• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to take down lucario

harry touchdown

Smash Rookie
so what do you guys think?whats ur best tactic when dealing with the aura pokemon lucario?what character do you use? what attacks cause the most trouble for this fighter?

harry touchdown

Smash Rookie
I think you should try to kill him quickly without getting his damage too high in order to avoid powerful aura attacks.if his damage is high keep close and give him no room to prepare aura sphere and keep an eye out for force palm.I personaly would use toon link beecause of superoir agility and use down smash and bombs to build damage to around 70% and then finish it in midair or with side smash

hough123

Smash Ace
Please don't double post, you could of said this in one post easily =\

This is the Lucario board, which means that we find ways to WIN as Lucario, not lose as him. TL is not Lucario's toughest match-up, it's actually even to advantageous. TL does not have "Superior Agility" compared to Lucario, they're pretty much tied. TL's Dsmash is his worst smash IIRC, it can't kill, doesn't do much damage, and he really shouldn't be that close anyway. Lucario ABSOLUTELY WILL NEVER die at 70%, especially to TL. TL's side smash is also pitiful at killing, as it is slow, and takes two, (DIable), hits. TL CAN kill in midair with Fair, but you's need to be at least 110% to even consider it.

Enough about TL and your misconceptions about him, I'll move on to Lucario.

The universal strategy against Lucario is simply "Kill him before his uber aura kicks in." Even when this is done, Lucario's can come back with the very aura that you tried to prevent because of natural aura buffs when losing. Lucario's worst character is DDD, read our match-up thread if you'd like to know why.

I hate to sound mean, but it's hard not to when you're dealing with spam. If you'd like to learn how to beat Lucario as your character, please check your character's boards. They can help you quite a bit more than we ever could. =D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
TL is tough, but he is by no stretch our "hardest" matchup.
Since you're new, I'd suggest reviewing some of the "rules" that appear on the upper part of the screen, it'll help you get flamed much less (like on the double posting).
Also, you could ask lucarios how his metagame can be defeated hough, it's all about lucario's metagame, so in knowing how much of your limitations go, you can also hide them more easily...
Honestly, pick someone who beats him in certain aspects, I'd prolly pick ones with good or decent air control (D3, marth, MK, etc.), or people with strong ground control too (especially ones that can deal with close up pressure) and can deal with AS with either mobility or outcamping. Also get someone with a good, reliable kill arsenal so you can get rid of rising aura multiplier, lucario is a more balanced character, which means you will often have to find a really strong strength and capitalize on it, lucario is not an easy opponent, but he often has a hard time completely wiping the floor with anyone either.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
D3, Snake, Olimar. While they necessarily murder lucario, he has truoble beating them. also please never make threads like this.. inexperience gets people flamed on ANY board.

harry touchdown

Smash Rookie
thanks for your opinions and hints guys,ive learned my lesson,though i think its important to learn your characters weaknesses and how ur opponent will attack,thats what i was thinking when i posted this.sorry for double posting,im obviously new:L
ps the only reason i picked toon link is because i think hes fun to use.if it was a tournament or something id use maybe ganondorf or meta knight.forgive my lack of experience,hopefully ill learn the ways of the smash given time...

hough123

Smash Ace
thanks for your opinions and hints guys,ive learned my lesson,though i think its important to learn your characters weaknesses and how ur opponent will attack,thats what i was thinking when i posted this.sorry for double posting,im obviously new:L
ps the only reason i picked toon link is because i think hes fun to use.if it was a tournament or something id use maybe ganondorf or meta knight.forgive my lack of experience,hopefully ill learn the ways of the smash given time...
It's fine, we've all started out like you so we all underdstand :)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
If you have a strong air game use it vs lucario. Lucario hates getting juggled in the air other than diar he cant stop if easily if you stay close and space it right.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
for the love of god, dont use ganondorf.

that is all.

harry touchdown

Smash Rookie
I didnt think ddd would be so good against lucario but after looking at some threads i now i have developed an irriversable fear of hammer wielding penguins that can swallow most anything.....get the strange feeling ganondorf isnt a good choice.last time i take advice from my younger brother....******...id sooner commit suicide then use captain falcon..i know hes more or less the same as ganondorf but on the other hand.....hes a bit gay...

harry touchdown

Smash Rookie
if gay people are manly then lesbians must be really feminine by that logic....
the only person gayer then captain falco is yoshi,but hes still cooler then captain falco on account of being more open about it..

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Did i just see someone say Captain Falcon is gay?
and then compare yoshi to Falcon?
I dont know what you kids have been drinking, but its something in the water.
-t2

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Guys we should just let this thread die. All that is being discussed is Captain Falcon being gay and that really has nothing to do with Lucario.:ohwell:

Top Bottom