• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
You can cg falcon until he DIs behind you. I've never done this because I suck at chain grabs, but I know it works.

Maybe this can set up for a nice DI trap? cg cg cg cg DI behind and then ftilt while his DI is that way? That'd be nice from a ledge hop grab. I'm gonna try it out next time I play a falcon.

Linguini

Smash Master
You actually can cg falcon if he doesn't di or di's infront of you. You can di trap falcons by techchasing if they di behind and even jab or ftilt at mid percents. It's similar to the grab game with spacies which is highly dependent on jab tech chasing and regrab shenanigans. Jab to dash attack is pretty ****ing amazing against falcon too LOL I spam it

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
You actually can cg falcon if he doesn't di or di's infront of you. You can di trap falcons by techchasing if they di behind and even jab or ftilt at mid percents. It's similar to the grab game with spacies which is highly dependent on jab tech chasing and regrab shenanigans. Jab to dash attack is pretty ****ing amazing against falcon too LOL I spam it
Ahem

Lol but yea ok this confirms that its legit as a DI trap.

Ganon falcon is the best matchup in the entire game. So much punishment on both ends.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
@ Ace I am just making a point that no way in hell are you going to get chaingrabs all day on falcon. Of course he can tech chase, (though some people don't think he can) those were just specific grabs for situations. I can never type exactly what i want to say. I give up

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Also i live in hidden lake the SAME EXACT apartment as hungrybox, i'm sub-leasing from him for the summer. If you know where it is.

I discovered that angle'd ftilt hits upper platforms. Makes me wonder how good this is against shield though on platforms ignoring dropping from shield.

Renth

Smash Hero
I discovered that angle'd ftilt hits upper platforms. Makes me wonder how good this is against shield though on platforms ignoring dropping from shield.
upper platforms? like top of yoshi's? BF? DL? nono. It'll hit the "lower" platforms for sure, I do that as a combo starter some times if someone is on a platform above me on yoshi's up air usually follows it really nicely. You can hit the upper platforms from the lower ones.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So what are the ways to follow up with up-throw on Fox, Falco, and Falcon? I feel like I could be using up-throw more than down throw, I just don't know how to apply it.

Also, my friend said that he saw a Ganon video where the Ganon did like an up-throw at 0% that lead into a whole bunch of reads and eventually taking the stock. The way he described it sounded like something Linguini did, but I'm not too sure. He told me that if he got 0-deathed by a ganon that started with a grab, he'd be demoralized.

Last edited:

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
I just go up throw up air at the beginning of the match, and then up throw bair if they try to read the up air next time. Doesn't work at low percents though.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
If they dont tech roll i think dtilt (not ftilt dwn angle) can do stuff sometimes, high percenta up air works, maybe regrab? Ask the pros if that works all the time, probably wont do a thing at low percents except for tech chase grab. Up b can be janky but it can work at certai percents. Dash attack could be a good follow up, or even a smash (most likely d smash)? There are more things you can do for sure just get a feel for it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
only NY tourney im confirmed for is zenith

all of you should go too. ganon invasion pls.
Ok mr. anime.

loki vs mango (falcon)
http://youtu.be/FRPmxLr14w8

loki held it down first match!
All that Falcon practice I gave him payed off a little.. =P Wow he got wrecked last game.. Mango read his habits A LOT better.

As for Falcon being CG by Ganon, you can definitely chain grabs but it needs to be a mix of Uthrow and downthrow at mid %. The way it works is predicting if they are DIing behind or in front.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
You are misreading.

IF YOU SIDE B someone's shield. immediately down smash cause most people try to grab.

You can do a lot of stuff with down smash. Regrab, aerial punish, and my favorite that i haven't gotten recorded yet is.

Down smash, turn around down smash, turn around down smash combo. <-- yes it's a thing.
I'm too derp to understand this. Can't people just SDI/DI/ASDI out of Dsmash on the first hit?

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
so i tried out the side b to down smash today

WORKS LIKE A ****ING CHARM, i think i got it off 3 times. ganon boards is where the knowledge is at.

i found out that auto cancel nair is pretty decent if you put it to good use.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
yup, down-smash after side-b works pretty well. I can beat falco pretty easily if he doesn't laser a lot, but i get shut down by lasers still. Besides powershielding, I know I can try to avoid them, shield them, or just take the minor hit stun on the ground and try to jab right after, but are there better ways to handle lasers?

Superspright

Smash Lord
He is, but you just gotta believe! Nah, I lied. PM Ganondorf is really bad though compared to the rest of the cast. He's balanced, but some are just flat-out overpowered.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Ganondorf can be used in a way that is so creative that he can win. I really believe that. He does have glaring flaws, but if you simply try to prod those holes he can cover them. He's just insanely hard to win with, but it's very rewarding to do it. Most other characters have tools to 0-death you, but the pilot has to invent a path to that kill that is much harder to transmute because they have to fool their opponent the entire time. It's ironic given that he's the king of thieves that you have to be so utterly tricky to get anything out of him. His mileage varies on how well people know his shenanigans, and how well they react and cover to them and bait them I feel.

Top Bottom