• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Smash EP2: The Official Smash Central YouTube Thread

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I just can't wait to see what the gameplay mechanic is gonna be. Also, when I see someone's avatar, I just automatically assume they sound like that. I have to say, you sound nothing like a Pikachu:laugh:

Lotusclaw8

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8228-5583
Well, personally I would like to see a character breakdown for another charachter bit I don't know if there is enough info yet... Is there?

Hong

The Strongest
This is correct. I just can't think of anything other than what I have shared.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I just can't wait to see what the gameplay mechanic is gonna be. Also, when I see someone's avatar, I just automatically assume they sound like that. I have to say, you sound nothing like a Pikachu:laugh:
Well perhaps you need to use your imagination, because I actually am a Smash Bros. playing Pikachu.
Well, personally I would like to see a character breakdown for another charachter bit I don't know if there is enough info yet... Is there?
Certain veterans have enough of their moves released. Bowser and Pit would probably be easy. Coming soon!

SmashCentralOfficial

Wow its been a long 3 weeks but its great to have SWF back! This thread will be getting a ton of updates later this week!

Hong

The Strongest
:) Again, I am grateful to have had Smash Central around during the DDoS.

Hong

The Strongest
I want to say Link, but his (arguably) most important move has yet to be revealed: the boomerang.

I think not showing it thus far has been a deliberate effort. We don't know if and how it will return.

SmashCentralOfficial

It would have to be a character who's moves have mostly all been revealed. Perhaps Mario, or even Link. I'll take a close look at Pikachu, too.

SmashCentralOfficial

Toon Link has been confirmed and the first post has been updated!

New video coming later this evening! Which song would you like to hear next on the Sound of Smash?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Leaked Photo, or Shopped Fan-Edit?! You decide!

Reminder pikachu was blow up like a balloon

Mewtwos size is correct in smash bros melee pikachus size is really supposed to be 1/4 bigger than mewtwos foot (predicting pikachus real size)

Anyway the picture(s) theres a second one of mewtwos mugshot
In my opinion if its fake this is the best in the world. Because if real they could just be testing mewtwo i mean mewtwo could be a little bigger in the offical game. Plus mewtwos body is shruken slighty when in y form.

And heres why it could be the best faker in excistance

Well guys, take a look at this badboy. I thought it was fake at first, but after careful analysis and magnifying glasses, threes more to this than meets the eye.

Little stage divots and broken walls on the back of the Battlefield match up, surprisingly. The background pieces also are eerily similar. Pikachus model is accurate and the HUD is really similar. If someone did fake this, i give them kudos, because whether they photo-shopped it or hacked brawl, it would of taken alot of work. Oh and the Battlefield in the bottom right was the closest i found in terms of time of day and angle of camera. Really similar.

SmashCentralOfficial

Reminder pikachu was blow up like a balloon

Mewtwos size is correct in smash bros melee pikachus size is really supposed to be 1/4 bigger than mewtwos foot (predicting pikachus real size)

Anyway the picture(s) theres a second one of mewtwos mugshot
In my opinion if its fake this is the best in the world. Because if real they could just be testing mewtwo i mean mewtwo could be a little bigger in the offical game. Plus mewtwos body is shruken slighty when in y form.

And heres why it could be the best faker in excistance

Wow very great analysis!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just watched the Wii Fit Trainer moveset breakdown... Why have I never watched these before? Extremely through breakdown.

Awesome channel... Subscribed!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I gots the tingles to see if it's real or not. Usually I don't trust 4chan, but maybe...

just maybe...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The HUD on Mewtwo's Icon (the icon itself) looks slightly off art style compared to that of the others...but maybe we'l see by the end of the week. Also, I'll check out those videos!

EDIT: Also my user name is AG31196! I'll comment after I see a few vids :D

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I think the problem is that they just pasted an image of mewtwo onto the stage and because the stage is zoomed out it looks real

AS for the size of mewtwo, I just checked serebii.net and mewtwo's awakened form is slightly smaller than his normal form, so that could be why hes a little small

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Could I request the title of the thread be changed? "MEWTWO SCREENSHOT!" makes it seem like we've gotten something official. Maybe change the title to be more uncertain.

SmashCentralOfficial

Thank you heres the second possibly leaked picture by the way
Thanks! I didn't include that picture since there's nothing to look at except the percentages.

Could I request the title of the thread be changed? "MEWTWO SCREENSHOT!" makes it seem like we've gotten something official. Maybe change the title to be more uncertain.
Sure thing.

Just watched the Wii Fit Trainer moveset breakdown... Why have I never watched these before? Extremely through breakdown.

Awesome channel... Subscribed!
Tyvm, I appreciate it! This thread often falls to the second page of General Discussion.

grizby2

Smash Lord
you can never get enough news about smash, i'll sub!

youtube username: grizby2

you thought it would be different didn't you? :troll:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The pic looks awesome but I'm pretty sure its fake. The waving flags in the back are in the exact same position as another battle field picture we've seen.

But what someone else pointed out to me that really confirms it fake is the HUD. Look at Mario and Mega Mans icons, that strip of read and blue extends beyond the name on both sides. The person who made this picture forgot to add that part, it looks oddly cut off.

Of course the flag waving could be a coincidence and the HUD could have changed since E3, hahaha.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I subscribed a little while back. Surprised to see that contact with a channel as good as yours was a hop and a skip away, considering how easy it is to get lost in a sea of YouTube comments.

YouTube name: God Robert's Cousin

And the Mewtwo picture is definitely fake, as deduced by the others. There's no real way to "leak" pictures like those anyway, considering how we've never had a leak on the Brawl Dojo and that these images are uploaded directly through Miiverse, meaning you'd have to have access to Sakurai's Wii U just to get ahold of them. The UI otherwise indicates that this would have been an event held somewhere, but we would have known about it if there was. The only other access there'd be is if one of the actual developers leaked the image, but that said, they'd likely have much better quality than a fuzzy, dimly-lit image like the one we saw. They made a decent effort faking one, though.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Just subscribed, YouTube name is the same as my SmashBoards one. I'm calling bull on Mewtwo, he is way to small, and doesn't look Sakurai-ish. Pikachu looks weird too.

SmashCentralOfficial

Tomorrow is the momment of truth of the pokemon character
My body is not Reggie.

I subscribed a little while back. Surprised to see that contact with a channel as good as yours was a hop and a skip away, considering how easy it is to get lost in a sea of YouTube comments.

YouTube name: God Robert's Cousin
Just subscribed, YouTube name is the same as my SmashBoards one.
Awesome! I'll add both of you to the first post. I definitely remember GRC from the comments, and TheBakonBitz also sounds familiar. Perhaps you've commented before but just subscribed now aha! :)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The thread title drew me hear. I expect this thread to be flooded with hundreds of speculative posts before monday.
This is pretty much what I expected out of Mewtwo this time around. Its like a dream come true. If Sakurai were to put Mewtwo back in, (which is even more likely with the new promotion on his x and y forms) it would be a shame to not include the new mega evolution aspect on at least one of the pokemon reps in smash bros.
Im gonna call this screenshot fake though BECAUSE its too good to be true.

Top Bottom