• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to beat 100 man brawl?

Jasou

Smash Ace
well beating 100 man brawl with my main character is easy stuff, but when it asks me to use all the characters it's quite tough. im not that much of a brawl person either, i invest more time into melee. But i would like to finish doing all the challenges in brawl. I did co-op with me and my sister and we used all the characters and it didn't complete it.:glare: So does anybody have any suggestions and i guess it might just be pratice, but then again i think praticing in multil man brawl will help with my spacing overall

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I didn't have too hard of a time with it. At the time of completing it, I was a Ness main, but I played on random so much when I would do VS with my friends it made it easy with over half of the characters.

For anybody in particular that you are struggling with I would say start using them in VS against computers (doesn't have to be 9, just start winning with them and learn all their moves although I suggest 9) and it should help.

100 man brawl is all about defense and knowing the characters. Once you have general skill with almost everybody it gets a lot easier. One thing me and my competitive brawl friends do when we meet up is we force everybody to play on random half the time and our mains the other half so that we don't develop character specific tendancies and it helps with overall game knowledge a ton.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That was the only challenge I would never touch. I always used the Golden Hammer for that because it would take too long plus I've been BSed a lot by exploding items like Proximity Bombs, Bom-Ombs, and dud Capsules spawning right in front or at my exactly spot when I'm in the middle of an attack and cannot move or shield and get KOed from them.

Jasou

Smash Ace
That was the only challenge I would never touch. I always used the Golden Hammer for that because it would take too long plus I've been BSed a lot by exploding items like Proximity Bombs, Bom-Ombs, and dud Capsules spawning right in front or at my exactly spot when I'm in the middle of an attack and cannot move or shield and get KOed from them.
yea i know but my stupid logic told me to use my hammers to get more hammers lol, and i agree i hate the bs, but i guess i should also get better at random chars

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You can be good and still get BSed by dumb s--- like explosive since we can't control the spawning of them nor act when your frames into a attack. I always had bad luck with items spawning right at my location and can't avoid triggering them.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
You have to do all chars by your self single player. Ya cant do it co-op. Also it doesnt take much skill to complete it with all characters even if you dont know how to use em much.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You have to do all chars by your self single player. Ya cant do it co-op. Also it doesnt take much skill to complete it with all characters even if you dont know how to use em much.

Thats an opinion. Not everyone has that potential in terms of isocracy. People develop it at completely different levels.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
I found this extremely easy to do with Metaknight. Camping the ledge and taking the alloys off stage.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
My best advice is to just play 1vs1 and free4all with a character you don't quite understand yet against lvl 7/8 computers for a while until you can play with every character good enough to use their fastest/safest moves. For most of the time, camping at the edge and planking off a few is a great way to get some safe kills. Here are some ideas for each character in this idea.

Limited to basically uair the ledge (safe) and plank
Mario/Luigi/Diddy/Peach/DK/Kirby/Ganon/Captain/Lucas/Wario?/Bowser?/Shiek/Squirle/Wolf

Limited to other air moves to the ledge (safe) and plank:
Samus: Uair, Fair, missle, charge shot, nair
Ivy: Fair (space far away)
Lucario: Fair (space far away), Uair, Nair(sorta..)
Dedede: Fair, Uair
Ness: Uair, fair
Olimar: Fair, Uair, throw pikmin (purple <3)
Tink: Nair, fair, uair through the stage a lil.
Jiggly: Uair, pound, fair, nair.
Ike: Jumpping fair off the ledge.
Rob: Gyro, fair (sorta), uair, bair <3 (gyro cancel so you can face away from the ledge)
G & W: Fair, Uair, Nair.
Metaknight: Durp
Pit: uair, fair, arrows.

These are just ideas that work to abuse their stupid AI. Jigs and metaknight and lure them to jump out and try to get you and fly to the other side. Pit might be able to do the same.

Some characters can just spam and survive:
Snake, Marth, Wolf, Falco (f-smash, laser and forward-b to keep it fresh), Bowser (upb), etc.

Really it's not that hard to do regularly if you play well enough without these gimicks.

EDIT:

So I ran into 100 man melee just to test some of my stuff and I figured out that the fan is your best friend. They're really common and you can simply stand on top of a platform (or any where really) and keep throwing it into the air over and over again and it will float slowly to the ground. Anything touching it will die. On average I can get at least 2 or 3 per try and it makes things really really easy. :p

Jasou

Smash Ace
o thanks for all the advice guys, i actually got done with a lot of the characters before checking most of this advice, i have 7 left (a phew being my known characters i saved for last) but a character im REALLY having trouble with is falco his tilts arnt as useful in this mode as most characters and when im playing falco by the time i kill 25 alloys i have 30-80% which is very bad cause thats the easy part :/ any suggestions?

and also @moomoomamoo's post yes i highly agree the fan is literally the best item in 100 man brawl because if u just keep tapping a with it u can lock 5-6 alloys and once they are locked in your spam finish them with a tilt, if u just spam the fan your basiclly invincible to alloys (not to the player enemys)

and lol a lot of bs happened as i got through the characters *cough* explosives

o and if u havent played ice climbers in this mode try getting two fans, it made me lol

Jasou

Smash Ace
Isocracy hardly matters. If you have common sense, you should get it done in an hour or 2.
lol thats cause ima brawl nooby i play more melee, but anyways i completed thanks for the help guys as for falco i started using up tilt better and some side b's, now onto 15 minute brawl without bs explosives (got hit by bomb omb at 1 minute left:( )

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
15 minute one is good with a fast character. Pikachu is usually good for 15 minutes. His ground mobility and his air speed is decent enough to avoid the Alloys. Or you can pick Kirby and or Jigglypuff and plank and fly under the stage and grab the ledge. An easier way of surviving that is getting rid of the Alloys that aren't blue. The blue ones are the least aggressive and have weak attack power and knock back. If you see explosive items or Capsules since they can be duds and explode it is best to throw them off the stage. Though be cautious since the Alloys can get close and you both can get it.

Reaper759

Smash Rookie
If you want to survive long enough in Cruel Brawl you a need a character that can "fly" in a way that you can bait them off the stage. I used meta knight because his jumps and attacks consists of evasions, plus he can glide in the air, which gives him an advantage.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
use lucario and just hang on to the ledge, drop, and then up-b back to the ledge.
There's so many ways to steal a cheaty win that you can't cover them all. why
make a thread?

OOOOooo and look a 1 post person.... you don't see that every day.
Welcome dude....

I give it a month before he quits or starts maining MK.

Top Bottom