• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make aerial Falcon kick do 24%/22%

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Here are the videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-hYwncvXntI
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S2LH2N9QGK8

Basically, Falcon Kick can hit three different parts of an opponents body, and depending on where it hits, it will do different damage and have different knockback.
If it hits their chest it does 15% but doesn't have enough knockback to make you safe.
If it hits their head it does 13%, and again doesn't have enough knockback to make you safe.
If it hits their feet it does 9% and has enough knockback to mean your almost completely unpunishable, especially at higher percents.

So, by spacing yourself correctly, you can kick through the chest and end on their feet, do 24% and they will be unable to punish you.

Here is a handy list of how hard characters are to do it on, and if its possible:
R.O.B. (easy)
Bowser(easy)
DK(easy)
Diddy Kong(hard)
Yoshi(medium)
Wario(easy)
Link(easy)
Shiek(easy WTF!?)
Ganondorf(medium)
pit(medium)

INCOMPLETE

For a lot of small characters the 15% hit will knock them to far away for the 9% feet hit to connect, so your best option against these people is to hit their head through to there feet, giving the same knockback but only 22%.
Here is a list for those characters:
Mario(easy)
Luigi(easy)
Peach(medium)
Zelda(hard)
Toon link(medium)
Samus(hard)
Kirby(easy)
MK(easy)

INCOMPLETE

I'll continue to update this when I can be bothered. If you are having trouble hitting a specific character, send me a PM, I'll video myself doing it a few times and then i'll put it on youtube and send you the link. It'll also be put in this post beside that characters name. King dedede is wierd. He has another place, sort of atthe edge of his belly, just before his feet where it has the same knockback as the 15/13 percent ones, but only does 11%. he can't do the 24% or 22% ones, but has his own unique 20% one, which is INCREDIBLY hard to do.

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah I do this often. It's all about your angle in the air when using the Falcon kick, just have to make sure it's correct. And if, on the harder to hit characters, you simply wait until they have a decent amount of damage, the knockback will not let them get in range for an attack on you.

This is a good switchup move though. Just jumping up to avoid an attack instead shielding/dodging, and then jamming a Falcon kick into their head.

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie
wow nice find never knew that ill have 2 try and apply that

but i doesnt seem to work after youve done it once i tried it on ike and bowser and after they have like 6% it wont work anymore... i guess it only usefull as a 1st hit kinda thing

Top Bottom