• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's your FG record/experience.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
Just wondering how everyone feels with For Glory... are the opponents too easy, too difficult or ok? Are you sick of seeing the same character combo and wishing too see something new?

PS: What's your FG record been lingering at? Mines too embarassing to say out loud (53.13% yeah I know I suck at smash)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Moving to Online Discussion

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Many are a bit too easy. I run into quite a few skilled players as well, but I have to wade through a few easy matches to get to them from time to time. Only thing I'm sick of is the immense overpopulation of Captain Falcon.

Mine is at something like 58%? It's skewed because of all the times I've intentionally SD'ed due to lag and went into matches with the intention of trolling around.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I use for glory a lot and in general it has an okay player base even though there are quite a few less than stellar players online but I've also had some great matches against good people too. I especially like it when I meet somebody around my skill level and we do a bunch of games and learn more about the matchups and character techniques.

I'm at around 1200 matches with 82% win rate so I think I'm doing okay. :p

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Overall, my experience is pretty good. Most of my opponents are pretty easy, but I'll find a good player every so often that puts up a decent match.

My main complaint would probably be the over representation of certain characters online, and the under representation of others. I see characters like Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus all the time, and I wish that some people would at least try out the lesser used characters like Olimar or Wii Fit Trainer.

My win record was 65% last time I checked, but that was a while ago. I'll check tomorrow and edit it then.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I use Captain Falcon and I think it's really funny to see people who use Falcon get destroyed by me... one of them said through nametags "Hacker!"
I do see a lot of Captain Falcons... but lately I've been seeing a lot of Yoshi and Pikachu. I know that Pikachu players like to use that grab into Thunder combos and Yoshi players (If my sources are right, but I don't believe them) are complete noobs to the game and use Yoshi as a way to just win cheaply (again I don't see it) and the same with Pikachu.
I am depressed to not see Dr. Mario or more Falco players, as they are very good and take some skill to play. I try to play Falco and he's still good but people use some of the cheapest strategies to spam and win, which kind of kills the game for me, as I always thought that For Glory was a place to play Smash with better players, not people who spam Link's arrows and boomerangs and roll competitively.

Solo Popo

Smash Cadet
I'm at 400 games, 60 percent win rate. My win rate for the past 80 games is 80 percent though, so I guess I'm slowly moving up in the world.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
A lot of easy to average players,mostly know what there doing but the occasional one that just runs around doing nothing and sd's,then there's the typical salty "usuck" type that try's to lame u out and leave after they beat you,finding a equally skilled or better player seems rare now but when I come across one,it's a blast.

Im around 1500 games right now and Currently sitting on a 90% win rate.

Smashin Smasher

Smash Rookie
I love for glory. I have fought 1000 battles with a 30% win rate. I know that I suck but I play to get better and not to win. I am always trying new strategys and risky spikes to keep the game fun. I switch mains every week to because my skill level with my main always stops getting better after about a week. Over all I have a good expierience.

Xanthous

Smash Cadet
I don't think For Glory or it's average player are that bad, but I rarely find someone that actually puts up a really good fight. I'm also kind of surprised since I rarely encounter Diddy in For Glory since he is so easy to abuse. Like everyone else, I mostly see Link, Little Mac and Captain Falcon. Smashladder is better if you want to test your skills, but I go For Glory when I want some quick, no hassle fights.

I've fought around 5800 battles with an 82% win rate so far.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I found a diddy in For Glory. He just used his down special to spam bananas to down throw up air. He was being an ass too, he started taunting and doing that t-bag motion...

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I found a diddy in For Glory. He just used his down special to spam bananas to down throw up air. He was being an *** too, he started taunting and doing that t-bag motion...
I goI think I figured out why I never see Diddy Kong on For Glory. My main has a reflector, so I guess most people just think that bananas would never work against me.

Ironically, I actually have a hard time dealing with bananas, so they are missing out on the "easy victory" against me.

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I goI think I figured out why I never see Diddy Kong on For Glory. My main has a reflector, so I guess most people just think that bananas would never work against me.

Ironically, I actually have a hard time dealing with bananas, so they are missing out on the "easy victory" against me.
Wow. Most Diddys I see are just me fighting annoying people.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Character variety has been rapidly diminishing. 4glor is going to reach its own 20XX soon as things are eventually refined to maybe the top 5 characters with a couple outliers. It gets boring fighting the same characters that people play exactly the same way over and over again.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
For Glory has had a lot of spammers lately, there's so many links who just spam their boomerang, bombs and arrows.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
My experience with for glory is random, sometimes I get players who dont know what they are doing, then I get players who are extremely good, yesterday I fought a guy name E.J I believe, I googled his name and he was on a ladder somewhere I believe, he played rob and shulk and many others, dude was extremely skilled.

as for my record, its at 69.78% I believe

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
For Glory actually made me main R.O.B.

I fought a guy who killed me at 90% with R.O.B.'s up throw... so I tested it in a practice world and I was pretty surprised how versatile R.O.B. is... and by how early he can kill.

For Glory helps you get your mains! (I know half of you don't get your mains from random people using characters)

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I have a 53% winrate on FG with over 1200+ games. I mess around a lot and only play my main from time to time in FG, trying to learn my secondaries. Sure if I only played mah Shulk I could improve it. ;)

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I just checked my win record, and it is at 67%. It should probably be closer to 70%, but I recently created a tag called "Mr.Cuddles" where I play nobody but Ganondorf and King Dedede, and I purposefully play like an idiot whenever I use that tag.

I don't regret that decision.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My overall experience playing For Glory has been great. It's a whole lotta fun playing against people with the same skill level as I am. Of course, there are those moments when I fight someone and they end up 2-stocking my ass. lol

And if I keep playing as Rosalina and Mega Man most of the time, I'll be able improve my skills with them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As far as my For Glory records is concerned, I'm not gonna bother with that since it serves no purpose to me whatsoever.

Poppy100

Smash Cadet
Probably beating a dead horse at this point, but like others said, most people on For Glory are unimpressive, but once in a while you fight someone shockingly good. It can get kind of stressful eventually, and there are too many Falcon players...to the point that I'm actually blocking some of them when its getting on my nerves. What are these alternate name things people are referring to? Is that only on the Wii U game? That is what its sounding like...

Win rate is 92.49%, 10780 battles played. (In 1 VS 1 fights) Lets just cover all bases, I DON'T FIGHT LOUSY PLAYERS MORE THAN TWICE, so don't anyone here suddenly try to convince me that I'm fighting weak players repeatedly (Which doesn't even make sense to begin with, I'D BE AWARE OF THAT! HOW WOULD I SERIOUSLY NOT REALIZE THAT I WAS DOING THAT?)

The players who say your win rate doesn't determine anything can eat **** and die. Same for people who say tripping ruined Brawl, just losers looking for excuses, (I'm THOROUGHLY convinced of this at this point) take this as an example, my circle pad often falls off once per intense fight, I'd say thats SORT OF comparable to Brawl's tripping, except that one, its not necessarily happening to my opponent, and two, they don't have a way to know it happened...but lets say for the sake of the argument I take one hit as a result of this happening, it doesn't stop me from winning the fight.

Just for the record, I didn't find any particularly good players on Smash Ladder, to the point where I actually lost interest in it, so I don't know what the hell people are talking about...maybe the good players who hang out there don't play the 3DS game? I couldn't get any good players attention on this site either. (I mean I doubt any good player would happen too see my tiny post in the friend code thread, its 300+ pages!)

Speaking of good players, I just played against someone a bit better than most players...I beat about him about 10-12 times in a row, then on the last match, which he won, he then left immediately...I don't know, what do other people do in such situations? (I DO see the irony in asking this) Should you leave before they get lucky?...I feel like I'm being duped when it happens if that makes any sense.

iDaire

Smash Cadet
NNID
iDaire
Went 18-63. Deleted all of my data just to clear the records.
Currently 0-5. My FG game is bad.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
Speaking of good players, I just played against someone a bit better than most players...I beat about him about 10-12 times in a row, then on the last match, which he won, he then left immediately...I don't know, what do other people do in such situations? (I DO see the irony in asking this) Should you leave before they get lucky?...I feel like I'm being duped when it happens if that makes any sense.
I fought a guy like that a couple days ago. He was Zelda and he kept spamming Zelda's up special, and it's really annoying how powerful Zelda is. I beat him most of the time, then on the last 4 matches he won them and he just left before calling me a loser on name plates. -.-

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Gameplay wise I guess it is ok. People spam a lot and it's hard to punish spam on WiFi, so it's really frustrating.

Nothing like beating someone several times then having them beat you as something like Little Mac, who is much harder to deal with on Omega stages with lag, who then taunts you and drops game like they're claiming you or something.

Lately it has been really annoying though. I'm pretty poor as a player, even though my winrate is 72% over 750 games.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ P Poppy100 , please calm down. You can express your opinion in a less antagonistic manner, y'know?

For Glory's hit 'n' miss for me. It's getting to the stage where I feel like I'm plateauing and need a more dynamic atmosphere to play in if I'm to improve anymore.

My w / l ratio is a tepid 63.02%.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Mine is 69% currently and has been for a while. However my last 100 win rate is appalling at 42% and its been tumbling for some time. It was consistently 85%+ for a while maybe first 500 or so games. But then I'm picky about who I play, if I drop into a game playing TIMMY with the tag Player 2, I don't even give them one match I just move on. That and I suck. And shouldn't play when im drunk. /Johns

:093:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I'm over 500 games in (I have a daughter, so I don't get to play too much), but I'm about 76% I think (I haven't updated my sig for a bit, so ignore that). So far I've not really had many problems at all. You get the odd garbage player who either doesn't know what they're doing or spams the same thing over and over. I've had a few laggy games but the majority are smooth as butter. The laggy games are usually caused by them though, as my connection is insane.

I don't sit there all day and try to get a perfect FG record, but it entertains me. I don't know why, but I like to try and see how well I can do. If it goes down, so what, GG, it's bound to as you get into more matches. If it goes up? Cool beans. I know it doesn't represent skill because the conditions aren't optimal to do so, and there are many things that contribute to a FG record, but it entertains me for an hour or so when I get the time to play.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
3DS I've been at 86 percent for a couple of months now. Right now it's at 86.50% with 3193 wins out of 3691 games. Most of my losses come from Japanese players.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I've found that Japanese players know more about the characters. During study hall in school, I found a japanese forums board, I translated it and found so many different strategies with every single character. They found how to chain grab with Shiek, the angles/positioning to chain throw R.O.B.'s top and if I'm not mistaken, they're the ones who found the Luigi's down throw to anything combo...

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
55% and 280 games, it could be way better but meh I like to switch characters, do fancy stuff and why not fooling around.

@ P Poppy100 impressive score, I won't bother to understand the other nonsense you said.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
2,000 wins
499 Losses.
80% win ratio.

Most of my loses now come from switching my main to Olimar. I use Olimar, R.O.B. and Greninja in that rotation. However, I went through a point where I lost like 20 straight grinding Olimar. I never thought I was going to learn the damn character.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
On a seperate note, does anyone here use For Glory to learn new characters or touch up on older ones? Is it just me?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On a seperate note, does anyone here use For Glory to learn new characters or touch up on older ones? Is it just me?
I only touch up on older ones, like Captain Falcon, but because of how constantly I see him online, I get pretty redundant to play as him especially since he became such an easy character to beat.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I only touch up on older ones, like Captain Falcon, but because of how constantly I see him online, I get pretty redundant to play as him especially since he became such an easy character to beat.
I too (as a Falcon main) hate playing him on FG since every person I fight tries to show me they're better at Captain Falcon by always trying to land the knee or spam falcon kicking or trying to land the falcon punch. What are they trying to prove that they can beat a guy who plays smash for fun? (Though I do want to get more competitive i gotta wait til i order my mayflash for my gc controllers to work -.-)

Last edited:

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
I picked up For Glory pretty early on, since there was no one-on-one in For Fun mode. My total win rate is around 50%, from my blunders when I was initially learning Robin. However, on any given day, it can go as high as 70%.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Combining 3DS and Wii U I have 5106 matches played with 73.58% win.
I dunno I think it's fun as hell. sometimes I'll commit to a character for a session and pull my own hair out as I immediately get matched with someone good.

but it's fun yeah, good mix of characters even if some days you feel like every one in the world plays Ness/Falcon/Diddy/Bowser/whatever the flavor of the month is

Top Bottom