• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How to easily beat Master Core on Intensity 9.0 (Nothing Harder!) in Classic on Smash Bros 3DS

devioushobo

Smash Rookie
I can not stress this enough, Use Ganondorf and Critical Attack equipment

Now I got this idea from the guy who beat Master Core on this difficulty with Ganondorf without taking damage. When I saw that video, I saw the incredible damage from Ganon's up smash and that left me breathless.

Ganon really does immense damage with his smash attacks (spam the up smash tho), and with a crit equipment, I one shot Crazy Hand with a fully charged up smash, two shot Sword Core, and three shot Clone Core (although I threw him up in the air alot).

I'm not saying Ganon is op or anything, but when you put him with a Critical Attack equipment, he takes down the Master Core as if he were a Goomba in a Mario game.

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
Wow...honestly I didn't even know that you could equip stuff on classic mode. All this time I was tackling this challenge bare! I'm honestly not a very good ganon user, but I'll give this a try. Thanks for posting it.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Thanks bruh, i'll try this out.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I don't know. To clear classic you need to make a bruiser or a heavy character. Even King dedede got one the highest point in solo and my heavy armored got a high score too.
I think solo mode was made for heavy character.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I used Bowser with a diamon shell and two attack items (get's defense around 0). Had the custom side B two so that matches ended much faster, and the fire breath that does more damage.

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
Forgot you could use customs on Classic! Thanks for the advice!

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Crit badge ain't a guaranteed one hit kill though. It's a 20% chance soooooo. Moon launcher badge eyy day.

clevermaniac

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-0961-7292
I used DDD with damage equips and spammed the Gordo. It gets stuck on Master Hand/Core and bounces over and over.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main challenge is just getting to Master Core. I was able to do just that with Rosalina, but because Master Core is much faster on intensity level 9.0, it's tough to evade every attack that it uses, especially if the Luma is getting hit a lot; hitlag will occur whenever the Luma takes damage. It took me a good amount of tries, but after trying different equipment combos, I was eventually able to conquer Master Core.

One of the equipment that I used was a Crouch Healer. I also used attack and defense boosting equipment.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
I stopped using equips when I realized the Core double copies what you have. I was having fun playing as my little swordfighter tank with massive healing/defenses right up until I realized Master Core could do the same thing and took punches to the face like a champ. That fight was too close for me to admit. ' - ';

That said, if you learn the Hands' moves and the Core's moves you can counter 70% of it.

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Relying on crit doesn't seem consistent, unless the 20% rate is bugged or something. It'll be a little better than a high tier vanilla attack item.
If you found a defense badge with crit on it, admittedly that's cool, the hefty penalty would go to your speed which is the best place for a penalty.

Fully charging upsmash against Master Core sounds crazy when Ganon's upsmash has some of the best IASA frames in the game.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
What specifically are the effects of each of these badges? Like, what does it say?

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I'm not very good at Smash, in all honesty. I finally nailed 9.0 Classic yesterday with a heavily customized Yoshi. His down air really helps. His defense was higher than anything else, with auto heal as well. I used the high jump custom ^b. Took countless tries, but I got it.

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
What specifically are the effects of each of these badges? Like, what does it say?
Critical hit gives a 20% chance (stackable) to deal TRIPLE damage on any one hit. Moon launcher allows farther launching with up launching attacks

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This combination is great because:

-The high Attack stat makes all fights before Master Core pretty easy. You might get screwed over by items or stage hazards, but that's not the fault of the build and can be avoided to an extent by choosing the franchise logos on the map that you know have less annoying stages.

-The Attack boost applies to Luma too, so keeping him linked means all of your normals do absurd amounts of damage (Smash attacks do like 39% uncharged when they are together).

-Floaty Star Bit is handy in the regular fights and against Master Shadow, it makes them foolishly dodge around it and into you, where you can have a Smash attack ready. And in general, serves as a nice wall.

-Power Luma Shot, when fully charged, will do about 39% damage with this build. So when Master Hand was transforming into Master Giant, I would stand in the middle of the stage and have a fully charged Shot held. Then, as soon as he was able to take damage, I would release, and that's 39HP gone from him for free. Same applies to all other transformation processes.

-The Defense reduction is virtually non-existant, I could survive just as well as I could with vanilla Rosalina.

-The Speed reduction isn't as bad as it seems in practice. It's noticeable, but she was still faster than a good number of the vanilla cast. She was moving at a similar speed to Mario.

-CPU Rosalina is not very good at using this custom build at all, so playing carefully against Master Shadow means you will be fine. You can also hit Master Shadow with Power Luma Shot pretty easily even after the transformation phase.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445

This combination is great because:

-The high Attack stat makes all fights before Master Core pretty easy. You might get screwed over by items or stage hazards, but that's not the fault of the build and can be avoided to an extent by choosing the franchise logos on the map that you know have less annoying stages.

-The Attack boost applies to Luma too, so keeping him linked means all of your normals do absurd amounts of damage (Smash attacks do like 39% uncharged when they are together).

-Floaty Star Bit is handy in the regular fights and against Master Shadow, it makes them foolishly dodge around it and into you, where you can have a Smash attack ready. And in general, serves as a nice wall.

-Power Luma Shot, when fully charged, will do about 39% damage with this build. So when Master Hand was transforming into Master Giant, I would stand in the middle of the stage and have a fully charged Shot held. Then, as soon as he was able to take damage, I would release, and that's 39HP gone from him for free. Same applies to all other transformation processes.

-The Defense reduction is virtually non-existant, I could survive just as well as I could with vanilla Rosalina.

-The Speed reduction isn't as bad as it seems in practice. It's noticeable, but she was still faster than a good number of the vanilla cast. She was moving at a similar speed to Mario.

-CPU Rosalina is not very good at using this custom build at all, so playing carefully against Master Shadow means you will be fine. You can also hit Master Shadow with Power Luma Shot pretty easily even after the transformation phase.
I would suggest replacing the Purifying staff with a Critical badge. A chance to do 3 times the damage is always welcome.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would suggest replacing the Purifying staff with a Critical badge. A chance to do 3 times the damage is always welcome.
Doing so means my base Attack is only +68 though, and my Defence is reduced to -17, which would be bad for Rosalina, who is the fourth lightest character in the game by default. When taking on Master Core as Rosalina, the last thing you want is to make her easier to KO (since a lot of Rosalina's defensive tricks don't work on Master Core due to the sheer amount of space he takes up).

Master Giant's roar attack would be particularly devastating if I reduced Rosalina's defense by that much, since that blows you really far away on 9.0 if you are hit with it, and he can quickly follow up on it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I simply chose Palutena with a balanced set, withh Power being the dominant one. B-airs and Fireworks was how I done it. It took a few tries but it was worth it.
For specials, Fireworks, Autoreticle, Jump Glide, and Reflect Barrier.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That equipment is very risky to use, since it doesn't boost attack very much, and has a nasty impact on defense; +7 attack and -40 defense, based on the one that I have. Intensity level 9.0 Master Core is not someone that you want to be facing without defense boosts.

Doing so means my base Attack is only +68 though, and my Defence is reduced to -17, which would be bad for Rosalina, who is the fourth lightest character in the game by default. When taking on Master Core as Rosalina, the last thing you want is to make her easier to KO (since a lot of Rosalina's defensive tricks don't work on Master Core due to the sheer amount of space he takes up).

Master Giant's roar attack would be particularly devastating if I reduced Rosalina's defense by that much, since that blows you really far away on 9.0 if you are hit with it, and he can quickly follow up on it.
Out of curiosity, what are the stat boosts/drops for the equipment that you used? I too used a Purifying Staff and Exquisite Dress, but their stat boosts/drops are probably different from what you had.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Out of curiosity, what are the stat boosts/drops for the equipment that you used? I too used a Purifying Staff and Exquisite Dress, but their stat boosts/drops are probably different from what you had.
Purifying Staff: Attack +49, Defence -25
Exquisite Dress: Defence +62, Speed -31
Holy Staff: Attack +61, Defence -39

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not sure how I got equipment that powerful but I've had it for quite a while so I can only assume I got it when I played Smash Run as Rosalina against my brother, when Smash 3DS first came out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not sure how I got equipment that powerful but I've had it for quite a while so I can only assume I got it when I played Smash Run as Rosalina against my brother, when Smash 3DS first came out.
The funny thing is, most of the equipment that's on my spreadsheet is what I've collected so far, but I use stat ranges to make my work less annoying to update. There are only two types of equipment on there that I don't even have yet; they're the Item Hurler Dress and Thistle Jump Staff; both of which came from here.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
Beating Master Core is all about dodging and avoiding damage. I very nearly beat him on 9.0 without taking damage as default ROB, got hit by a few lasers from the shadow clone.

Master Hand/Crazy Hand
-Likes to start with Master Hand sweeping across the stage and Crazy slamming down in the center, so be careful of that.
-Generally just use Upair or whatever your character can. Fair, Bair, ect.
-Practice a few times on 6.0 (I think that's a max for Master+Crazy) if you have to, not even attacking, just dodging attacks for the time limit.

Master Giant
-Fully charge a smash while he transforms. This goes for all forms.
-Two hand grab attack: Sort of shakes for a few seconds, then two dark hands emerge from the body. Just jump over the one on the bottom, this is simple to avoid. While he's playing the animation that'd damage you if he grabbed, charge a smash.
-Large hand swipe: Hand moves upwards, then a small slash crosses the screen, followed by a large one. This can't be shielded, so you have to spot dodge. It's timing, maybe a half second after the small slash crosses.
-Energy balls appear above, grabs FD and moves it upward: You can shield a ball of energy exactly once before your shield is broken. Other than that just focus on staying out of their path: This move is short. Afterwards, use a smash as always.
-Scream: Not sure what block this, but sometimes your character goes flying and other times not. This is probably the single reason why you want to use a character with good recovery instead of little mac. Maybe shieldable, not sure.
-Gap appears in head, energy balls move across bottom: You can roll through the energy balls. This one can be tricky to avoid depending on the energy ball spawns.

Master Beast
-You can fit in two smashes between his attacks generally (character dependant). After that, just back off to avoid taking damage. This is the easiest form.
-Jumps up, slams down: Shield. Even if he lands on you it doesn't break shield I believe. Then smash him a couple of times.
-Slight step backwards (visual only, no actual movement), dark projectile shoots across ground, spikes appear when it hits. Shield.
-Arcs back somewhat, lightning comes down from sky. This breaks shields, so if you're shielding at the start just let go once it gets low and take the little damage. Otherwise, this is why you want to back off after getting your hits in. Charge a projectile or something while it's going on.
-Walks towards character, moves into background, bites: Shield it all. The trick to this guy is just shielding.

Master Blades
-Hardest form IMO, I find it easiest to hit him with upsmash or air attacks. Try to stand on the left edge or center of stage at most times.
-Slashes, 4 homing balls emerge: If you can absorb projectiles (ness/g&w) do that on these. Otherwise, just shield the slashes, hit a few times, then shield the homing projectiles.
-Slashes, 2 forward-then-back balls emerge: Absorb as said above if you can. Hit him a few times after shielding the slashes, jump over the projectiles/shield.
-Pulls swords back, follows closely, followed by massive combo ending in large slash: This is why you want to be on the left. Run to the right around halfway through the charge period and wait, if you can't get away than shield as long as you can then let the last few hits connect. This breaks shields if all hits connect. As the combo is ending, shield to ensure the final hit does not hit you. Then be very careful of the next attack:
-Small sparkle/sound effect, then big slash: Because he loves to do this after the combo attack. Shield it or spot dodge. This is probably what kills most people.
-Swords spread out, 4 slashes from various directions, final slash from above: All should be spot dodged. The final one can be shielded or spot dodged, but I think it breaks shields that aren't very nearly full. So practice the timing of spotdodges on this one. The final hit is definitely a killmove.

Master Shadow
-If you're not at like 100% this should be easy: The CPU sucks
-Very character dependant. Don't be afraid to camp and projectile spam, free damage is important.

Master Core
-Shouldn't need to be mentioned, but if you take too long he kills you with offwaves (which can be spotdodged if you feel like dancing with death or want to look really showy). There's 5 offwaves.
-Enjoy victory!

Hope it helps someone.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Master Core
-Shouldn't need to be mentioned, but if you take too long he kills you with offwaves (which can be spotdodged if you feel like dancing with death or want to look really showy). There's 5 offwaves.
Oh.

OH.

That is some Five Nights At Freddy's **** right there. I didn't know that.

I fooled around quite a bit after I beat him on Level 9, so I must have got lucky...

Doval

Smash Lord
That equipment is very risky to use, since it doesn't boost attack very much, and has a nasty impact on defense; +7 attack and -40 defense, based on the one that I have. Intensity level 9.0 Master Core is not someone that you want to be facing without defense boosts.
If Defense works like Attack, going into the negatives doesn't make too big a difference.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
i just took yoshi, slapped on the highest value equipment i had (one of each stat), and spammed dair. worked way better than my previous ike counter + cc strategy.

Last edited:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
This tip did it for me. I took my 280K Smash Run Ganondorf build and crushed this fight.

Master Hand went down to 3 USmashes, and Master Giant ate a full-charged USmash (that had to have been a critical) to start and died quick enough afterward. Master Beast damaged me badly before he died, and Master Blades cleaned up the first stock. Master Shadow ate a FSmash, and then a full-charge one after being shield-broken to seal it.

I'll never do that **** again. I'll probably just golden hammer the challenge window for the "classic with all fighters" one when it gets to that point.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll never do that **** again. I'll probably just golden hammer the challenge window for the "classic with all fighters" one when it gets to that point.
I hate to tell you this, but clearing Classic with all fighters can't be avoided at all; it's immune to Golden Hammers. Fortunately, there's no intensity level requirement for that challenge, so you could have the intensity level set at 0.0 if you wanted.

Besides, you pretty much have to clear Classic with everyone (including the Miis) if you want to get all the fighter trophies.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. Really? That's utterly ridiculous. I specifically didn't finish Brawl's wall for the exact same ******** reason. It's just fake longevity, and a complete pointless grind.

Worse, looking at the challenge list, you pretty much HAVE to do the grind with All-Star, or you won't get the top-right one (All custom specials and Mii outfits/hats), since it unlocks a Mii hat.

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
I don't use equipment, makes things too easy :(

I've beaten it on 9 with Mac and Toon Link, and a whole lots of 8.5s :p

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Do that, and DO NOT GET HIT BY ANYTHING...
I got hit by 2 smash attacks and died... (uncharged)

Edit: After a couple of tries I usually get to master core and I die because of one hit.

Last edited:

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
Just use :4charizard: raw, no customs or powers necessary though you could add them if you want, and spam Rock Smash intelligently. Zard was the best boss killer in Brawl because of Rock Smash and that hasn't changed in this game. As a matter of fact Rock Smash is even better now because you get armor to protect you. Seriously, it was so easy with Zard that I did it on my 3rd try. First time I failed I was screwing around to see if Master Core's actual form,
the Smash Ball/Master Core
, had an attack of any kind. It does... It uses that insta-death ring that Taboo used in Brawl :ohwell:. The second time I died, again my fault, accidental Flare Blitz off the stage. Charizard makes it pretty brain-dead so if you're looking for the easiest route, give it try.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
I think you just really wanna use a character you're good with. Like my first time beating 9.0 with Lemmy.
And just got fresh off a 7.1 with ease using Ludwig, pretty much combo'd the nuts off that faker. Down dodges work well for Edges' five-part attack but I don't know enough about the giant and beast to reliably kill em yet.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Just use :4charizard: raw, no customs or powers necessary though you could add them if you want, and spam Rock Smash intelligently. Zard was the best boss killer in Brawl because of Rock Smash and that hasn't changed in this game. As a matter of fact Rock Smash is even better now because you get armor to protect you. Seriously, it was so easy with Zard that I did it on my 3rd try. First time I failed I was screwing around to see if Master Core's actual form,
the Smash Ball/Master Core
, had an attack of any kind. It does... It uses that insta-death ring that Taboo used in Brawl :ohwell:. The second time I died, again my fault, accidental Flare Blitz off the stage. Charizard makes it pretty brain-dead so if you're looking for the easiest route, give it try.
Spam rock smash intelligently...
I don't think you can put spam and intelligently in the same sentence >.<

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Spam rock smash intelligently...
I don't think you can put spam and intelligently in the same sentence >.<
I think he more means know when it's okay to use Rock Smash. Even with the super armor frames, some of Master Core's attacks can pierce through the super armor if their damage output is high enough; Master Beast's bite attack is a major example, as it deals around 29% damage on intensity level 9.0.

ScottPompeo

Smash Rookie
I think you just really wanna use a character you're good with. Like my first time beating 9.0 with Lemmy.
And just got fresh off a 7.1 with ease using Ludwig, pretty much combo'd the nuts off that faker. Down dodges work well for Edges' five-part attack but I don't know enough about the giant and beast to reliably kill em yet.
Master Edges kills me EVERY FRAKKING TIME. Do you just stand in place and try to spot dodge the blades on the 5 point attack?

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Master Edges kills me EVERY FRAKKING TIME. Do you just stand in place and try to spot dodge the blades on the 5 point attack?
Well I do, it's easier on the shields!
It's probably because I can get the rhythm down quite easily.
Keep fighting it on 5.1 where it's as easy as possible (also not having to bother with Beast and Giant helps) so you can get a feel for edges' moves. :3

If anything it's probably Giant that's the most bothersome for me.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Master Beast is my bane, since it's usually the one that steals my first stock and roughs up my second. That bite attack it does is programmed almost like a counter (he's programmed to use it as soon as you began an attack if it's his next move on the docket), so the key to beating him is recognizing when he's about to do that.

I consider it a great joy that I beat him with Mario completely bare. It took WAY too much trial and error, but I finally did it.

Top Bottom