• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will Marth place on the Brawl Tier List?

Shök

Smash Champion
I think that Marth will definitely place on the top tier or high tier. My tiers look like this (my opinion).

Top Tier:
Marth
Fox
Wolf
Sonic

High Tier:
Pit
Ike
Toon Link
Shiek
Falco
Meta Knight

Mid Tier:
Peach
CF
Snake
Lucario
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Luigi

Low Tier:
Link
Ice Climbers
Samus
Ness
R.O.B.
Lucas
Ganondorf
DK

Bottom Tier:
Wario
Kirby
Dedede
Bowser
Yoshi
Zelda
Pikmin & Olimar
Diddy Kong

Svkv

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry but seeing Olimar and Diddy last makes me lose all faith in your tier.

Ekimaster

Smash Cadet
I've heard that Zelda and Dedede are great.

And seriously, Kirby is REALLY great now.

You're stuck in melee, I can see that.

MSK

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry but seeing Olimar and Diddy last makes me lose all faith in your tier.
+1

Sonic high tier? LOL

DK over Dedede and his chain grab? lol

In all seriousness Marth is good, lost some combo ability due to the change in the game engine though. Tipper is a bit shorter. Otherwise most of his juice is still there though. His counter got a pretty large buff which is nice. I don't see him being any lower than upper-mid tier. Then again this game is WAY too new to have a definite tier listing. Its gonna vary as the metagame changes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Personally, I think he is going to be top tier when the official tier comes around, if not, then high tier. Why? He has great combo's, one of the best final smashes in the game, and he is also fast, but not as fast as melee.

and zelda worst? lol.

CloudGer

Smash Rookie
Marth will definitely be on the top tier along with fox etc.
He may not be as good as in melee (speed, his shorter sword), but he still owns.

JT_productions829

Smash Cadet
I definitely don't agree that diddy and olimar are the "worst" characters...I am also not so sure about sheik. Although I don't use her so much, I have heard that she has been nerfed a bit so that she probably woudn't be high tier. But I may be mistaken. I do agree, however, on most of the characters' placement on the list, especially with Marth. At least for now. One thing I would like to thank you for is placing Toon Link considerably higher than vanilla link. My friends think that they are exact "copies" of eachother and not much difference. It's hard to tell a couple of ignorant noobs that they are totally different.. lol. jk

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Okay, a bunch of things.

First and foremost, read my sig. There's a place for this (edit: here http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141725)

Marth will likely be high or top tier based on the early brawl metagame.

And your list is pretty off on a couple of characters. Fox and sonic are medicore at best. And olimar and diddy are considered by most pro players to at least be in the better half of the cast.

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
I think that Marth will definitely place on the top tier or high tier. My tiers look like this (my opinion).

Top Tier:
Marth
Fox
Wolf
Sonic

High Tier:
Pit
Ike
Toon Link
Shiek
Falco
Meta Knight

Mid Tier:
Peach
CF
Snake
Lucario
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Luigi

Low Tier:
Link
Ice Climbers
Samus
Ness
R.O.B.
Lucas
Ganondorf
DK

Bottom Tier:
Wario
Kirby
Dedede
Bowser
Yoshi
Zelda
Pikmin & Olimar
Diddy Kong

That tier list is messed up so much. Marth number one? He's not even top tier. And kirby in bottom? What the **** are you smoking :ohwell:

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Marth is top tier, his fair spam is too good, and his upB was buffed.

Olimar is very good, but his one glaring weakness is that he's easily edgehogged. Diddy Kong is mid/high tier thanks to his speed and power. Fox and Sonic are awful for now, until more of their tricks are discovered.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
honestly, Marth is not as good as everyone says. Dont get me wrong, he's still amazing. But he is more like the Shiek of this game. In melee, shiek was great, but was only in the high tier spot. I think the same applies for marth in brawl. Toon Link will probably be top tier and Marth will be at the top or the middle of high tier. BTW, Zelda bottom tier? Are you serious? She's really good now. I think she might be high or mid. And fox is not nearly as good as in melee with the loss of waveshine combos so he'll be bumped down to mid or maybe even low tier.

this is all speculation tho and we won't know anything until the first official tier list is made. Try looking at how fast Shiek moved from top tier on down in melee and tell me i'm wrong, lol.

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
Seeing Sheik and Fox still in high tier = fail
As well as seeing Zelda in Bottom Tier, Lucario only in mid-tier. In general, I see this tier list really messed up and inaccurate (sorry if this offends you).

Here's what I'm seeing at the moment.

Top Tier:
-Marth
-Ike
-Wolf
-Lucario
-Pit

High Tier:
-Metaknight
-Kirby
-Toon Link
-Zelda
-Samus
-R.O.B.
-Sonic
-Pokemon Trainer (if not for Squirtle)
-CF

Mid-Tier:
-Pikachu
-Falco
-Sheik
-Jiggs
-Zero Suit
-Link
-Lucas
-Ice Climbers (maybe High Tier since De-Synch is much easier imo)
-Wario
-G&W
-Mario
-Olimar (there is potential)
-Diddy Kong
-Dedede

Low Tier:
-Ness
-Fox (huge downgrade from Melee, so decision maybe biased)
-Ganondorf
-Luigi
-Peach (again huge downgrade)
-DK

Bottom Tier:
-Bowser
-Yoshi
-Snake

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
honestly, Marth is not as good as everyone says. Dont get me wrong, he's still amazing. But he is more like the Shiek of this game. In melee, shiek was great, but was only in the high tier spot. I think the same applies for marth in brawl. Toon Link will probably be top tier and Marth will be at the top or the middle of high tier. BTW, Zelda bottom tier? Are you serious? She's really good now. I think she might be high or mid. And fox is not nearly as good as in melee with the loss of waveshine combos so he'll be bumped down to mid or maybe even low tier.

this is all speculation tho and we won't know anything until the first official tier list is made. Try looking at how fast Shiek moved from top tier on down in melee and tell me i'm wrong, lol.

lol you're wrong. I don't give a **** what tier Sheik was in, she's still considered by many, including professional players, to be the best character in the game.

Anyways, I think Marth will be either high tier or top tier..One of the two.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion

Top Tier:
Marth
Fox
Wolf
Sonic

High Tier:
Pit
Ike
Toon Link
Shiek
Falco
Meta Knight

Mid Tier:
Peach
CF
Snake
Lucario
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Luigi

Low Tier:
Link
Ice Climbers
Samus
Ness
R.O.B.
Lucas
Ganondorf
DK

Bottom Tier:
Wario
Kirby
Dedede
Bowser
Yoshi
Zelda
Pikmin & Olimar
Diddy Kong
Based on the fact that I just played at the largest national Brawl tournament yet YESTERDAY-
(Referring to Final Round 11's Brawl tournament)

I'd revise your list like this:

Top Tier:
Toon Link
Wolf
Diddy Kong
Dedede

High Tier:
Marth
Pit
Meta Knight
Snake
Ike
Lucas
Shiek
Falco
Zero Suit Samus
R.O.B.
Fox
Kirby

Mid Tier:
Lucario
Peach
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Luigi
Ice Climbers
Wario
Pikachu

Low Tier:
Pikmin & Olimar
Mario
Link
Samus
Ness
Ganondorf

Bottom Tier:
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
DK
Bowser
Yoshi

All of these are placed according to order of my opinion of the list of characters based on what I've seen recently.

Marth is good, but not THAT good.
He's top of High tier at best.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Marth in the top. Of course, he'll also have competition with Meta Knight.

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman

Top Tier:
Marth
Fox
Wolf
Sonic

High Tier:
Pit
Ike
Toon Link
Shiek
Falco
Meta Knight

Mid Tier:
Peach
CF
Snake
Lucario
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Luigi

Low Tier:
Link
Ice Climbers
Samus
Ness
R.O.B.
Lucas
Ganondorf
DK

Bottom Tier:
Wario
Kirby
Dedede
Bowser
Yoshi
Zelda
Pikmin & Olimar
Diddy Kong
worst tier list ever made

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I'm seeing at the moment.

Top Tier:
-Marth
-Ike
-Wolf
-Lucario
-Pit

High Tier:
-Metaknight
-Kirby
-Toon Link
-Zelda
-Samus
-R.O.B.
-Sonic
-Pokemon Trainer (if not for Squirtle)
-CF

Mid-Tier:
-Pikachu
-Falco
-Sheik
-Jiggs
-Zero Suit
-Link
-Lucas
-Ice Climbers (maybe High Tier since De-Synch is much easier imo)
-Wario
-G&W
-Mario
-Olimar (there is potential)
-Diddy Kong
-Dedede

Low Tier:
-Ness
-Fox (huge downgrade from Melee, so decision maybe biased)
-Ganondorf
-Luigi
-Peach (again huge downgrade)
-DK

Bottom Tier:
-Bowser
-Yoshi
-Snake
I mostly agree with your tier... but
-I think Bowser is better in brawl than he was in melee, he should be low tier, or even mid tier.
-Fox should at least be middle tier. Yeah he's been nerfed but I find him ok.
-R.O.B should be lower. He's so predictible.
-Lucario, as much as I hate him, feels like a counter to metaknight.
-I would place toon link above kirby, toon link's moves own.
-CF above pokemon trainner at least.
-The mid tier seems a little unbalanced.

ramenfreak

Smash Rookie
Marth is definitely top or high tier, depending on how the game develops out. he does have the combo ability that he had in melee - this is evident in many videos, and (if you're any good with him) will show in your playing. only time will tell how fast players will adapt to his new timing and range, but Marth is undoubtedly top or high tier.

imo, TL, Wolf, Pit, Marth will probably be the new top tier.

OBanner

Smash Rookie
Fox should still be top tier but sonic should be lower, He used to be my main and he has really low priority attacks. Dedede also should be high b/c of his chain grab,Marth is top tier though, they buffed up his crappy moves in melee and made dancing swords alot faster and easier to use.

V

Smash Ace
i think its way too early for anybody to tell who is what tier but i think marth has great potential

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice

Top Tier:
Marth
Fox
Wolf
Sonic

High Tier:
Pit
Ike
Toon Link
Shiek
Falco
Meta Knight

Mid Tier:
Peach
CF
Snake
Lucario
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Luigi

Low Tier:
Link
Ice Climbers
Samus
Ness
R.O.B.
Lucas
Ganondorf
DK

Bottom Tier:
Wario
Kirby
Dedede
Bowser
Yoshi
Zelda
Pikmin & Olimar
Diddy Kong

Yeah, I don't think this tier list is very accurate.
1) Sonic shouldn't be up there.
2) Dedede, Kirby, Olimar, Zelda are great characters
3) We can't determine a good tier list yet. Brawl has been out for nearly 3 weeks, not enough time for people to get good at the game.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
The fact that Diddy and Olimar are at the bottom of your tier, and that you ranked Lucas and Ice Climbers as low tier proves that your tier list is based on your personal favorites more than accurate data.

However, from what I have seen at tournaments, Marth is currently THE BEST character in the game right now. There is room to change as people discover more tactics for other characters, but Marth will probably always be in top tier for Brawl.

Top Bottom