• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) How the hell

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
did you guys drop 30k in the last 10 minutes :?:

I don't want some bs answer like "OH WHEN GOKU IS NEAR THE SUN HE GAINS SPIRIT BOMB POWER FASTER AND SUPER SAIYAN SEVEN"

like for real

I won't tell nobody

also check out the salt

lol

:happysheep:

IceArrow

Smash Lord
It's a joke how Skullgirls can be compared to a game like Melee. I don't even play Melee, I'm a brawl player and Melee takes more skill, has a huge community, and is a way better game.

:phone:

Renth

Smash Hero
^

None of those things matter, they have a community as do we. there's no reason for negativity

Also, being a brawl player I could say the same things you just said back to you.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
^

None of those things matter, they have a community as do we. there's no reason for negativity

Also, being a brawl player I could say the same things you just said back to you.
Agreed, no reason to overreact to one salty troll. I've been interacting with their community (even created an account for them) and they've been absolutely amazing about this. All of the responses I've read on their forums go something like "I would have been happier to see SG on EVO but congrats to Melee!" or something similar.

It's even stickied; let's stay classy people. I'm insanely impressed that their much-smaller community was almost able to match our efforts... I guess you can say we're lucky they don't have a larger following than they do now. I can't imagine how much money they could have raised if their community was half the size of ours... Maybe we'll see in a few years, because I have a feeling that even though they lost, they're getting part of the boost they needed so badly.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Oh shi-
No need to have the brawl argument here :'3 please spare the non negative players

In all seriousness, there were ****head players on both sides. We just gotta stay as classy as we can.
Skullgirls is art, but melee is art too. Trust me. Those models are great for early 2000s.
Both games are art :3 (I have a special place in my heart for the Skullgirls art team though since my friend was a cleanup animator and they really did great work)

Remember
STAY
CLASSY

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Ya, I just dislike how all the Skullgirls players have been hating Melee.

Aside from one or two trolls or salty players (or both), I haven't seen all that hate on melee. Actually, I think we've been showing them a lot more hate, and I really wish it could be toned back because they're a damn tight community.

I can only imagine how our players would act if we lost... I'm imagining it wouldn't be very pretty. It's amazing that they can be such good sports about it.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
^

what do you mean no reason for negativity? every melee player knows in their heart that Skull Girls isn't the best game ever. Hell, it isn't even the best game in a list of 17 eligible EVO 2013 games.

Gea

Smash Master
what do you mean no reason for negativity? every melee player knows in their heart that Skull Girls isn't the best game ever. Hell, it isn't even the best game in a list of 17 eligible EVO 2013 games.
I love Melee way more than Skullgirls but come on now, do you think honest the people here saying Skullgirls sucks or isn't as good actually invested a good amount of time to actually learning the game?

Renth

Smash Hero
Okay.

Melee isn't the best game ever either, where is this sense of entitlement and superiority coming from. We're all people we all train, pour endless hours into what we love. Who are we to tell someone what they love is inferior, we do NOT have the right to look or talk down to anyone for ANY reason.

this kind of talk is completely unnecessary.

Trolls just want attention, a sense of pride and feeling good about something is perfectly fine so long it is contained.

We basically just imploded, we took a bunch of opinions from all these communities, brought everything together and we literally forced ourselves down their throats.

Now this is the pass, we've reached a fork in the road the question is which road do we take?

We can go down the road where we act like morons, get scoffed at and go back to square one. Completely ruin what we've set out to do at evo. (We've been on our own forever won't change much, but drastically hurts any positive exposure)

or we can show everyone who and what we really are, we are a family. #one unit. We can go and show the world what we are really like. Let them see how much fun and great times we have each other a Smash tournament is the best thing in the world. You can be yourself, everyone is there to have a good time

^

Make peace and spread love my friends. Melee is here to stay.

CrownAxe

Smash Cadet
Just because it's not the best game doesn't mean it warrants disrespect from anyone. Not being the best doesn't mean it's not a good game and their community still enjoys it.

Eternalis

Smash Rookie
I genuinely wish that we could have both games at evo. I would be salty if melee didn't win. SG gave a very large sum of money to breast cancer research research and I fully believe they should get a spot along with melee. Good job to both parties.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"I told you guys, I have snipers"

-said fifty times by some guy on the stream

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
No yeha.

I seriously want to know wtf happened.

AT one point there was only a 5k gap between SG and melee.

Then you guys jaw of life/goatse'd that gap to hell
There were a 1000+ people panicking about Skullgirls who just realized how powerful the Spirit Bomb was so we came together gathered our energy and threw out a Final Flash.

Top Bottom