• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Pretty sure I can beat most Sheiks with Falcon with a few adjustments.
Sorry, when I said "you" I was speaking about all players in generalities (edit: namely those that don't already have a falcon), not you specifically. But m2k/Plup is the real test lol.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Sorry, when I said "you" I was speaking about all players in generalities (edit: namely those that don't already have a falcon), not you specifically. But m2k/Plup is the real test lol.
They are for sure but just saying when i tried falcon vs m2k at summit it felt very doable unlike playing with Ganon. I think at this point it comes down to my mental fortitude and how much i practice which is not enough at the moment. Its not exactly motivating playing players worse than you since 2 years ago so im trying to travel more to play the better players. I still feel like theyll have an edge over me as they play each other much more often than i do.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I think Falcon is a really hard secondary to use with Ganon at top level. It's already hard enough with Ganon. He really needs a secondary that will do work against Sheik and Fox. And it wouldn't hurt to be good on FD so you could always have either that or yoshi's as strong counterpick options.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think Falcon is a really hard secondary to use with Ganon at top level. It's already hard enough with Ganon. He really needs a secondary that will do work against Sheik and Fox. And it wouldn't hurt to be good on FD so you could always have either that or yoshi's as strong counterpick options.
They are also the 2 characters I fully enjoy playing. =)

Diosama

Stand User
= marth?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I think the best secondaries are:

1. Fox
2. Marth and Falco
3. Sheik
4. Puff
5. ICs

But yeah Marth would be sick because you could always take spacies to FD or use Ganon on Yoshi's. And if you play it right, the Sheik MU is slightly in Marth's favor as well.

The reason I have Puff and ICs lowest is because they are good Sheik counters, but they suck against Fox.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yo, sick combo video!
The only flaw in the video is the lack of RockCrock and Ace footage.
God bless the people that get multiple matches on stream lol, almost all my dope **** is offstream. I sent him one clip but everyone had more than that. Watch his old vid, I'm featured like 3-4 times, once playing the author and a few times rocking pseudoturtle's 666 tag.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process

hope you enjoy guys.
Sick stuff Coast!

Even though I only had 3 clips, I'm still pretty glad I got in there. I also found it kind of funny that you put down Katharsis as my victim, but actually the Fox I was beating up on was Brickman haha.

I probably should have edited out the good Falco clips that were in that hour and a half of footage cause I could have sworn that there were some good clips in there. Ah well, there will be a next time.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Sick stuff Coast!

Even though I only had 3 clips, I'm still pretty glad I got in there. I also found it kind of funny that you put down Katharsis as my victim, but actually the Fox I was beating up on was Brickman haha.

I probably should have edited out the good Falco clips that were in that hour and a half of footage cause I could have sworn that there were some good clips in there. Ah well, there will be a next time.
oh ****, woops.

yeah i wanted to include way more, especially ace, but going through 5 hour VODs at 4am is pretty tiresome and hard. dont worry, theres always next time :smirk:

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
God bless the people that get multiple matches on stream lol, almost all my dope **** is offstream. I sent him one clip but everyone had more than that. Watch his old vid, I'm featured like 3-4 times, once playing the author and a few times rocking pseudoturtle's 666 tag.
you just have to make it to WSF at your local every week ;)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
you just have to make it to WSF at your local every week ;)
Come on down and see what it's like to play spider_sense, zidane, Tipman, linguini, prof, elliot, mesa, porkchops, blea, stockholm syndrome, hungrypigeon, Shamunt, noghrilla, VGmasta, Orp, Relno, etc etc etc.... All people with Ganon experience. I invite you with open arms. Even if I attended sober making top 8 isn't super easy unless a bunch of people don't attend.

Just hope you don't run into me 2nd round :denzel:

Last edited:

Diosama

Stand User
Just saw Warcraft in theatres. The part where Durotan fights Gul'Dan reminded me of a Ganon ditto lol

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Here's a Ganon tech skill challenge for you guys:

Do a wavedash FF to the ledge, immediately ledge-stall one time, then RLD regrab ledge, then into a normal ledge-dash and ending in whatever move you feel like. Do all that while Ganon is in your peripheral vision. You can not look at Ganon directly.

I just tried doing this for like an hour and I couldn't pull it off because the timing and buttons that I press for ledge-stall, RLD, and ledge-dash are all different, which confuses my brain most of the time and it stall out and my fingers just mess up. It's like a tongue-twister but for your fingers.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Here's a Ganon tech skill challenge for you guys:

Do a wavedash FF to the ledge, immediately ledge-stall one time, then RLD regrab ledge, then into a normal ledge-dash and ending in whatever move you feel like. Do all that while Ganon is in your peripheral vision. You can not look at Ganon directly.

I just tried doing this for like an hour and I couldn't pull it off because the timing and buttons that I press for ledge-stall, RLD, and ledge-dash are all different, which confuses my brain most of the time and it stall out and my fingers just mess up. It's like a tongue-twister but for your fingers.
Oh yeah dude this kind of practice is what I do all the time. Once I get something down, I practice doing it mixed in with other things because otherwise, you only develop the muscle memory for doing it in a specific situation.

Currently doing something similar to this but with ledgehop uair regrab mixed in with wd ff to ledge, rld, and lh invincibility refresh.

Just tried your thing out and could do it the first try.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Come on down and see what it's like to play spider_sense, zidane, Tipman, linguini, prof, elliot, mesa, porkchops, blea, stockholm syndrome, hungrypigeon, Shamunt, noghrilla, VGmasta, Orp, Relno, etc etc etc.... All people with Ganon experience. I invite you with open arms. Even if I attended sober making top 8 isn't super easy unless a bunch of people don't attend.

Just hope you don't run into me 2nd round :denzel:
I watch both your events and tm's. You guys definitely have it harder overall with more good players in the bracket. But I think tm's events have a higher ceiling. Both Abu and KJH are better players than everyone on that list imo. But I don't think they're better against Ganon than porkchops, blea, and several of the other players there. It's hard to say to what extent just simply being the better player overall matters compared to being better at a specific matchup. I think over time, if tm keeps playing sets with Abu and KJH they will either start to catch up on the matchup or they will develop habits that work specifically against tm but not against a variety of Ganons.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Oh yeah dude this kind of practice is what I do all the time. Once I get something down, I practice doing it mixed in with other things because otherwise, you only develop the muscle memory for doing it in a specific situation.

Currently doing something similar to this but with ledgehop uair regrab mixed in with wd ff to ledge, rld, and lh invincibility refresh.

Just tried your thing out and could do it the first try.
Granted, you probably have a very similar way of ledge-stalling, RLDing, and ledge-dashing. It's funny when you are really good at doing some tech, and then something else that seems simple you can really struggle with.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Abu better than Blea? Yeeeeah, don't think so.
I think they're pretty close, but Abu has the edge. He has wins over both shroomed and Westballz in the past year. And their placings and other wins are pretty close. Abu, despite being known as a meme is kind of underrated

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think they're pretty close, but Abu has the edge. He has wins over both shroomed and Westballz in the past year. And their placings and other wins are pretty close. Abu, despite being known as a meme is kind of underrated
Abu gets a lot more opportunities to prove himself. I'm more impressed with Blea taking sets off druggedfox, gravy, and mike haze with luigi. But yeah they're close.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Granted, you probably have a very similar way of ledge-stalling, RLDing, and ledge-dashing. It's funny when you are really good at doing some tech, and then something else that seems simple you can really struggle with.
I RLD and ledgedash by flicking the control stick back first. And I refresh invincibility by going down. So kind of I guess.

But yeah i know what you mean. Some tech you get good at in certain practice situations because you make associations with the inputs and whatever way you're practicing them. So even if you can do something consistently in practice, you might not be able to do it consistently in a real game because you didn't practice it the right way.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Abu gets a lot more opportunities to prove himself. I'm more impressed with Blea taking sets off druggedfox, gravy, and mike haze with luigi. But yeah they're close.
I guess he does. But I think that matters a lot because it means he has more experience on a national level. But given those wins on a regional level without as much experience, I think blea has more potential, if the makes any sense. But currently, I would consider Abu the better player by a little bit. And that's nothing against blea, he just hasn't had as much experience yet.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
This is something I'd like to talk about.

I crouch cancel here 100% of the time for a few reasons. The first reason, which is evident in the clip, is that sometimes even though you technically have a few frames to shield, you get poked. Ripple called it a "shield flicker." Not sure what the technical term is, but to put it simply, your shield isn't fully up yet even though you had frame advantage, and you get hit with the move. Watch at half speed if you can't catch it.
There's two alternative explanations to what happened here. It's possible that tm tried to do something like spotdodge or released shield as the hitbox came out. Either that, or he did ADT shield and got hit during the shield downtime. When you transition from analog shield input to digital during shield start up, normal attack protection goes down for 2 frames. Projectiles will be blocked also during the downtime though.

Normally when you press shield fully down quickly, the shield comes up immediately in full size , even though the visible powershield sphere appears to be smaller than full shield in the beginning. You can reduce the amount of ADT shields happening by making sure you push the trigger down as fast as possible. This will never be 100% consistent though for the same reason dashing back out of wait isn't. You can also "trigger trick" one button down for full shields. That conveniently also helps with powershielding. Or you can also full shield without fully pressing the trigger. That way you can avoid unwanted powershield as a bonus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom