• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to main Falco effectively??

Foxfear

Smash Cadet
Hi, I just started to main Falco... I'm not bad with him, but I find myself getting pretty predictable at times...
I know the basics, the airs, the specials...
Chaingrab doesn't work quite well...

What are the most important things to watch out for and which techniques do you have to use often when you want to master Falco??

grtz

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166854

First, check Blad's thread that has link to all informative threads of Falco.

Get chaingrabbing down. Solid.

As for others, you should learn SHDL/SHL and DLX. Very helpful if you can pull them off. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Dunno if I'll be able to help you with it though.

Foxfear

Smash Cadet
I can do the CG, SHL, SHDl now, it's pretty usefull!!

But I can't figure out the DLX: when I dashattack A and then C-up (so usmash), nothing happens, I just continue to dashattack. Some help would be nice :p !!

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Most people find c stick down (dash attack) to z-up (does an usmash for some reason) works best, but you gotta be quick.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Hmm....
You using your bread correctly?

All you have to do is c-stick up at the moment your attack connects.
But that alone isn't going to make you effective.
You need to chain your moves.
Azen err.....AS IN follow up that usmash with a nair/dair.
If you can hit with the dair, fastfall and usmash again.
I don't know if this works in actual gamplay, but it's just a thought.

If you can already chain attacks, then that's great.
Now to take on other people on your level.
And win, preferably.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
To do it, run torward an opponent, and hit down on the C-Stick, performing a dash attack. You must hit, or it won't work. As soon as you hit, press up on the Joy stick and Z at the same time.

Should be automatic. Similar to how you use Snake's Mortar Slide.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
How does "DLX" stand for that technique? I usually perform it by using A for the dash attack, and canceling it with a really quick upward tap of the C stick...this is GCN controller, mind. However, if I haven't played in awhile, my finger tends to hold A a shade too long or lag a bit on the stick, and the maneuver fails.

I've always been fond of killing with his Phantasm. Unreliable without practice, but fun. Does this see ANY use in competitive play?

Are there any other characters that play with a similar feel to Falco? Right now I only bother playing with Lombardi, Toon Link, and Ike, in that order. Another main is always welcome in the arsenal.

Foxfear

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys for the help, I've mastered DLX now, and even RAR too...
So if anyone would be kind enough to add me online to show me a few tricks, because a tournament is coming up and I want to be prepared ...

FC: 0946-3744-5413

Top Bottom