• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Smash EP2: The Official Smash Central YouTube Thread

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think if this is a fake, any real Ness model will be a disappointment. First time Ness didn't look stagnant to me.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Reminds me of the in-game Toon Link model a lot actually. The roundness in the face are similar, the colors look like SSB4 styled as well. Could be real.

And even if it's fake, whoever made it's got talent at least and I wouldn't mind seeing more.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I can see all the original 12 Smashers returning. And as good as this screenshot is, something tells me this is fake.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Do people honestly believe this? Ness looks incredibly awkward, not to mention he doesn't fit the art style of SSB4 at all. The style is too close to Brawl's. Too realistic vs. stylized. When I first saw it, my first inclination was that it was a (very) sloppy fake. I was pretty surprised when everyone was like "WOW! THIS IS SO DAMN CONVINCING!"

I could be 100% wrong, but Ness' render would be a pretty step down from all of the others if I am.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I personally like it because I think the artist did a good job of capturing the details of not only the original sprite from Earthbound but also the clay figure that appeared in the manual and official guide book of the game.

FabulousDancer

Smash Rookie
There are tons of webremix links floating around, one of them claims it's just the Megaman page and I guess another claims it's Sonic's.

Yet the background color in the "leak" is neither of their backgrounds. Just because it's blue doesn't mean it's the same tone - for instance, sonic's is darker than the supposed leak

Uffe

Smash Hero
I doubt it is real, though it looks pretty nice. Oh well. Hopefully Ness will be revealed soon.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I don't think Sakurai would leave out anyone from the Original 12. Although some may say Captain Falcon "isn't popular" anymore, I'm sure Sakurai is well aware that CF is one of the most entertaining and loved characters in Smash.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I don't think Sakurai would leave out anyone from the Original 12. Although some may say Captain Falcon "isn't popular" anymore, I'm sure Sakurai is well aware that CF is one of the most entertaining and loved characters in Smash.
Plus, I'm pretty sure that Captain Falcon is also Sakurai's favorite character too.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
I read in this site that Ganondorf was Sakurai's favorite character but who knows, Captain Falcon could be one of Sakurai's mains. lol

SmashCentralOfficial

Until the Ness picture is confirmed genuine, I am going to assume it is fake. Though, I must say, it does look pretty good.
Here's the photo that FabulousDancer posted above:

A part of me feels that Ness' design is a different "style" from the other 3, but Villager also looks pretty out of place, in my opinion.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I thought the Ness picture was confirmed to be fake with this http://p.webremixes.org/czqnzqmq? I would imagine it would be quite simple to make the blue light via photo shop, or even pain, and make a pic out of it >_>.

In fact - http://i.imgur.com/rD7dFAq.jpg

Yea, I think it is more then possible. Of course what I did was just basic and I didn't bother to leave everything else in it, but still.

SmashCentralOfficial

I thought the Ness picture was confirmed to be fake with this http://p.webremixes.org/czqnzqmq? I would imagine it would be quite simple to make the blue light via photo shop, or even pain, and make a pic out of it >_>.

In fact - http://i.imgur.com/rD7dFAq.jpg

Yea, I think it is more then possible. Of course what I did was just basic and I didn't bother to leave everything else in it, but still.
I don't understand what you're saying. The background is not what people are concerned with being fake or real. Anyone can click the "Fill" tool on Microsoft Paint and create a background.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't understand what you're saying. The background is not what people are concerned with being fake or real. Anyone can click the "Fill" tool on Microsoft Paint and create a background.

Did you not pay attention to the site I posted? http://p.webremixes.org/czqnzqmq. That is Ness on the Sonic background, they just used that and filled the background with a slightly different blue, which is incredibly easy. And the Ness pic used in there is also an imgur pic, which also points to it being a fake. Not to mention the original pic http://i.imgur.com/54UipDw.png is totally suspicious by what is marked out. Anyone who thins it is real is in pure denial.

Blaziken77

Smash Rookie
Well, after looking closely, the last character of the website that is on is appearently 7 or Z.

Also, people aren't saying it is real, just that it could be real.

(Edit) After looking closely, Ness's hand is off, the thumb especially.

SmashCentralOfficial

Did you not pay attention to the site I posted? http://p.webremixes.org/czqnzqmq. That is Ness on the Sonic background, they just used that and filled the background with a slightly different blue, which is incredibly easy. And the Ness pic used in there is also an imgur pic, which also points to it being a fake. Not to mention the original pic http://i.imgur.com/54UipDw.png is totally suspicious by what is marked out. Anyone who thins it is real is in pure denial.

I still don't see the logic in deeming it 100% fake based on the background. What if that shade of blue ends up being the background for the next revealed character? While I believe the Ness screenshot to be fake, drawing conclusions based on the shade of the background it's absolutely ridiculous.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I still don't see the logic in deeming it 100% fake based on the background. What if that shade of blue ends up being the background for the next revealed character? While I believe the Ness screenshot to be fake, drawing conclusions based on the shade of the background it's absolutely ridiculous.

Not really. You can obviously tell the original pic was taken to some sort of editor, probably Paint, based solely on the fact that the web address and tab are covered up very poorly with a very simple pencil/paint tool. Which ends up supporting the case of that the background was just altered vie a fill tool which is again a very simple tool found on Paint ffs. And to further support this we have this link, which I have have posted multiple times now and you have conveniently ignored, http://p.webremixes.org/czqnzqmq which further supports it being faked. And finally the ness model and thing it is withing can be photoshopped if you are skilled enough supported by this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/fake-leaks-photoshops-etc.341868/, and hell that Ness model isn't even that good for when you look at it closely there are some very fine details that are off, the head is of a different property then the little bit of the neck you see and the right hand looks like it has been plastered over the arm instead of looking like a part of the arm, it is just to sloppy for a what a real professional would make. This so called leak isn't even really a leak e_e and has 0% chance of even being real.

SmashCentralOfficial

For the same reason people thought Ridley and Mewtwo were in the clouds of the SSE and why Pyrosphere has been analyzed with more scrutiny than the research for a dissertation: long waits between characters make people desperate for news.
It'll be an exciting day when we get a good screenshot of some clouds.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I think the fact that Earthbound is being release on Wii VC gives a good chance that Ness will be in Smash 4. Who knows maybe even Jeff or Porky since they were in Brawl.

Btw anybody who thinks the image is legit is pretty dumb. First off it would've already been posted on the Smashbros website. Second anyone with a good eye could make out the added head that looks like it was pasted on the body. I mean the head just screams out "PHOTOSHOP". Lolz

SmashCentralOfficial

Yeah the Ness picture has been dubbed fake, but it would be extremely surprising if the Original 12 didn't return.

Sound of Smash Ep.5 is up!

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Yeah the Ness picture has been dubbed fake, but it would be extremely surprising if the Original 12 didn't return.

Sound of Smash Ep.5 is up!

I swear that better not happen.

Falcon, Ness, and Puff are of the original 4 nd if they get cut it'll simply be mind boggling and I will never understand Sakurai ever.

SmashCentralOfficial

Agreed. Falcon hasn't really had a game in a pretty long time, but I'm sure Sakurai knows he's one of the fan's favourite characters in Smash.

Top Bottom