• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to kill disscusion

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
People have been mentioning dairs as a ko move. I haven't tried this too much, although I have gotten a couple of kills off this move, I usually just uair. Also, do people use auto-canceled dairs to approach? Because I've been practicing this, and I still feel better approaching with uairs or even the auto-canceled knees.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I only play Falcon for fun in FFA matches... but using the Falcon Punch usually isn't smart, as you tend to hit your teamates alot... So yeah... F-smash if it hasn't been spammed or the knee is the best choice, although the latter is obviously harder to pull off at times. But so are 360* Falcon Pawnches! and we tend to pull those off occasioanally, now don't we?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
From what I've seen, you can still use the d-air to stop successful recoveries. Even if it causes the foe to go flying sideways, it can still lead to a KO.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
Man I'm gonna have to make another list for this:

U-tilt: When your opponent is within the 130%+ range and you juuuuust can't seem to kill them, U-tilt is perfect. Just enough knockback to kill them from off the edge or otherwise, and fairly quick with good range.
Knee: The knee isn't something you can truly rely on, but if you hit with it at 90%, your opponent's in trouble.
F/D-smash: I prefer D-smash instead of F-smash. Try spamming it in training. It has good knockback, great shield pushback, ok range, hits on both sides, and is less laggy than F-smash before and after. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I think it has more knockback than F-smash anyway. Anyway if you use it too much it you won't be able to use it as a ground kill move though. It's up to you.
Back-air: Back-air sweetspotted is much more reliable than the knee. It comes out fast and has pretty good knockback, but they have to be at a pretty high percentage for it to work.
Falcon Punch: USE MDNIGAEMS

Captain isn't really a pure killing character, though. His moves all have just enough knockback to send the opponents off the edge, though. As it's been stated already in this thread, I'm pretty sure your best bet with Falcon is to edgeguard/spike/gimp off the edge. Up-airs while the opponent's coming back to the stage are awesome when you still have your double jump. All the above mentioned moves will easily get the opponents off the stage, including f-throw and b-throw, which can lead to another off-the-edge-aerial.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Are you completely ******** or something? Or are you playing a different game? Either way you seem like one of those beggers I see when I go into a mall, just sitting there all ******** and like, they have no idea where they are.
lol coming from the troll

Man I'm gonna have to make another list for this:

U-tilt: When your opponent is within the 130%+ range and you juuuuust can't seem to kill them, U-tilt is perfect. Just enough knockback to kill them from off the edge or otherwise, and fairly quick with good range.
Knee: The knee isn't something you can truly rely on, but if you hit with it at 90%, your opponent's in trouble.
F/D-smash: I prefer D-smash instead of F-smash. Try spamming it in training. It has good knockback, great shield pushback, ok range, hits on both sides, and is less laggy than F-smash before and after. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I think it has more knockback than F-smash anyway. Anyway if you use it too much it you won't be able to use it as a ground kill move though. It's up to you.
Back-air: Back-air sweetspotted is much more reliable than the knee. It comes out fast and has pretty good knockback, but they have to be at a pretty high percentage for it to work.
Falcon Punch: USE MDNIGAEMS

Captain isn't really a pure killing character, though. His moves all have just enough knockback to send the opponents off the edge, though. As it's been stated already in this thread, I'm pretty sure your best bet with Falcon is to edgeguard/spike/gimp off the edge. Up-airs while the opponent's coming back to the stage are awesome when you still have your double jump. All the above mentioned moves will easily get the opponents off the stage, including f-throw and b-throw, which can lead to another off-the-edge-aerial.
Just want to add that uair and falcon dive kill at reasonable percents offstage.
Maybe you should write a guide :bee: (the stickied one hasn't been updated in almost 3 months)

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I actually kill with Falcon Dive and uair gimps a lot, but unless I'm up a stock I don't use up+B because your opponent can simply suicide you by airdodging and I'm not too good at hitting with it in the air.

Thinking about it, U-air is a pretty good high% kill move, but to play Falcon you pretty much have to spam it so it's null anyway.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Dsmash has slightly less knockback, but it's not by any hugely noticeable amount. Maybe by 10% or so at worst.

I don't play Brawl all that much anymore, so I'm sorry to say that I forget to update the guide. I can't really do a character match-up section, since I don't play anyone at all really. I can add techniques and crap though.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Dsmash has slightly less knockback, but it's not by any hugely noticeable amount. Maybe by 10% or so at worst.

I don't play Brawl all that much anymore, so I'm sorry to say that I forget to update the guide. I can't really do a character match-up section, since I don't play anyone at all really. I can add techniques and crap though.
totally understandable, I can't honestly say that I'll keep playing brawl until the next smash game, it's just too cheap, some characters have zero to death infinites that totally suck the fun out of Brawl, heck I can't even see myself playing this game till six in the morning with friends, it's just that slow and ********

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
If you want to go sexy, a Falcon Dive stagespike is a must.

U-tilt is really great. Especially on stages with platforms. It's good for edgeguarding too. <3 it.

Knee just doesn't do it for me to more. I keep on doing it out of Melee instinct when I should be going for bairs and uairs.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
totally understandable, I can't honestly say that I'll keep playing brawl until the next smash game, it's just too cheap, some characters have zero to death infinites that totally suck the fun out of Brawl, heck I can't even see myself playing this game till six in the morning with friends, it's just that slow and ********
are you talking about melee or brawl?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Yeah, I actually kill with Falcon Dive and uair gimps a lot, but unless I'm up a stock I don't use up+B because your opponent can simply suicide you by airdodging and I'm not too good at hitting with it in the air.

Thinking about it, U-air is a pretty good high% kill move, but to play Falcon you pretty much have to spam it so it's null anyway.
Maybe its because I play a lot of FD (no platforms) but I don't use U-air that much. Falcon Dive and U-air kills are mostly when they are at a diagonal above the stage (so I can't just edgegaurd). I don't like to risk suicides.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Ill try the up b, it would probably work, as for up smash, im a little shifty on that because of its crap hitbox, if it was like Snakes up tilts hitbox i would use it
Sounds like you just need to use it more and adjust to it.

It's a really good move because of the distance you get sliding out of a dash, and once you have the timing down the hitbox isn't a problem at all. Also, if you don't land the first hit of the Up smash, there's always the second hit.

Sounds like you need some more cow bell.
I mean Up smash.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
so my bro today was ****** me today (iunno if I was off my game) with Martha >.< (**** the Fair) so I called him out to a real test of skill, we switched mains so in the match I was about to three stock him when he does a raptor boost jups up for me and Falcon punches, and it hits! he does the same set up and it hits again ????

try it may be a good setup but I was way off game today, or it was just mindgames

Wogrim

Smash Lord
so my bro today was ****** me today (iunno if I was off my game) with Martha >.< (**** the Fair) so I called him out to a real test of skill, we switched mains so in the match I was about to three stock him when he does a raptor boost jups up for me and Falcon punches, and it hits! he does the same set up and it hits again ????

try it may be a good setup but I was way off game today, or it was just mindgames
I'll try it in a bit, but it sounds like you probly aren't that great with Marth (counter please?)
Did he do it right after the first jump or the second?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I'll try it in a bit, but it sounds like you probly aren't that great with Marth (counter please?)
Did he do it right after the first jump or the second?
nope, I only seconded Marth in melee and it was a while ago, my bro would charge it up (and me being the idiot I am) try to challenge it :( how was I supposed to know it out prioritized all my moves

but today he tried it, and yeah it didn't go as planned, guess I was off game

EDIT: today i stumbled across somthing kinda cool if you auto-cancel the knee to make it wiff, you can "combo" it into an Usmash

it works really well because the knee sometimes causes tripping which (dare I say it) makes it unescapable

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
a nice little set up I have been using lately is Dair (autocanceled) to raptor boost to falcon Dive, works just about every time!!

BTW maybe I should change the tittle to a falcon disscusion thread so We can get theories for set-ups, techs and what not in this one thread, who seconds this idea?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
a nice little set up I have been using lately is Dair (autocanceled) to raptor boost to falcon Dive, works just about every time!!

BTW maybe I should change the tittle to a falcon disscusion thread so We can get theories for set-ups, techs and what not in this one thread, who seconds this idea?
I'd rather see this sort of stuff in a guide-like thread, with a section for each of them and updated with new ideas that people post in the thread. Then separate each section into three pieces, one for proven stuff, one for theories that need testing, and one for theories that didn't work. And keep an update log in the thread for each time you update what you added/changed in the last 3 updates or keep an update date on every item in the thread, with most recent additions/updates being at the top of each section. I find it annoying to see a thread has new posts and then wait for it to load, and find out it's some fairly pointless post about someone whining about a troll or making fun of someone or just quoting something and saying QFT. I'd rather see an update date in the thread title and just click on the thread if stuff has been added. Ease of navigation ftw.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
alrighty it's Decided this is going to be the discussion thread it'll be done by this friday (the only reason why so late is because of my **** summer school, lulz civics is a joke)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Honestly, deploying an early knee and fastfalling thru your opponent is a great gimping tool. Hitting with the 3 damage part is one of very few attack options wayy off the ledge. Not to mention nobody has seen it before, and will assume you missed the so-called "Sweetspot".

Try it and youll see

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Honestly, deploying an early knee and fastfalling thru your opponent is a great gimping tool. Hitting with the 3 damage part is one of very few attack options wayy off the ledge. Not to mention nobody has seen it before, and will assume you missed the so-called "Sweetspot".

Try it and youll see
Yeah Banana Trooper actually stage spiked me with a wiff

T'was Epic indeed

Falcon KNEE!

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I love playing as Falcon and although the knee isn't the uber killing move as it's supposed to be in Melee (I've never played Melee, sorry) the knee is still great when you use it well (i.e using it to stop people getting onto the stage, whiffing it to make combos and stuff like that.)

Top Bottom