• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
So how did the other ganon's do? Ik that dudutsai made it out on winners so I assume PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle made it out on losers?

Also damn, I guess kage just shut all my doubts up lmao. That performance was legendary. Can't wait to see how he and the other ganons do in bracket.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You guys still abusing backwards fulljump NIL on BF? Make it your primary method of jumping to the platform and you'll soon see how insanely good it is. The instant drop and instant dash to shield drop are REALLY GOOD. Get used to the timing of instant drop through aerials, ff wavelands onstage, dj mixups (into wavelands, or edge cancels... oh girl), etc.

Imho, this shouldn't be used. It should be abused.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
tfw i do better in drunk money matches compared to bracket matches.

beat mdz 3-1 in a mm and nmw 2-1. he wanted the salty runback and so i lost 3-2 :(

made like 30 bucks tonight just off money matches haha

oh i got **** on in r2 poils but oh well.

Genericjoey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Logshot
3DS FC
4897-7020-3705
Hey guys, tag's Generic. I've been playing for around 7 months now and I was at TBH5 and roomed with pseudoturtle, eikelmann, and kage, and was told to start posting in this thread lol. Nice to meet you.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Going to re-learn the sheik matchup again. I lost to Prof last night and I felt like he just pressed buttons in the face derp style, but my biggest problem has always been edge guarding her, so any advice on that would help out a lot.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The regular stand-up is badass. Get extra ledge invincibility before she gets close to be sure, then time the stand up so that it will edgehog AND allow you to grab her if she lands right at the ledge. Much earlier timing is required when over 100%. It's really hard to ledgedash or ledgehop unless you have a good read on her going onstage, otherwise you give her ledge.

Last edited:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Going to re-learn the sheik matchup again. I lost to Prof last night and I felt like he just pressed buttons in the face derp style, but my biggest problem has always been edge guarding her, so any advice on that would help out a lot.
You and Ace lost to him? Thats nuts. I feel like sheik is the only match up Im decent at. Gotta take advantage of grab = 40-60 damage and know that once her second jump is gone if you reverse uair or even bair while being above her, her upb with bring her into the move and damage her. That up movement (from her upb) makes her vulnerable and she doesnt become invincible right before that poof. once you nail a few edge guards like this all you have to do then is run out when shes recovering and she will prematurely upb to avoid the uair/bair making you double jump edge hog look free af. Also at higher percents edge hoging her recovery to force her on stage lets you ledge hop runoff fair her.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I spank sheik edgeguarding, just gotta work on neutral. In this particular case, I would have sneaked by game 1 (only sheik game) had I not SD'd. Let's be honest I pretty much just got drunk last night since I didn't have to leave early for once, lol.

Top Bottom