• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to lose. (And my history in smash)

hough123

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=2775]How to lose. (And my history in smash)[/drupal]

I have a friend, but that alone is ahead of this thought. (Skip to the ~~~ if you don't want my smash history)

I got melee at a very young age, and enjoyed every apect of single player that I could. I didn't experience full one on one until this friend told me that he had the game too.

I could never beat him, no matter what. He eventually got tired of beating me, and never wanted to play. That is, until news of brawl came out. It was then that I started beating him. I mained Ness, and could beat his Marth and Pikachu any day. He fought and fought, but eventually gave up after I started maining Pikachu myself. (Pikachu was my finest character)

When Brawl came out, my skill carried over from our first battle onward. At first, I mained Lucas. (He was "Like Ness, only BETTER! :D" ) I also mained a multitude of other characters. Eventually, I gave up all the rest, and solely mained Lucario. Ah, Lucario. He will take me far.

He mains Marth and Olimar, and for those not in the know, they are Lucario's most annoying match-ups in terms of extinguishing our fighting style. Regardless of this, I could, and still can, beat him no matter what. Now comes my thoughts.

~~~
(For those of you just in, I can beat my friend no matter what)

How he loses is why he loses. He's given up Brawl because he "Can never win." This is what he does; when he wins, he gloats to no end; but when he loses, he falls off of the super-inflated image of his skill that he creates after one win. After this, he gives up, and gets physically angry with whomever is beating him.

I believe that when you lose, you must thank the person. They have bested you; and now, you must achieve to beat them. A loss should fuel you more than any win should, plain and simple. Sadly, this may just be my opinion.

Thanks for reading,
~Hough123

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I know how you feel, my only friend who plays Brawl is the same way but he's like that in everything he does.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Your friend sounds pretty pathetic tbh, and like a typical male with an inflated ego.

It's nothing to bother thinking about, and communicating rationality to him won't work either.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
Wow my brother is the exact same way! and I even beat his falco in melée and brawl when I got good especially now. Good job for your attitude!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Mabye your friend just doesn't have the competitive personality that you do? I remember when I only got on smashboards (and therefore into competitive brawl) because I found somebody who could actually beat me (I was king of the scrubs!!!). Basically, I came here to get better and to surprass my friend, which I eventually ended up doing... and stuff. Basically, if your friend doesn't have the drive to get better to beat you, then he probably won't.

I agree that loses help you MUCH more than wins do. Wins won't drive you to become better, losses do... I've lost alot and been beaten pretty hard at tournaments, but instead of going on your friend's route, I decided to better myself at smash, and stuff. </rant>

hough123

Smash Ace
Why couldn't you ever beat him in melee?

what made you beat him in brawl right after the transition?
I was bad at playing at first, then I got better.
I've always been good at Brawl, though. (Being somewhat of a melee scrub might have helped too :laugh: )

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Link to original post: [drupal=2775]How to lose. (And my history in smash)[/drupal]
When Brawl came out, my skill carried over from our first battle onward. At first, I mained Lucas. (He was "Like Ness, only BETTER! :D" )
I RESENT THIS!
But yeah, I get what you're saying. Too true.

Ryne

Smash Cadet
Nice man. My cousin is the same way when it comes to tournament brawl. He thinks hes the hottest thing when he just throws items and kills me but when it comes to tournament, I just rip him a new hole. But dont worry, people like him will NEVER change.

Top Bottom