• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
combo extender on floaties
Superspright is BACK! Sup?

To add to what he said, yeah it extends combos on medium floaties and fastfallers alike, and even in situations where you can't truly combo, using nair (first hit into immediate fastfall so you can aerial again in time) instead of uair or any stronger aerial can allow you to continue to pressure them when other aerials put them too fair away for you to pressure but not fat enough to create an edgeguard opportunity. For instance, in a combo situation (like after a stomp) you could give someone ledge for free by uair'ing them, but if you nair'd instead, you could hit him or force an airdodge before he takes ledge. Reverse nair works too on fastfallers and medium floaties like Marth (low%), and serves as a DI trap, as you use nair to force them to tech on a platform. So, in some instances, you can get stomp+nair+fair(or uair) instead of just stomp+fair. The reverse nair kills their good anti-combo DI and guarantees the techchase when they start getting used to the regular nair hitbox. Kage does this to Zhu at smash summit in the highlights. Also check this out for standard yet awesome nair combos...

https://youtu.be/ORueALHUjTQ

And here's reverse nair

https://youtu.be/2EVF82jbgGU?t=9m20s

Last edited:

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
Also, second hit nair can be a kill move around the same time bair passes fair in power. Obviously, don't overuse it, but use the body hitbox and it's easy to get reverse hits with. Great DI trap, just don't overuse it.

Welcome back, SS

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I guess I am trash because I co main sheik and marth :/
Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but try busting your ass off with a character that everyone thinks is already bad in today's meta. Do extremely well in your region, then have a random player beat you when he's been at the game for 2-3 years, just solely because his player out performs yours. Doesn't matter how you try to sugar coat it. If a player loses based solely on the "character" hard counter there's a definite problem. ****ed up thing is. Prof literally picked sheik just to beat me. Why? Ask him yourself (even though Joe already gave you the answer) I'll admit I'm going through some sort of mental runt atm. So I'm taking a break as of right now, I'll come back into the game when I'm feeling myself again.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
http://challonge.com/TGL3MeleePro Hey you might not remember because you get drunk a lot but we played at tgl
You're nogrilla? You're ****ing lying bro, I accidentally forfeited after losing to hero of time. I thought I had lost since I dropped a set in pools, didn't know they put everyone in winners. LMAO

I've seriously never met someone that completely lied about a match. Too funny

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but try busting your *** off with a character that everyone thinks is already bad in today's meta. Do extremely well in your region, then have a random player beat you when he's been at the game for 2-3 years, just solely because his player out performs yours. Doesn't matter how you try to sugar coat it. If a player loses based solely on the "character" hard counter there's a definite problem. ****ed up thing is. Prof literally picked sheik just to beat me. Why? Ask him yourself (even though Joe already gave you the answer) I'll admit I'm going through some sort of mental runt atm. So I'm taking a break as of right now, I'll come back into the game when I'm feeling myself again.
OH **** THIS IS ABOUT PROF? LMAO GAREN IS SO LAMEEEEE

speaking of mentality, i broke through a barrier and played extremely well today. got 2nd at my local. some guy from SC was here, apparently hes ranked 3rd on their PR.

i also now have more sympathy for the marth matchup, that **** is brutal when you have to play one that gets every punish.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
You're nogrilla? You're ****ing lying bro, I accidentally forfeited after losing to hero of time. I thought I had lost since I dropped a set in pools, didn't know they put everyone in winners. LMAO

I've seriously never met someone that completely lied about a match. Too funny
We legit played --__-- you were stumbling came in with clay word for word said I am really wasted you are gonna have to help me out with the bans and lost track of where we were in set 3 times you are a cool dude I am not lying about playing you, you were legit gone I said this as well

spider_sense

Smash Champion
OH **** THIS IS ABOUT PROF? LMAO GAREN IS SO LAMEEEEE

speaking of mentality, i broke through a barrier and played extremely well today. got 2nd at my local. some guy from SC was here, apparently hes ranked 3rd on their PR.

i also now have more sympathy for the marth matchup, that **** is brutal when you have to play one that gets every punish.
It honestly has nothing to do with Prof. I lost to Tian at EVO (who chops said I should do very well against) ending up losing, because he spammed sh fair in my face and when I rolled I got grabbed and if I jumped I got f-tilted. I then played Forward (expected a Falco, but because he knew how good I was at the mu. He picked sheik and didn't even give his undivided attention towards the match and still won. It's infuriatingly frustrating. You don't have to sympathize with me, it doesn't matter at this point. I'm picking a character that ***** sheik, so Icey's are looking enticing atm.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but try busting your *** off with a character that everyone thinks is already bad in today's meta. Do extremely well in your region, then have a random player beat you when he's been at the game for 2-3 years, just solely because his player out performs yours. Doesn't matter how you try to sugar coat it. If a player loses based solely on the "character" hard counter there's a definite problem. ****ed up thing is. Prof literally picked sheik just to beat me. Why? Ask him yourself (even though Joe already gave you the answer) I'll admit I'm going through some sort of mental runt atm. So I'm taking a break as of right now, I'll come back into the game when I'm feeling myself again.
I actually have only been playing melee for about a year, tgl in feb was my first melee bracket but I totally understand your hatred of sheik hell I hate her too if she didnt exist I would play dk in this game like i have been in pm for 2 years

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
DiZZ DiZZ I'm super sorry if I'm coming across like an *******. I just need some time away from the game.
Its aight dude thats why I am playing melee to take a break from ****ty pm with stupid ****ing characters in that game I understand the feeling 100%

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Its aight dude thats why I am playing melee to take a break from ****ty pm with stupid ****ing characters in that game I understand the feeling 100%
Don't worry. I still feel like I can crush you with my Ganon. I'll be back with a better mentality and a better understanding of the game/mu.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
We legit played --__-- you were stumbling came in with clay word for word said I am really wasted you are gonna have to help me out with the bans and lost track of where we were in set 3 times you are a cool dude I am not lying about playing you, you were legit gone I said this as well
I don't believe you LOL. I didn't play anyone after hero of time. How would I forget being 4 stocked by someone I don't know? Not ringing any bells lol. But good **** on bragging to people about beating me.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe you LOL. I didn't play anyone after hero of time. How would I forget being 4 stocked by someone I don't know? Not ringing any bells lol. But good **** on bragging to people about beating me.
Thats the thing I didnt lol I said I played a guy named ace buff guy got mega drunk and left lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I guess yvngflamehoe just made that up then?

And I guess I blacked out for 10 minutes of that tourney and remember everything else. That's never happened to me before. I've never denied losing to anyone either, ever.

Also, I don't "get drunk a lot". I've been playing smash a long time and I don't burn anymore so I drink decently at the 1-2 tourneys per month I attend to keep the game interesting.

Last edited:

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
I guess yvngflamehoe just made that up then?

And I guess I blacked out for 10 minutes of that tourney and remember everything else. That's never happened to me before. I've never denied losing to anyone, ever.
I legit swear we played you even talked to me and jose (jfyst) right after our set because he was our next round opponent

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
So I've been working on my DD more after I figured out my RLD problem. And now I have a new problem- I keep sticky walking, entirely unintentionally. I can't do it if I try, or moonwalk anymore, but I can get it consistently while trying to DD.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
It honestly has nothing to do with Prof. I lost to Tian at EVO (who chops said I should do very well against) ending up losing, because he spammed sh fair in my face and when I rolled I got grabbed and if I jumped I got f-tilted. I then played Forward (expected a Falco, but because he knew how good I was at the mu. He picked sheik and didn't even give his undivided attention towards the match and still won. It's infuriatingly frustrating. You don't have to sympathize with me, it doesn't matter at this point. I'm picking a character that ***** sheik, so Icey's are looking enticing atm.
I have to face tian in my region. He actually secondaries Ganon to deal with the ICs, so he knows how to play against him to an extent. Plus he has kage xp. He's one of the main reasons I'm trying to pick up puff or something.

Also gl with your break. I'd be pretty pissed too

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So I've been working on my DD more after I figured out my RLD problem. And now I have a new problem- I keep sticky walking, entirely unintentionally. I can't do it if I try, or moonwalk anymore, but I can get it consistently while trying to DD.
You're holding the stick too low, barely missing the true neutral position. If you pass through neutral you'll dd every time.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Yo guys I got some more footage I'd like some advice on. Make sure you view in full screen because the quality is **** and I accidentally uploaded in vertical view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDYOK82VTSg

Me vs. Mafia, a lower end top 100 Peach. He's like top 5 in NE overall and top 2 in MA. I got 2-0'd. I only have game 1 recorded, which was a JV 2. Second game was a 2 stock on FoD.

Lemme know what you guys think. Mafia said I needed to dash dance and use tipman as an edgeguard more. I like tipman, but I feel as if Peach can often just challenge it when she's in FC because the reverse hitbox comes out later. So that's why I bair more even though I realize landing a tipman is more optimal. I'm more comfortable with it when she's in up-b. Maybe I'm just ****ty at timing it, idk.

I also keep messing up DI on the dsmash when she's edgeguarding me. I either don't do it in time or I hold it too late and get sent back offstage with more percent.

On the positive side, I get some decent edgeguards and neutral plays overall. Tournament winner is sick for edgeguarding Peach.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'll watch it soon. One thing not many people do is hit peach in between the initial hitbox (where she holds out the unopened parasol) and when she actually opens it (so disjointed). Hard to take advantage of when she's sweetspotting, but if not it's an easy stomp or other aerial.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
If she floats or goes at a mid height or lower I try to grab ledge at a strategic moment and abuse invincibility. If she commits too hard to sweetspot you can just eikeldrop and control your trjectory to hit her with invincibility. Buffer tech just in case it hits. At farther lower angles, RLD uair works sometimes. And even if she goes high I sometimes grab ledge just to surprise her with tournament winner. Unfortunately, mafia did not recover low enough at times where I could pull that stuff off anti sweetspot stuff off. But I have used that tech on other peaches with lots of success. They just aren't used to being edgeguarded lol.

Coastward

Smash Lord
yeah you werent moving around enough to actually do anything in that match. you just kept getting hit by everything in hopes to trade with a jab or some ****. just dash away on her float in and bair or pivot ftilt.

also, go for more grabs, ****s free. dont shield grab tho.

ForTheLulz

Smash Apprentice
I almost beat my decent falco friend today, but I choked and got combo'd and edgeguarded last stock :(

Probably need to implement CC on lasers and I'll be able to beat him.

Edit: I also got 7 wall techs that session. I'm getting better at that.

Last edited:

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Wall techs are so sick to land.

Also, Dash attack in on peach's float usually wrecks her if she is trying to play around at head heighth.

I was screwing around on battlefield and found that it's 100% NIL on the lower plats if you hold back slightly from a full hop under them. Probably something everyone knows but it's a step in helping my mobility because i love camping below platforms and dropping airs from NIL.

Top Bottom