• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get out of a grab?

jamesturley7

Smash Rookie
Ok when ever I am facing a Cp player and I grab them they seem to get out of it in like one second. I wanted to know whats the fastest way to get out of a grab? Also is there a way to cancel a grab?

Mith_

Smash Champion
computers are....well, computers. they can input thousands of commands per second. so its pretty much like they mash all the buttons 100 times get get out of your grab lulz. try throwing asap when you grab a cpu.

jamesturley7

Smash Rookie
Ok yea i understand that. I know I can't mash the buttons like the computer can but what can I do that will get me out of a grab the fastest when a computer or another opponent grabs me?

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Basically just mash **** on your controller. Don't yank around the control stick though, that'll screw up your DI and probably get you killed faster than the normal grab would have.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Computers don't grab break optimally actually.

Contrary to what the last poster said, you actually do want to rotate your control stick--that's the main thing you want to do. Press any other buttons you can as well, including flicking the C stick. But if you do just one thing, rotate the control stick.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Computers aren't the same as humans (obviously). They can get out of grabs a lot faster than a human can. When you're playing a human they probably won't get out of your grabs as fast as a computer can.

To get out of it, do what Tyrael64 said, just mash your controller a lot.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Computers don't grab break optimally actually.

Contrary to what the last poster said, you actually do want to rotate your control stick--that's the main thing you want to do. Press any other buttons you can as well, including flicking the C stick. But if you do just one thing, rotate the control stick.
Maybe, rotating your Control stick and C-Stick in opposite directions will help?

Since iirc the C-Stick also contains control stick movements that would be double the stick rotating.

Denzi

Smash Master
Maybe, rotating your Control stick and C-Stick in opposite directions will help?

Since iirc the C-Stick also contains control stick movements that would be double the stick rotating.
Possibly.

And remember that since you are mashing the **** out of your controller, you should be careful not to ress anything that could ger you killed, attacked, regrabbed, etc. (i.e. Warlock Punch)

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Possibly.

And remember that since you are mashing the **** out of your controller, you should be careful not to ress anything that could ger you killed, attacked, regrabbed, etc. (i.e. Warlock Punch)
Even while mashing your controller, you still have to be careful what you're doing. You could end up getting regrabbed and having to go through the whole cycle again.

ColinJF

Smash Ace

Rotating the C stick doesn't do anything.

If you want to do something with the C stick, you need to flick it from neutral to the edge, let it return, and repeat.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Rotate the Stick to get out on a grab faster and the C-Stick doesn't work.

rayman1234

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure u just gotta press buttons. Mashing buttons will get you out faster i think. I would mess with the stick though because it might mess up your DI. ^_^

Top Bottom