Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
I'll save you some time with this
Meh tripple edit:
for the sake of pursuing uses of up b cancel.... here's a list of every way i can think of that you can use up b cancel and hopefully we can get into a discussion of good ways to use this and who knows.... maybe we'll find something viable
1. Raw up b cancel - not worth it too much lag afterwards
2. Dash into up b cancel - there are better options
3. Dash dance into up b cancel - there are better options
4. Wavedash into up b cancel - there are better options
5. up b cancel out of shield - probably the best time to use it
6. up b cancel after tech - there are better options
7. up b cancel after landing from a jump or just being in the air in general - there are better options
8. up b cancel onto a platform - if you mean to get them onto a platform then yes, it's a great setup to tech chase them afterwards
9. Waveland into up cancel - it's not bad actually but there are better options
Everything from here on out is just strings of different moves that include the above.
10. Full hop pill into waveland (placebo effect) into up b cancel - there are WAY better options
11. ledge wavedash into up b cancel - this has come in handy actually if you can pull it off
12. Shbawd into up b cancel - if anyone can do this in battle you get a gold star in my book
13. (you ready for this one? this one is some super crazy *** move that I doubt anyone would expect but still might be COMPLETELY useless, risky, and stupid) defensive/offensive short hop into forward/backwards cape into up b cancel/waveland into up b cancel. Ya.... you just read that. - I loled
14. Jab into up b cancel (now that I think about it this might take to long to actually work but who knows) - it's a good mix up tbh
15. L-canceled aerial into up b cancel - actually a pretty good mix up and looks soooooo sick
16 L-canceled aerial into jab into up b cancel - there's no point in jabbing if you're going to up+b cancel afterwards
17. Tech chase into up b cancel - there are better options
Keep in mind I'm not saying these are viable uses I'm just trying to be creative
Tbh i feel like for pretty much all of these grabbing or just normal attacks would be better... again the only use i see for these are some crazy desperate mix up.
The only thing i see going for up b cancel, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, is that up b has pretty good priority. - it's alright priority wise
Also, there needs to be a consistent way into comboing with up b cancel., I haven't figured it out myself but I'm sure the older players have figured something out. - after using it in battle a lot I've learned that if they DI it straight up or towards you, you can combo after it. Especially if it's against a fastfaller
I've thought of this too, but I realize if they're going to DI your d.smash they'll DI it up. Which is the correct way to DI an up+b cancel so they won't get f.aired...or comboed at all for that matter.but wait, you up+b cancel all of a sudden their survival DI is turned against them and instead lets you combo a kobe.
Ah ok.... well in the worst case scenario of actually landing an up+b cancel is that you kill momentum and you get some room to move around... and maybe a platform tech chase which could lead to a kill. Again... there's so many different things you can do in this game.... I don't see up+b cancel becoming bread and butter but I can see its usesI've thought of this too, but I realize if they're going to DI your d.smash they'll DI it up. Which is the correct way to DI an up+b cancel so they won't get f.aired...or comboed at all for that matter.
Honestly... don't worry about frame data... just try to find the timing...Question: If the first frame is the Up+B, is it Frame 2 we cancel on, or 2-4? Does it have to be the exact opposite direction?
Ugh I'm jealous. I try to practice Up-B cancel but I can never seem to get it...After watching this video, I have gotten pretty close to perfecting the move against a standing enemy in training mode in about 30-45 minutes. Such a great video I had to make an account just to let ya know haha. Now I'm off to practice against a CPU for a couple days lol. Thanks for the help man.
Kewl thanks for the advice. I'll try harder tomorrow.Just follow the video and keep trying.... you'll figure out the trick eventually... I find it easier to do it out of a dash and then from there you can build it into your muscle memory and you'll soon be able to up b cancel anytime you want
True, but you could tell that it definitely got to the other plater's head which contributed to the killNot to say that the up b cancel wasn't useful there or anything but tbh that doc made some pretty poor decisions there. I wouldn't say he got the kill because of the up b cancel.
Honestly... You'll rarely ever get the chance to use it... maybe in spacies match up if you time it right but even then it doesn't really give that much of a set up unless they're gonna land on a platform above you... and no i don't use it too taunt... i press up for that XD... and wavedash related tech skill.... kind of like the spacies but with docEver since I saw this thread I've been practicing up+b canceling at the end of my practice sessions. I can't wait to try this in game. So much style. Does anyone else use this as a taunt?
Not really. I personally do them slightly less consistently facing right, but that's mostly because I practiced them more facing left.Is it weird I can do this pretty consistently facing right, but I havent been able to do it one to the left?