• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HRP Presents: "N.Y.S.T 2!" 4.28.07 An NY EVENT!

What should I do

• $5 Venue fee all money goes to the pot

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • The manager takes 40% (Less money in the pot)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok N.Y.S.T was fun and people enjoyed it but there was only 9 entrants in singles. I feel as if Teams took to long and that we were cramped so I am changing that. The manager gave us more room out into the main area in the back so no squished people. If I can get at least 16 people I will do pools to determine who plays who in the bracket and keep holding tournaments. If I Round Robin this tournament, I stop holding them.

Date:
Saturday April 28th

Nanuet NY 10954

Start: 11:00
End: 12:30

Times:
Doubles Start: 1:00
Doubles End: 2:30
Singles Start: 3:30 (Hour Break or so)
Singles End: TBD

Entry Fee:
Singles: $15
Teams: $20 (Ten each player)

Pot Breakdown:
Singles: 65%/25%/10%
Teams: 70%/20%/10%

Doubles:
Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

General Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Jungle Japes, Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counterpicks.
CREW BATTLES!!
RULES:
The crew's top 5 players are starters and can be allowed up to 3 alternates. Each crew has 25 stock. Each crew has to write down their roster and their mains and must designate a starter. After the starters are exchange along with the rosters then the captain my send anyone else in after that. The crew battle matches are the same rules as singles. The losing crew has to give the winning crew a dollar with all of their members signing it. To have a crew battle captains must talk it over and must agree on the terms.
I NEED SET UPS!!!

So Far:
Bailey: 4 TVs, 1 Gamecube, 1 Smash Copy and 3-4 Power Strips
Chunk a Monk: 1 Gamecube and 1 Copy of Smash
ToyWiz: 3 Power Strips
Lean: 1 Gamecube and 1 Copy of Smash
Storms: 1 Gamecube and 1 Copy of Smash

TOTAL
Set ups: 4

I want at least 6-8 Set ups come on people bring em.

*NOTE* THE STORE IS IN A STRIP MALL WHEN ON ROUTE 59 LOOK FOR LEVITZ FURNITURE AND GO INTO THAT STRIP MALL. TOYWIZ IS A LITTLE FARTHER BACK I WILL TRY TO GET SIGNS UP OUTSIDE OF LEVITZ FOR IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE FINDING THE PLACE CALL THE STORE (845) 624-2224.

N64

Smash Champion
Will the venue be any bigger this time? The last one was a ton of fun, but we were kinda sardined in at the beginning.

SpicierMooMoo

Smash Cadet
nice bailey... i thought u were done with tournaments but good thing u still do them...

Also I think it would be better just to have only a singles tourny in march because I think more ppl would join singles than doubles.. and maybe making entrance 15$ instead of the usual 20$.
...and I agree with N64.. could we use the more of the room next time instead of using just that small enclosed area?

also does anyone live around the rockland area because no-one in my school or any of my friends are really good in smash..

if anyone has a smashfest in the rockland area.. let me know PLS

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea actually I asked the manager and he said that as long as we weren't spread across like 15 tables then we could go out into that main room so yea. Also I am prolly gonna lower the entry fee so if I just do singles for this tournament then I will def do a low teir also but I will add that later and remeber if we don't get at least 16 people this tournament is gonna be swiss only so tell your friends. ONE MORE THING WE NEED SET UPS. Last time there was a lot of TVs and like no Gamecubes so lets work on both this time since we will have have more room. Also anyone who has ideas that can imrove it tell me.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Why are you splitting the events to 2 separate dates? Last time there was a small enough turnout to fit both of them in no problem.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah, having the tournaments on separate days will probably yield less people than last time. I mean, if certain players are good in teams but mediocre in singles they might only enter doubles, but since this is only a singles tournament, they might not even show up.

I mean, if you're going to take teams of the schedule at least add like a low tier tournament or something along with singles.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea I am gonna say screw that idea to the manager I will edit the first post later this tournament will include both so now KF has to come.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
maybe, depends on track schedule, highly doubtful, sorry about last time, something personal came up, can't talk about it either

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, it was more than my birthday, i can't say it, something happened to a friend and he couldn't come

and yes, storms is back, i have learned, putting down the game really helps your skills, cause i was never able to pull an infinite with fox until now....kinda weird isn't it

but anyways, don't know track schedule yet, so can't say much, but i might go to a smaller one if you guys still have them

EDIT: bailey, i've had this avatar for like ever...wario's the man, i'm becoming the best wario ever in brawl, even if he does suck

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hey storms...bite me, but really don't, we all love you and welcome you back

if i can go, i'll bring one, don't keep your hopes up

now, my food awaits

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I'll pass both of you in liek 2 months, pwn't!

oh yeah an I really wanna make this, hope to team w/ Storms

ALSO VOTE FOR ME IN THE SWF AWARDS FOR BEST SIG, BE SURE TO SUBMIT AN CONFIRM THE VOTE

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yo, it's been like a year since i've last seen you...track owns my life

wth happened with your sig, the guy drinks something and it catches on fire in his mouth...is that even possible?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I'll prolly see you soon enough~

an evidently it is, hes rEEtarded

ALSO VOTE FOR ME IN THE SWF AWARDS FOR BEST SIG, BE SURE TO SUBMIT AN CONFIRM THE VOTE

mood4food77

Smash Hero
probably, if i do go i'll need a partner, try to bring up some of TNR to this thing if you can

hey, i taught a friend how to l'cancel, aren't you guys proud of me

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea dude some shots get lit on fire while you drink them mad rEEtarded to do though I wouldn't do the shot with the fire. ALSO SET UPS OR NO TOURNEY THAT SIMPLE

mood4food77

Smash Hero
bailey we still have a month

he lit the shot on fire...i missed that part, now i see what happened

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Word Ace, we definitely have to try to come to this. I hope Warrior Knight can drive us. By the way, this tournament is the day before my sister's birthday. Hopefully if I win some money, I can buy her a good present.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
random question, is warrior knight a ganon main???

just wondering....still have no idea, spring track schedule not up yet and i'm still not done with winter (one more meet...nationals) so, when i get the schedule, i'll tell you if i can or not, i learned last year, it's a really bad idea to go to a competition after a track meet

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yo if KF can come up then I know one of you won't have a teammate so to the random KF member without a partner let's team. Or can you guys bring HazZard with you guys so Team Turtle Neck Sweaters and Team Graphics Tees can rock the show. Anyone with any questions feel free to post them.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
random question, is warrior knight a ganon main???

just wondering....still have no idea, spring track schedule not up yet and i'm still not done with winter (one more meet...nationals) so, when i get the schedule, i'll tell you if i can or not, i learned last year, it's a really bad idea to go to a competition after a track meet
no he mains captain.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ok, just wondering...that only leaves rafa and phish-it ahead of me as best ganon mains in NY, must take them down

(sorry, plotting my evil plan :p)

nothing yet....sorry

Bailey

Smash Hero
Updated the first post with some helpful information about where this shizzi is located tell your friends people I need set ups here.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sorry guys, can't go, i have a track meet that day and i have to go to a sweet 16 after teh track meet, it's my sister's best friend, pretty much like a sister, so i cannot gomy track schedule sucks, meet on the 21 and a meet on my junior prom...the county meet on my junior prom really sucks...

Bailey

Smash Hero
sorry guys, can't go, i have a track meet that day and i have to go to a sweet 16 after teh track meet, it's my sister's best friend, pretty much like a sister, so i cannot gomy track schedule sucks, meet on the 21 and a meet on my junior prom...the county meet on my junior prom really sucks...
It is kewl dude it isn't the first time you backed out. It is the 7th but who is counting:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:. So I wonder why no one comes to these tournaments and they aren't so big. ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUES IF I DON'T BREAK 20 people in singles I AM DONE WITH TOURNAMENTS

Top Bottom