like 3 at a time (you'd get more in-depth reads)? I'm busy with some college application stuff and so I don't want to just write a huge post all at once.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, we need to talk. The more I think about it the more I feel that the head canon that has enveloped into this town game is wrong.

While I feel like 194 is very possible, I can't shake a feeling that Kary is possibly scum too. Me and Zen have been talking about it a lot actually, and the fact remains that we don't think that A 194/Riddle/(Joker) team makes any damn near sense. I haven't specifically looked at Riddle's recent posts, but I feel like it's just too easy.

Let me know what you think.
I haven't had Riddle down as mafia, necessarily. I DO NOT have Joker as mafia. I really ****ing hate Riddle's entire reentry here which was doing it for me until he dropped that Vinyl disconnect.

I don't have anything either way with Orbo. I remember Day 1 where I put him in the "could go" pool and people thought I was insane. I don't even remember how that affected my read on him.

I've tried, very hard, not to be after Kary this game. I've been on it out of the gate and I see, over and over, him contributing and trying to get things to happen, it's just that it's never right and he's mostly at odds with what I want.

194 needs to die.

Joker needs to die.

Kevin needs to live, BSL needs to live.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Riddle, you are putting me above Ryker and KeviM on your Town List?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Why are Ryker and Kevin so low....?????

I'll wait for you to get to them in your elaborated reads to explain.

Top Bottom