• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bwmat

Smash Ace
is there a vid online of bizzarro/druggedfox yet?

Lost to a falco twice today. Went to last game in losers finals though, I'll post a vid later since I think I was playing pretty well, want to hear your guy's opinions on what I could have done better.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
My bird of 19 years just passed away. I'm one sad Ganon. :( He would sit on my shoulder and watch me tech practice. I'll hold a small funeral service for anyone who wants to pay any final respects.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
My bird of 19 years just passed away. I'm one sad Ganon. :( He would sit on my shoulder and watch me tech practice. I'll hold a small funeral service for anyone who wants to pay any final respects.
Damn. Luckily he/she lived a long life. Call you later about what we doin

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
That sucks, my ~15yo cat was put to sleep a couple of months ago, so I can somewhat relate

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Sorry to hear about that Jason.

On an unrelated note, what is everyone's plan who is going to Big House 5 for housing? If there's gonna be a "Ganon Room" where I can crash, then I definitely want in.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Wow Plup can have his bad days, woulda done better with Samus LOL. Good **** for almost taking a game bizz. Ian (ocasionally) is his only practice since he switched mains.

Coastward

Smash Lord
@Bizzarro Flame stop fairing so much zzzzz

you played the exact same way you against druggedfox; dropped edgeguards and WAY TOO MANY fairs. instances where you did fair, you could've easily started a chaingrab up if you chose to grab instead.

you had some good baits though, just gotta mix it up a bit more. definitely coulda beaten him.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Another thing I've been messing with lately is edge cancelled aerial (on plat) to ff wL, or ff NIL grab. I think edge cancels are still underused.

Someone with 20XX:

I'm very curious on the frame window for this: if you bair a shielding opponent as late as possible, auto cancel after fastfalling, and 1-frame pivot grab, how close is it to being legit?

Bwmat

Smash Ace
On a related note, platform drop ff bair turnaround jab - It's probably not actually a thing(counter the shield grab) , but I think it's really close.

Edit - I mention the platform drop because I'm not sure if you get an auto cancel in that situation (battlefield lower platform specifically)

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Another thing I've been messing with lately is edge cancelled aerial (on plat) to ff wL, or ff NIL grab. I think edge cancels are still underused.

Someone with 20XX:

I'm very curious on the frame window for this: if you bair a shielding opponent as late as possible, auto cancel after fastfalling, and 1-frame pivot grab, how close is it to being legit?
They are, i was experimenting with those in PM yesterday and you can get some really interesting setups. But I could not explain how those mixups work.. lol. It just requires some fine understanding on your moves and stun time basically.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Amount of times I been to Vs: 2

Amount you been there when I was there : 0
@ -ACE- -ACE- wants me to be badd forever-_-
LOL my cover is blown. I've been withholding the secret to Ganon winning nationals for years.

For now PM me if you have questions about anything. I know you're itching to learn the ditto.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
LOL my cover is blown. I've been withholding the secret to Ganon winning nationals for years.

For now PM me if you have questions about anything. I know you're itching to learn the ditto.
Idc about the ditto, I wanna play good ganon's so I can get better with Ganon, and hopefully be on PR

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Idc about the ditto, I wanna play good ganon's so I can get better with Ganon, and hopefully be on PR
Well the ditto kind of matters when there are 4 Ganons here that have the matchup down. SFL is unique in that regard.

Try actually messaging me on here when you go up there, you know I'll see it lol. There wasn't a tournament yesterday and the main reason I go up there is to get matches recorded.

tm

Smash Ace
You know, @Bizzarro Flame sure does make the Sheik matchup look tolerable. Until he gets sent off stage that is. God stage control is so important in that matchup.
He does amazing considering that he almost never grabs and misses a bunch of edgeguards lol.

Someone with 20XX:

Tested it just for you. I got 12 frames from the end of shield stun and the grabbox coming out, assuming they shield the initial hitbox and don't even get pushed out of grab range. It's actually closer (10 frames) if your hit box comes out on the frame before you land and you l-cancel it. Ganon's mediocre fastfall and 5 frame landing hurt him in these situations. I might have been off by 1 frame on either test but it should give you the info you need

Still a good mixup with jab (would be 8 frames and 6 frames, respecitvely)

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
One thing I think most (there are exceptions of course) people need to become good is consistent access to players that are better than them outside of tournament and exposure to all the important matchups so you can practice what you study in real time. You could also just rely on playing better players and matchups in tournament only, but you'll learn faster if you sit down with the right players for hours.

Playing with worse players can still and should make you better. But you have to be really careful not to develop bad habits. You also have to think to yourself constantly, "would this have worked on a better player?"

Having a good Ganon main to play against will get you better at the Ganon ditto certainly. But who the **** cares about being good at that matchup? And what are they going to tell you (about other matchups/fundamentals) that you can't already learn here or from watching videos?

Top Bottom