• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would the following changes improve Yoshi?

I'm making a PC-version of Smash: it's been a patient endeavor. Anyway!

• The tongue-speed of Yoshi's neutral-B is given to his grab, while the grab becomes doable aerially.
  • The input for egg-laying is changed to pressing the grab-button while holding someone.
  • The epic second-jump is changed to his up-B, while multi-hitting spike-hitboxes are attached to his feet.
  • The egg-toss up-B is changed to neutral-B.
  • A happy/fun second-jump is given to replace the old one(?).
  • Shield only degrades when hit, and lasts thrice as long as others'.

Jes' wonderin'….

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
If you press B to egg lay while grabbing, how do you do an aerial egg lay? That would require grabbing with the zair.

Make sure yoshi has OoS options

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Forget all those changes. The only thing you have to do is make Yoshi jump out of shield. That's it.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Egg toss would work better as a side B I feel.
Jump OoS is really what we all want... its every Yoshis dream.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No keep egg toss as UpB.

And make Yoshi's tongue a tether.

If you press B to egg lay while grabbing, how do you do an aerial egg lay? That would require grabbing with the zair.

Make sure yoshi has OoS options
Aerial egg-lay?

grab aerially → press grab again

The B-button is never involved.

If OoS means "out of shield," then sure. Would a small wind on shield-cancel, to be thematic with an egg-burst, be okay?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: No.

It would not be okay.

We want OoS. And we want it now.

Thematic BS like that is what's stopping me from ****** people out of block in Melee/Brawl.

Sharky

Smash Master
and with uber64shieldstun, it doesn't even work very well in the original. =(

Keep second jump/up-b the way they are. Also, black/white skins, please. Thank ye, kindly.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
There are only three things that I want to change about Yoshi:

1. Give him OoS options besides spot-dodge.
2. Give him a tether recovery.
3. HAVE HIS EGG LAY ALSO EAT ITEMS. (You can make it so that it he creates a special egg out of it or regenerates health, too. <.<)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Have him spit fruit juice that stuns like ZSS's stun shot. Because it disentegrated things in Sunshine.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I guess a pathetic tether would be nice even though yoshi's ledgesnap is HUGE.

I'd like it if on rare occasion egg toss would be a bombomb type deal, Peach can pull out some unexpected wins thanks to that.

And of course OoS options would be lovely

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
yoshi just needs his attacks to be a bit faster and more powerful, and neeeds a broken dthrow that can combo into a laggless dair. i would be very hppy then
his side be sould also be able to float like peach but not as good, keep the regular jump tho
1 yoshi sould have the same grab range and speed as in super mario sunshine
2 that should be an option but he shuold also be able to throw ppl
explain ur 3rd point again
4 his 2nd jump is fine
5 when he put up or relases his shield it should stun and/or knoc em back slightly

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
I suppose Ill add to this pipe dream.

I want Yoshi's Melee Fair.

I want Light shielding put back into the game.

I never want people to randomly ground break my throws.

Jump out of shield is a given.

I want the melee egg aiming, with the height bonuses from brawl.

I want Yoshi's Neutral b to not give the enemy the 50% dmg reduction, or give them the jump when they come out of the egg.

I want the Egg roll to still be able to move in the air, and not take 93 frames to get out of if you accidentally go into it.

I want Yoshi's Dtilt to actually hit for the ENTIRE graphic of the tilt.

And last but not least, I want to see you pull this off without getting sued to **** for copyright infringement.

Good Luck!

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
1. Out-of shield options

2. SSB64's d-air

3. SSBM's f-air and d-smash

4. His tongue should be longer, which means it'll be used as a tether recovery and a z-air.

5. The color of his eggs and shield match the color of his skin. The red yoshi would have red-spotted eggs, the blue yoshi would have blue-spotted eggs, the yellow yoshi would have yellow-spotted eggs, etc.

6. His side-b should be his egg toss, and he would be able to aim his eggs similar to how R.O.B. can aim his laser.

7. His new up-b (egg launch or egg rocket) would allow him to launch himself upward while inside an egg, which is what happens when Yoshi eats one of those magic tulips in Yoshi's Story (N64). I guess it would be somewhat similar to Diddy's up-b, but it doesn't need to be charged at the beginning.

Pink Nightmare

Smash Rookie
-Egg Lay can eat items. If Yoshi eats a weapon, he lays it in an egg on his tail and can use it himself.
-More OoS options
-Lagless, stronger Down Aerial

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
-Keep the shield he has now, just let him jump out of it
-Lagless d-air

Top Bottom