• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
You sly dog, changing the substantive nature of your post through an edit in a sneaky manner. You don't know anything about Bizzarro Fame. I would rather be under the radar than to have your exorbitantly insignificant title.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You sly dog, changing the substantive nature of your post through an edit in a sneaky manner. You don't know anything about Bizzarro Fame. I would rather be under the radar than to have your exorbitantly insignificant title.
Bizarro Fame and then you say under the radar. What a crappy ****talk. After I chilled with the SF guys for a while, smash ****talk is lame and unbearable.. omg.. It's either downtalk or BS. Freaking kids need to learn how to do this. And also scrubs trying to make it into their business when it was in between me and the other player.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This is ****talk? Have you not noticed the humor in most of my posts? Learn reading comprehension, oh wait I forgot that you are an ESL.
An ESL, what's that? And no I did not notice anything nor do I want to.

Hey, maybe I should nitpick every single loss you had too, oh man that'll be fun!

You claimed I lost because you gave them XP? I think that's BS, I just played like ****.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Sorry to rain on your parades, but every loss either of you has ever had was because your opponent played against me and that's the best experience for which anyone could ever ask.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I heard my n!gga bizzaro putting in work! betta watch out kage

soft ass ganon.

P.S bizarro can get it to. $20 mm? (I can't go 100 cuz I need to save up for this apartment lol) life johns.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
An ESL, what's that? And no I did not notice anything nor do I want to.

Hey, maybe I should nitpick every single loss you had too, oh man that'll be fun!

You claimed I lost because you gave them XP? I think that's BS, I just played like ****.
It's like you want to digress to another topic but you know that I will call you out for it. And the use of your word "too" implies that I nitpicked every single loss you had. Can you think more than usual before you type? And no, your statement does not count as a slight over-exaggeration.

It's true we have our good days and bad days, but the proportion of causation regarding winning or losing to a specific person is lopsided towards character match up experience rather than how well the person plays. Btw, playing like **** is a horrible john. It is your fault for playing like **** and no one else's. You may not be in control due to exigent circumstances, but you can at least mitigate it. And I doubt that playing like **** would affect the actual outcome of your match because of your extensive tournament experience Kage. Especially by now, you should have reduced your margin of potential so even if you play like ****, you are still close to playing your best.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It happens, leave it at that. My tournament experience is not relevant to how I play in a match, my style is like a dark horse.. in one match Im able to beat anybody but another I can lose to a much lower skilled player.. but that doesnt happen that often thank god.. Sometimes in one match I get caught playing terrible... thats the nature of the spacies matchup.. it has nothing to do with matchup experience, its just the way the matchup is played.

Since mid 2011, I havent played actively as I used to so yes when i play like ****.. i play terrible. My potential is the same as it always been.

But I will win those MMs.

You can call out whatever you want, but ill continue to be a hardass since you arent calling me out for the right reasons. Its just ****ing lame.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well he says I won't win because of Ganon xp.. but already that's complete BS because why would I MM in the first place when there's no chances for me to win? I believe I can do it so thats where it will end. I dont go into a match thinking Im going to get owned, wtf is that? lol. The ****talk should remain in between me and the player.

If someone else comes in and tells me im going to fail then thats just douchebaggery which is exactly why im being like this atm.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Hardass? As Mango would say: LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What's wrong with saying you're gonna get ***** by Wes? I am calling you out for the right reasons actually. Let's see: (1) Hype for your MM against Wes & (2) Set-up and Hype for our MM. Done!!! I believe the ends justify the means.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hardass? As Mango would say: LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What's wrong with saying you're gonna get ***** by Wes? I am calling you out for the right reasons actually. Let's see: (1) Hype for your MM against Wes & (2) Set-up and Hype for our MM. Done!!! I believe the ends justify the means.
Mango is my homie, dont bring him into this.

No one will be ready at EVO, you'll see. =)

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Taunt spike both of them, blea.

In other news, I do well against falcon. I lose to all falcos. That is what I have learned from the tournament I was at yesterday. I think I'm just gonna give up on that matchup and switch to the climbers for that one.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I need tips vs. fox. How do I fight him? Should I approach more/less? Grounded vs. areal style? Where do platforms come into play? And how to escape that annoying shield pressure... Oh and how to shield grab like linguini

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well since im at work let me start by saying.. do not do Fair --> Jab on his shield.

Jab on shield can be punished by the following depending on distance: "Fox Usmash, shine, dair, Nair and grab." before you have time to recover from the move as fast as it is.

You really have to be godlike in your movement vs Fox but at the same time you have to make a prison around him so he cant move around as much. You have to keep threatening him with attacks that come from your line of sight with moves.

How to deal with his shield pressure.. well.. Id say dont be in that position in the first place because you cant do anything safely OOS, avoid that position at all costs. If Fox is able to get in on you, you have to ask why he was able to, the matchup revolves heavily on you to shut his approach down as much as possible. I would never approach, Id be at a range where hes able to attack but not too close either, not too far as well because of lasers.

Ill write more later.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Thanks kage. But if I can't jab his shield what do I do lol. Side b? Grab? Buffer roll away?

And not getting in that position is easier said than done. If I whiff an attack or something, I usually panic and put up my shield- still trying to break that habit.

yea man when you get off work help a brotha out lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya the only reason why Fair to Jab worked all the time before is because people were spamming jumps as soon as Ganon hits them out of knee-jerk reaction of being scared to get hit again. lol. I mean it still can work but to be used very rarely, you have to call an action in between Fair and Jab which doesnt happen anymore really.

How come you are concerned in hitting his shield? Hit him! None of your moves can be used for pressure. On video, I know it looks like im trying to go for some shield pressure but its not like that. It just so happens that Fox did not perform an action so he had to shield. If you catch him like that after a bair or fair.. Id normally wait a little bit at least to see whats he wants to do... you can never go out there on stage and hoping a move will hit. Like Bair, auto-canceled with a pivot.

Id definitely normally approach from the ground and try as much as possible to keep a good space between me and Fox, jab and ftilt can stuff SH nairs and jumps very good from up close. When Fox decides to do Full hop or DJ mix ups, this is where your uair comes in. Also the classic back jump Fair, that always works when you are precise lol. Though I dont have a clear definition when I would use Bair in this matchup.. I guess its more or less a quicker counter-attack or if you arent facing Fox then you can use it.

You could Fair to grab.. but its risky and easily punished OOS. Generally its pretty good to do Fair --> Dash away in order to keep your space and continue to properly counter-attack Fox. I like to do DD into Bair from that position because if he did attack then he'll get hit for sure by that.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
So what you're saying is that everything you do is based on a prediction of what he is gonna do? Yikes. Lol. This matchup is getting ****tier and ****tier by the minute.

and yea I love retreating fairs in this matchup. Especially off the ledge.

about approaches... Do you even approach? Linguini rarely does, but I've noticed you occasionally will. I do too much I think, and how should I? I know you like to kinda creep up on fox.

Top Bottom