• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Smash EP2: The Official Smash Central YouTube Thread

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial

Most Recent Upload:

How To's
-This series will feature a variety of "how to" mini-guides. Feel free to request topics/techniques you're having trouble with.

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Tqh9MN57X94_rS_kNWvVtAN5kysab_L

Top 5's
-Countdowns are awesome, but instead of deciding who has the best combo, this series looks to see who has the best AND worst anything and everything!

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Tqh9MN57X-z6U4f_oULix7sWW3RxD0p

How To Smash!
-This is a guide that focusses on the core fundamentals of Smash as a series as opposed to advanced techniques in individual games.

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Tqh9MN57X-dLX2HFjUXtWCjZLtLwUwS

Custom Corner
-Like playing with Custom Moves? This series will break down each characters custom moves and determine the best moveset overall.

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Tqh9MN57X-0qnPW9c3AQh8EPNJgrPEt

If you have any suggestions, questions, constructive criticism, etc., this is the perfect place for it. I hope you enjoy what the channel has to offer and the many videos to come!

YouTube Users
-This is a list of fellow SWF/YouTube users to make it easier to recognize others in the videos' comments section.
SpaceJell0 - ChuckTheHeracross
Vegito2727 - Vegito2627/Vegito2727
Blaziken77 - Blaziken1337
StaffofSmashing - Mrjohno44
8-peacock-8 - Alonzo Tompkins
Hong - Hong Game
BaPr - BaPr
Lotusclaw8 - UltraCyrus
Grizby2 - Grizby2
God Robert's Cousin - God Robert's Cousin
TheBakonBitz - TheBakonBitz
DaDavid - DasDavid
Chris Sifniotis - JarreDroid
FunkyKapu615 - kapukapu61

Happy Smashing!

Last edited:

SmashCentralOfficial

I think a good idea is to add a members section! So we know who's who :)
That is a great idea so that you know who's who in the comments. Just post your YouTube usernames and ill add them to the OP.
Oh i'm one of your first subscribers. lol (Found the channel a while back)
Oh cool! What's your YouTube username? I know Spacejell0 is ChuckTheHeracross haha.

Blaziken77

Smash Rookie
YouTube: Blaziken1337

I can't believe my question was chosen.
I'd say Sonic, and Pac-man, and maybe Geno, Shadow or Tails, and Lloyd Irving.

SmashCentralOfficial

YouTube: Blaziken1337

I can't believe my question was chosen.
I'd say Sonic, and Pac-man, and maybe Geno, Shadow or Tails, and Lloyd Irving.
Geno is a personal 3rd party hopeful of mine, too.

Welcome to Smash World Forums! Awesome profile picture, might I add.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I've just suscribed. I don't want to reveal my real name though, so I'm just the dude with a Conker picture that asked a question.

Blaziken77

Smash Rookie
I was your 300th Sub! YouTube name: Mrjohno44

Anyway, I think Lucario is returning. Mega Lucario is here, and I think a D-Special would be swapping between the forms
I was thinking about that earlier.

It'd be nice, but I personally doubt it. Mega Mewtwo was the first reveal, and probably the only one around complete-ish when the roster was being chosen. And Mewtwo is more loved by fans then Lucario. Still, you never know...

Blaziken77

Smash Rookie
Before I forget, something caught my eye in the X-Bomb picture. Link is holding something. His shield is on his back. It appears to be his Clawshot. Going through Villager and sticking out of his foot. Nothing surprising really, but I don't think his Clawshot was confirmed to return yet.
Also, I just noticed Mega Man's Crash Bomber on the other side of the stage. It doesn't seem to be affected by gravity, and has unlimited range also, I'm guessing.
daily3.jpg

SmashCentralOfficial

I was your 300th Sub! YouTube name: Mrjohno44
Oh wow aha thanks! I'll add you to the first post.
I've just suscribed. I don't want to reveal my real name though, so I'm just the dude with a Conker picture that asked a question.
Your real name isn't necessary, just your YouTube username...unless they are one in the same. I was going to search through the comments for your YouTube username but if you do not want me to post it I won't.

Also, I just noticed Mega Man's Crash Bomber on the other side of the stage. It doesn't seem to be affected by gravity, and has unlimited range also, I'm guessing.
Good catch! It definitely looks like it shoots perfectly straight until it's off camera, similar to Falco and Fox's lasers in Melee.

SmashCentralOfficial

You should probably make a video telling people about the new stage and to NOT freak out about Ridley.
Done and done. First post updated!

No offence if you or anyone else is guilty of this, but it's really frustrating/annoying when people comment on the channel/videos the morning a new screenshot is released going "DID YOU SEE THE NEW SCREENSHOT?!". Every time something like a stage or character is revealed this happens, and I just want to reply "Yes, I also have access to smashbros.com. Thank you very much." to every single one of them, but oh well.

Hong

The Strongest
I've gone and watched all your videos. Some things that I feel need attention:

While's old news now, the voice actor of popular requested newcomer, Chrom, was interviewed back in July. He commented on how Nintendo has not approached him for voice work yet. Of course, generally voice localization is one of the last things that will occur (I would guess about six months before release) for something like a fighter, since doing voice work for something they are not sure about would be the worst idea ever. Case in point: When Wii Fit Trainer's trailer was unveiled, her Japanese Wii Fit Plus VA can be heard with brand new voice work in the Japanese trailer, while the NA trailer uses voice lines directly ripped out of Wii Fit Plus for NA, as she has not yet received new voice work.

Also, it is possible Villager's forward smash is the bowling ball, and the Gyroid could be his forward special ability if it's not a stage entrance. I say this because thus far, we haven't seen it being used while airborne. In the Nintendo Direct demo, we see that the Villager would clearly have enough jump height to have the time to drop a bowling ball at its peak. I bring this up because, in the demonstration, he instead opted to climb onto the platform to drop it on DK. With that, I assume the boxing gloves are the jab as initially speculated. Of course it is just that; speculation. You could be right.

If you were curious, I reside on the Hong Game account on YouTube. :)

SmashCentralOfficial

I've gone and watched all your videos. Some things that I feel need attention:

While's old news now, the voice actor of popular requested newcomer, Chrom, was interviewed back in July. He commented on how Nintendo has not approached him for voice work yet. Of course, generally voice localization is one of the last things that will occur (I would guess about six months before release) for something like a fighter, since doing voice work for something they are not sure about would be the worst idea ever. Case in point: When Wii Fit Trainer's trailer was unveiled, her Japanese Wii Fit Plus VA can be heard with brand new voice work in the Japanese trailer, while the NA trailer uses voice lines directly ripped out of Wii Fit Plus for NA, as she has not yet received new voice work.

Also, it is possible Villager's forward smash is the bowling ball, and the Gyroid could be his forward special ability if it's not a stage entrance. I say this because thus far, we haven't seen it being used while airborne. In the Nintendo Direct demo, we see that the Villager would clearly have enough jump height to have the time to drop a bowling ball at its peak. I bring this up because, in the demonstration, he instead opted to climb onto the platform to drop it on DK. With that, I assume the boxing gloves are the jab as initially speculated. Of course it is just that; speculation. You could be right.

If you were curious, I reside on the Hong Game account on YouTube. :)
Thanks for all the insight! The bit about Chrom WFT's voice actors are extremely interesting. As for Villager, you could very well be right. The moveset video was made before the "flying gyroid" screenshot was revealed (I'm pretty sure), so I didn't consider it at the time and had to fill in the blanks as I saw fit. I definitely think it could be his side-special, making the bowling ball his fsmash.
Your videos are pretty good, not a big fan of the bg music though :awesome:
Thanks! To be honest, most of the time I'm not either. I just need music that I can use without running into any legal issues, so I get all the songs from freeplaymusic.

Blaziken77

Smash Rookie
The level of detail in the new Metroid stage is quite impressive.

You forgot the 7th weekly rundown in the video list, btw.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
To change Ridley from a boss to a hazard is sort of an insult to him.
You're going the wrong way, Sakurai. Don't do it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What if SmashCentralOfficial did like a "Weekly Showdown" where viewers of this thread would vote on the best screenshot of the week, then once the polls are over SmashCentral would make the winning snapshot part of the Weekly Rundowns or make it a separate video?

Hong

The Strongest
^~^' I don't think those ideas work quite yet. It is a rather small pool of people so the results won't be that interesting.

I think if he wanted new kinds of content, perhaps he can consider assessing character possibilities. Now I know what you are thinking. Whenever people do that, it gets a bit absurd. But I think if he sticks to popular character requests, shares some articles worth speculation, and ends it there without actually making a statement on their chances, it can be well received. It is important to keep perspective neutral, but presentation exciting. That way you won't get bombarded with anger like GamesRader when they shared their character ideas.

That said, I don't think any of this is necessary. Smash Central has an adequate content coverage. Short, sweet and meaningful.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
These vids are amazing. Subscribed to it.

SmashCentralOfficial

What if SmashCentralOfficial did like a "Weekly Showdown" where viewers of this thread would vote on the best screenshot of the week, then once the polls are over SmashCentral would make the winning snapshot part of the Weekly Rundowns or make it a separate video?
It would be very hard to make a video on ONE screenshot. This thread also is very inactive, but it is still very new as well. Perhaps as the weeks go on, we can create some sort of SWF involvement, similar to how YouTube Users are involved with the Final Smash Question.

Make a trivia and the winner gets a free Wii U and a copy of Smash Bros 4
Maybe I'll just give a few copies away, and you won't even have to answer a skill testing question!

I think if he wanted new kinds of content, perhaps he can consider assessing character possibilities. Now I know what you are thinking. Whenever people do that, it gets a bit absurd. But I think if he sticks to popular character requests, shares some articles worth speculation, and ends it there without actually making a statement on their chances, it can be well received. It is important to keep perspective neutral, but presentation exciting. That way you won't get bombarded with anger like GamesRader when they shared their character ideas.

That said, I don't think any of this is necessary. Smash Central has an adequate content coverage. Short, sweet and meaningful.
I'm very glad you mention this. A few viewers have asked me to do my own roster/prediction video, but that is a VERY sensitive topic in more than one way.

The videos deliver unbiased information and I put a lot of effort into maintaining that standard. You might have noticed, but I never use first-person pronouns like "I" or "My", and if I'm not talking about the game I'm talking about You, the viewer. As soon as I start saying "I think/feel that..." or "My opinion is...", the whole attitude of the channel changes.

The other sensitive issue is that regardless of who does or does not make it onto my "roster prediction", people are going to be upset. There's no question.

So to be honest, I guess I'm still undecided as to whether or not I would make my own roster video. I would want a LOT of viewer input on their choices and the logical reasoning behind them so that I could make the most educated (not sure if that's the word I'm looking for) list possible.

These vids are amazing. Subscribed to it.
Thank you very much! If you want, I'll add your YouTube Username to the first post!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
That would be great! The name is BaPr, just like this one.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
There is one problem with these vids. YOU AREN'T MAKING ENOUGH! When I finished watching all the vids so far, it sucked, cause I really enjoyed watching these. Oh well, I can't wait till the next one.

SmashCentralOfficial

There is one problem with these vids. YOU AREN'T MAKING ENOUGH! When I finished watching all the vids so far, it sucked, cause I really enjoyed watching these. Oh well, I can't wait till the next one.
Haha I get that a lot. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to get used to the wait, as September is approaching fast and I too am going back to school (college).

Although I know you're probably just kidding around, it would be overkill if I uploaded more often than I already do. I post a minimum of 2 videos a week (Mon + Fri), occasionally three. If I were to produce more than that, it would be extremely hard to constantly think of more ideas, let alone have any free time for myself.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Haha I get that a lot. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to get used to the wait, as September is approaching fast and I too am going back to school (college).

Although I know you're probably just kidding around, it would be overkill if I uploaded more often than I already do. I post a minimum of 2 videos a week (Mon + Fri), occasionally three. If I were to produce more than that, it would be extremely hard to constantly think of more ideas, let alone have any free time for myself.
That's true. How you are doing things are fine. It gives you enough ideas, and free time, so I guess I can be patient. Great stuff, dude.

SmashCentralOfficial

That's true. How you are doing things are fine. It gives you enough ideas, and free time, so I guess I can be patient. Great stuff, dude.
Well then thank you very much for being so appreciative and patient!

Episode 8 of the Weekly Rundown is now LIVE! What do you think of the new intro and female voice?

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I'm very glad you mention this. A few viewers have asked me to do my own roster/prediction video, but that is a VERY sensitive topic in more than one way.

The videos deliver unbiased information and I put a lot of effort into maintaining that standard. You might have noticed, but I never use first-person pronouns like "I" or "My", and if I'm not talking about the game I'm talking about You, the viewer. As soon as I start saying "I think/feel that..." or "My opinion is...", the whole attitude of the channel changes.

The other sensitive issue is that regardless of who does or does not make it onto my "roster prediction", people are going to be upset. There's no question.

So to be honest, I guess I'm still undecided as to whether or not I would make my own roster video. I would want a LOT of viewer input on their choices and the logical reasoning behind them so that I could make the most educated (not sure if that's the word I'm looking for) list possible.
Thank you for being of that opinion. In all honesty, it's nice to have an unbiased sourcing video, and whenever I see a roster prediction video, it always gives a slightly tacky feel to it, someone jumping on the bandwagon, and usually nonsensical or filled with 'this character would be cool because I played this game a few years back' or completely irrelevant 'They're going to bring Pauline back because Donkey Kong sold well on the 3DS shop'

Top Bottom