• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to escape Sheik's tilt lock

MHizzle

Smash Rookie
Have you ever faced a Sheik and got tilt locked before? Annoying, isn't it? Well not anymore. Here's how you can escape Sheik's tilt lock. Once you're tilt locked, you can pull out your bike and immediately get knocked off of it. When that happens, the bike will fall in front of Sheik and she'll slowly pick it up, leaving her open for a quick forward smash.
:chuckle:

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
As truly amazing as that is >_<, wario can DI out of the ftilt lock anyway haha. I didn't know tilts picked up the bike :O

Well it is pretty cool, but why are you making so many threads 0_o, no one even knows who you are.

MHizzle

Smash Rookie
I never knew that Wario can DI out of Sheik's tilt lock. How do you do it?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Smash both sticks upwards and away from Sheik (and jump), they may peg you w/ an extra tilt or an upsmash, but at least you're out.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I can usually SDI down at earlier %'s and just shield, if they Ftilt again I just hold my shield and counter or roll or something.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I do the SDI trick while escaping shiek's tilt lock as well, it works pretty well and you can counter with a Dair or Fair, depending.

What I love to do though, is knock shiek off the stage, then throw my bike at her, bike combos are so much fun, and I'm getting really good at it. (If nothing else it racks up damage like you wouldn't believe.)

MHizzle

Smash Rookie
I do the SDI trick while escaping shiek's tilt lock as well, it works pretty well and you can counter with a Dair or Fair, depending.

What I love to do though, is knock shiek off the stage, then throw my bike at her, bike combos are so much fun, and I'm getting really good at it. (If nothing else it racks up damage like you wouldn't believe.)
Isn't it fun to watch your opponent get hit over and over again by the bike? I think it's one of the best edge guarding techniques in the game. Anyways, if you wanna show no mercy, you can hog the edge right when your opponent tries to recover.

MHizzle

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, I'd like to know what many of you think about my avatar. Feel free to let me know.

MHizzle

Smash Rookie
The Knee.

How...sexy lol
Isn't it great? It's arguably one of the best fair moves in the game. It's a shame how it's much harder to hit with in Brawl, unlike Melee (I used to play as CF). But if hit correctly and paused at the right moment at the right angle, the result can be quite humorous.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
This thread is symbolic of the piece of **** smashboards is becoming. No move can get out of Sheiks F Tilt if it's fully decayed because it's a true combo, Ankoku has masde a thread on the Shiek boards about what followups there are from which SDI direction, we always have a followup but some are much less deadly then others.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This thread is symbolic of the piece of **** smashboards is becoming. No move can get out of Sheiks F Tilt if it's fully decayed because it's a true combo, Ankoku has masde a thread on the Shiek boards about what followups there are from which SDI direction, we always have a followup but some are much less deadly then others.
Your on the character boards.....what do you expect.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I already stated that the only way to "get out of it" when done at the right percents and decayed is to mash up and out, at the cost of eating an upsmash to the face. If you DI to the sides they can chase you.

And I'm amazed that of all people to bring up being on the character boards... it's a FOX that says it. Go back to your 80:20 against MK, lol.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
U know guys its funny that we all make fun of this guy...and yet I used this to get out of champs ftilt in doubles yesterday and got a free f smash. Its actually very very useful.

:D

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I already stated that the only way to "get out of it" when done at the right percents and decayed is to mash up and out, at the cost of eating an upsmash to the face. If you DI to the sides they can chase you.

And I'm amazed that of all people to bring up being on the character boards... it's a FOX that says it. Go back to your 80:20 against MK, lol.
Don't forget the 95:5 vs Pikachu!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ok, I am a person of honor, and I can accept when I am wrong. MHizzle, thank you very much for this wonderful discovery, it's probably the easiest and most painful way (for Sheik) for us to escape tilt lock.

Top Bottom