• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get better with Snake. [Updated August 16th]

napZzz

Smash Hero
nice blastoise

I dont see the purpose in trying to SDI EVERY attack. There are some here and there that work but to SDI everything, it'll probably **** you over at some point considering alot of moves will only be SDI'd if you buffer it

-Ran

Smash Master
I love the updates to this list. Especially the last two. I often forget that just because I know how to play against one good Metaknight doesnt mean that I know how to play against them all and then I get over confident and dont adapt. That's what screwed me this weekend.
Yea. Now that I'm focusing on it I find I'm doing a ton better. Acknowledging a problem always leads to solutions.

some of these p0ints are kind of dumb now that I look back on it but the more recent ones are pretty good
A ton of it is super obvious. Of course, it's just a check list for myself. =d

this is one of the few good threads that come out in the snake boards

i'm always waiting for new updates

:009;
Thanks. I always try to update it when I feel that I'm personally becoming better. I try to read the list before every tournament. I actually felt very <3 when Sync thanked me in person for it at Quakecon.

nice blastoise

I dont see the purpose in trying to SDI EVERY attack. There are some here and there that work but to SDI everything, it'll probably **** you over at some point considering alot of moves will only be SDI'd if you buffer it
The goal is to make the attempt to do so. By conditioning yourself to SDi every possible move, it becomes a subconscious decision on your part to SDI. You begin to SDi moves that you would otherwise wouldn't have been capable of doing on reaction. People ask me a ton how I Di/sdi when I'm helping them, and I really can't put it into words because extremely successful SDI/Di is completely natural.

If you have to think to DI/SDi, you're doing it wrong. Because of that, you should strive to focus on DI/SDI-ing everything to reach the point of fluid Di.

My current goal is to achieve a level of play that will validate this list as a greater aid for others. At the moment, I'm just a mediocre player spouting off paragraphs of text. I'm climbing the mountain of skill to change that.

The goal is to make the attempt to do so. By conditioning yourself to SDi every possible move, it becomes a subconscious decision on your part to SDI. You begin to SDi moves that you would otherwise wouldn't have been capable of doing on reaction. People ask me a ton how I Di/sdi when I'm helping them, and I really can't put it into words because extremely successful SDI/Di is completely natural.
^This is incredibly true. Eventually you learn to punish out of DI as well.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The part about having attaining SDI/DI is also very true. I realized that if I was consciously thinking about it...it was already too late to do it lol or you wont be doing it as best as you can. It should be an automatic and instinctual part of every good players game. I'm happy to say that my DI and SDI have improved so much in the last few months. People were saying I was on some Ally **** this weekend :D Also I learned that some matchups are just inherently easier with SDI. Wario being a prime example. Down-air isnt such a threat when you SDI out of it and there's plenty more applications like this.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Add footstool to rule 28, works against grounded or aerial opponents who waits for you to move first. If they chase you after being footstooled breverse.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
honestly how I play snake and brawl in general is

A. don't approach

B. don't try to punish most attacks (bc the mechanics of this game make no sense)

works wonders. loll
I do most of my damage from either A. prediction and B. sneaky, random, thrown out attacks/grabs they weren't expecting. and C. random explosions

napZzz

Smash Hero
I never really learned how to b reverse down b, or any other directional specials at that

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
You should add,
"Learn B-Reverse DownB"
and
"Learn how to use Dair"
to your list.
+
learn to reverse side b.
works even if they predict your momentum reversal
they run in for the grab and get a falling nikita right on their head.
just learn the right height, to let this be effective.

+ for landing in general:
dont think like " umm the last two times i used an areal, so now i can try an airdodge."
thats WRONG. wait as long as you can until you make your decision what option you'll choose.

Top Bottom