• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also, again, I STRONGLY suggest people start experimenting with UP + SLIGHTLY AWAY DI vs falcon and tell me what you think.

To be clear, if captain falcon is on the left side of the stage, and you are on the right (45% damage) and falcon dashes and hits you with a late SHFFL'd uair.

You ASDI in the direction between :GCU: and:GCUR:, and hold it when you're being juggled.

I think this is superior to the popular down + away DI that many stick to vs falcon (which is still best in some situations), as it limits your options much less to be higher up when off stage.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What about down and away?
Best for grabs and combos in the center of the stage so you can tech earlier. It's also really good if it makes grabbing the ledge an option. If the nair/uair/whatever sends you offstage though, down + away sends you low enough that falcon can edgeguard you easier. Up and slightly away prevents combos like crazy, like just as good or better than down + away imo, so ppl should check it out.

In my experience this DI also lures falcon into going for the additional aerial, thinking you survival DI'd, and he just can't reach, which causes him to forfeit options.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
dude you gotta stop using fair to edgeguard. aside from that, i don't want to give too much advice because you say you were drunk and a lot of your mistakes could probably be associated with that lol.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
and don't drop the grab punishes. especially when you've got him at high percent. stay calm and uthrow that ****.

also side-b isn't as safe as a punish imo. asdi down destroys it. you gotta use it as a mixup punish more than a regular thing i think.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Question that's probably been answered before: If you shield DI properly, can you escape shine grab from spacies after they aerial?

tm

Smash Ace
DI away escapes any uthrow follow ups fyi, unless they're at mid % and it puts them onto a platform.

Question that's probably been answered before: If you shield DI properly, can you escape shine grab from spacies after they aerial?
Possibly, but grab has way more range than shine so even if it's possible it won't be reliable. Buffering jump / roll out of shield after the shine is your best bet.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Possibly, but grab has way more range than shine so even if it's possible it won't be reliable. Buffering jump / roll out of shield after the shine is your best bet.
in my experience, no.
I figured - I always underestimate how fast roll is. If the spacie does a nair or dair far enough away on your shield, does shine even connect?

Also @ tm tm , you going to Shuffle?

tm

Smash Ace
I figured - I always underestimate how fast roll is. If the spacie does a nair or dair far enough away on your shield, does shine even connect?

Also @ tm tm , you going to Shuffle?
What do you mean? Yes, they can space aerials on shield so that a follow up shine misses. They can aerial out of marth's grab range even.

And yep, going to shuffle.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I'd still like to see Kage vs bizz (sorry Spidey), but a dorf round robin would be spectacular.

@ Bizzarro Flame Bizzarro Flame we still have to money match!

... On second thought, if I go to evo, I'm taking all money matches
@ spider_sense spider_sense @Divinokage @WhateverEikelmannsTagIs
Sorry guys, I'm not "attending" EVO because I have to prepare for the California Bar Exam the weekend after.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So I decided to look into the timing that Ganon needs to do a dair on the fast fallers when they miss a tech in order for the dair to pop them back up. It turns out that there is a 4-frame window for this, as frames 22-25 of each FFers bounce animation from a missed tech will pop them back into the air.

The really cool thing about this is that if you time it so that you jump right as the opponent misses the tech, and then dair as soon as you get off the ground, your rising dair will hit them on the ground and still pop them back up.

This also covers tech in place as well. Tech in place lasts for 25 frames and the last 5 are vulnerable.

I even tested this on a jab > dair combo and it still covers both options even when you are moving.

TL;DR: Jump and dair immediately as soon as your opponent touches the ground and you'll cover tech in place and no tech and it will still pop them in the air.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i gotta vent. i ****ing hate reddit. whenever i try to go on to explain to people some things about ganon, i either get downvoted because people just don't want to hear that ganon can actually do things or someone comes in with a ridiculous proposition like "i believe kirby beats ganon". -.-

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Don't care about what people who are ignorant think. There's so many people out there that think they know this game when they really don't. It's best to just not waste your time with people like that and just keep working on improving yourself or helping others.

Coastward

Smash Lord
man, i feel so lost right now. i've been playing like dirt for the past 2 weeks and i feel stuck. i really dont know if im getting worse or people are getting better.

i actually have no clue on how to improve my play. feels like ****. maybe if i go back to taking hardcore notes again?

any advice would help, really feeling bummed right now but the slump will go away in time.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Too many commentators act like Ganondorf is utterly useless, or that he can just be simply zoned/outspaced/out-whatevered and that's that. Whereas you never see Kirby, or any other ****ty low-tier because they get exploited to another level.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Double post, but necessary. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2zNhzqGfk&feature=youtu.be

I'm getting consistent with it too. Could be legit- the moonwalk is mainly just for flash purposes. @ Bizzarro Flame Bizzarro Flame what's with the quotes on "attending?" That's a shame you won't be able to make it, but good luck on the bar!
This is seriously so hype. Harder than any tech on any Ganon video ever made. I still have never got the BF RLD plat dash, not once. Haven't tried in a month but I'm like 0/100. I always called it the holy grail of Ganon techs when about 3 years ago I realized I could wL off the ground and dj wL on platform. Badasddsssddddd

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Not the moonwalk fair lol, I just mean the RLD to platform wL. You can shield drop uair, bair, sh into anything, etc. No one is really expecting it in today's meta... It's literally never been done.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Double post, but necessary. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2zNhzqGfk&feature=youtu.be

I'm getting consistent with it too. Could be legit- the moonwalk is mainly just for flash purposes. @ Bizzarro Flame Bizzarro Flame what's with the quotes on "attending?" That's a shame you won't be able to make it, but good luck on the bar!
Nice, I'm gonna have to learn this one. I usually do the ledge cancel and instant jump into a waveland the platform, but this seems so much easier the set up.

Top Bottom