• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Fight a Jigglypuff

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Spacing FH fairs and bairs can be a good way to force an opening.

F-tilt and u-tilt are good options for their disjointed and long lasting hitboxes.

Dairs and u-airs are great if you're ever below or above Puff, but good puffs won't let that happen too much.

I wouldn't randomly nair too much since she can just space a bair through it. From a grab is great though.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
yeah my spacing was pretty bad

and i need to work on my shielding too, when your GaW you really need to lightshield A LOT

well thnx for this

j00t

Smash Champion
Raistlin is from Florida right? I think I beat him in some friendlies w/ GnW at TO4 (And he beat my Falcon unfortunately :( )

pretty much all I did was space fairs and nairs... bair is good as well. You can do wavedash -> jab -> grab when he is on the ground or right above the ground... really good for setting up nair kills. But this is my personal playstyle, most GnWs just use fair and dtilt unfortunately.

dtilt will kill at great percents, and ftilt works for spacing.

And yes, I agree with lightshielding, atleast vs. Jiggs... if you lightshield against Falco or Fox it won't do you much good, because the Falco/Fox can just follow up before your shield stun runs out.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Spacing FH fairs and bairs can be a good way to force an opening.

F-tilt and u-tilt are good options for their disjointed and long lasting hitboxes.

Dairs and u-airs are great if you're ever below or above Puff, but good puffs won't let that happen too much.

I wouldn't randomly nair too much since she can just space a bair through it. From a grab is great though.
Nair is probably better if Puff is above you. Uair will never kill or combo her.

IMO, retreating SH nair and fsmash are the best way to deal with puff. Those can actually hit her when she's WoPing.

Dtilt isn't really good in this matchup, except as a KOing move, because it does have pretty crazy vertical power.

Basically, you just rack up damage with fairs and then finish with fsmash/nair, which are practically spammable with the correct spacing.

Top Bottom