• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To's Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

zajohnson

Smash Rookie
I've been reading up on a couple of things, and I'm having troubles. How do you short hop with a char? I can't seem to do anything but a normal jump. Also, when being juggled with Lucario, or flying of stage. What's the best way back on the stage? Help appreciated!! Thanks!

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
I've been reading up on a couple of things, and I'm having troubles. How do you short hop with a char? I can't seem to do anything but a normal jump. Also, when being juggled with Lucario, or flying of stage. What's the best way back on the stage? Help appreciated!! Thanks!
just practice flicking the joystick up or lightly tap jump button your using.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
1) just quickly tap the jump button(X or Y) to short hop(or SH for short)
2) ima answer them separately, cuz they require different things.
a) when being juggled, there isn't really much that can stop your dair, but be prepared to airdodge, also
b) when recovering, airdodging+second jump is all you will need most of the time, but never forget your Up+B, thats quite basic but dont make it look bad by using it into the edge when someone is already there.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Welcome to the boards. Next time please ask this question in the "Ask a simple question, get a simple answer" thread.

A normal jump ihappens when you hold the jump button for a period of time. To short hop, tap the jump button fast instead of pressing it down.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Another way to SH is to slide across the x buttion. I forget the proper name for it though. :(

Welcome to the boards!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Q's sovled. However, another good way to get back on stage from a long hit is DI'ing.
Directional Input? Directional I-something... just call it DI

Basically with DI you will alter your (lucario's) movement in the air enough to keep from falling in a blast box aka being killed. This is done by holding the joysick and sometimes C-stick in a direction quazy-opposite to the way your traveling.

I cannot recall the specifics of which direction held when traveling said direction.
Hint hint, someone post 'em up.

Why DI is important? It lets you survive hits that would have originally killed you, which is good for lucario.
-t2

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
I think the best way to DI is pressing the joystick the opposite direction where you traveling and using Fair, for the sides though. if your going vertically up then use Dair and press down. I might bew rong though. but it works for me.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I think the best way to DI is pressing the joystick the opposite direction where you traveling and using Fair, for the sides though. if your going vertically up then use Dair and press down. I might bew rong though. but it works for me.
DI'ing down.

lol

it's all cool though...

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
DI is simply using your control stick to control where you fly/fall. If someone says "DI right", what it means is simply "hold your analog stick right".

You're actually supposed to DI perpendicular to the direction you are flying in. So if you're sent upward, DI to the side, and if you're sent sideways, DI up or sometimes down. The idea is that you aim yourself toward one of the corners of the screen, because these are the farthest blastzones. You can't actually reduce the the distance you fly when you're hit, but you can influence the direction. Hence, Directional Influence. DI-ing in the opposite direction in which you are flying does nothing.

SSK is right about the aerial, however. When you're sent flying, you want to use your fastest aerial (fair or dair) once while DIing in the appropriate direction. This is done because after the aerial is complete, you regain control of your character and you can influence your direction even further by jumping or fastfalling. Practice these things and you will live long enough to blaze their pants off with your Aura Spheres the size of Donkey Kong.

There's also Smash DI, which I might explain later if I feel like it. There are a lot of videos and threads made about this subject. You might also want to check those out if you still don't understand. I know it can be a hard subject to grasp.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Smash DI is using the control stick to influence direction.

you seem to be new to smash..... very VERY new. It's cool though welcome to the boards and enjoy your stay. If you dont understand what the guides say dont forget to ask questions in the Q and A thread.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Please use the appropriate Q&A thread for questions like these.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom