• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How on earth do i beat DIddy?

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Ok, im tired of GDX knocking me out of every tournament i go to. How on earth do i beat Diddy with Zelda or Sheik, i don't know what to do, can someone give me some tips for this please?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I play Matt Turner a lot, who RedHalberd swears is better than GDX, I honestly have no idea since I haven't played GDX before. Anyway, control his bananas. Believe it or not, his bananas can give you an almost safe approach with a glidetoss -> mostly anything; especially the distance it covers. Very hard to punish. Perhaps CP Norfair, which a lot of people have said, since bananas are hindered there and Zelda's aerial game can now come into play. Do NOT constantly use Nayru's because the ending lag can get you in trouble. This match is based on momentum, so it can go back and forth really quick; be patient and basically make minimal mistakes and you'll be fine.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Definitely! Also, diddy's love rushing in after a glide tossed banana - maybe you can spotdodge bananas and punish as he closes in with dsmash XD I do this often, but they catch on, so mix it up =p

And yes if she claims those bananas, she becomes a so much better character ^^ glide toss > dtilt > utilt is craaazy!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Things get pretty hairy for Diddy when Zelda has the momentum. Although do not let Diddy get going! It's just as bad. Battlefield and Norfair are both tremendous stages to work at. Undecided on LM and Japes; never go to FD or S'ville, NO BUENO at all!.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yep - we have diddy as a slight advantage for Zelda because she kills him so much earlier and he struggles to kill her as soon unless he racks up the damage.

Plus the reflector is handy, just unreliable - they'll bait you into using it and then throw the banana, so take care =( but if you have reflexes like lightning just nayru's when you hear his monkey noises he does when he attacks!

-Final-

Aria♪
Plus the reflector is handy, just unreliable - they'll bait you into using it and then throw the banana, so take care =( but if you have reflexes like lightning just nayru's when you here his monkey noises he does when he attacks!
Monkey noises? lol

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
oo-aa-ee-oo-aa-aa-AAAA

etc...

Zelda has big ears so I'm allowed to say that (hopefully :/ )

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pressure with Dins, learn how to avoid the bananas and toss them back if you get a chance.

Zelda doesn't have the odds stacked against her in this matchup.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Ummm, Nitrix, Din's can and more than likely will get you hurt in this match. You need to keep moving. Monkey flip kick goes right through Din's like butter, as well as most of his aerials. Don't abandon it by all means but it will get you hurt in this matchup.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
thanks for all the help guys, i appreciate it, im gonna need to practice against diddys but you're advice really helps. i think i let GDX control the stage too much and that pretty much wrecks everyone

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
i realize in the last tourney i made a mistake, i shoulda taken him to mansion instead of taking him back to BF. (first match was on BF) but I let Diddy get in my head, and i thought i coulda taken him on BF with sheik. Three stock T_T Diddy is just so gay!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Battlefield isn't too bad since it messes with his banana game just a little bit, but to play the match with Sheik is even harder. With Sheik, it'd have to be a game of constant pressure while making sure you get about every banana. A lot more difficult lol. Haven't fought Diddy on LM but everyone still swears by the stage so I will assume that taking Diddy there could be good. How about Norfair? If you can fight him on that stage, bananas have a very tough time being used. For both Sheik and Zelda, Norfair is a nice stage.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Norfair is defenitly one of my more favorite counterpicks, ill try it out next time, but im assuming if I do go there he'll go to game and watch, but I **** GnWs lol

Witch_

Smash Cadet
Basically, pick a stage with platforms and try to keep him coming into the air to get you. His air game isn't as good as Zelda's. His recovery can reasonably be spiked/lightning kicked.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ok, im tired of GDX knocking me out of every tournament i go to. How on earth do i beat Diddy with Zelda or Sheik, i don't know what to do, can someone give me some tips for this please?
**** him with zelda, you can beat GDX. It's best if you play aggressively and always on his tail. Otherwise you're just a helpless, grounded opponent that's going to trip alot ^_^

Bandit

Smash Lord
Norfair is defenitly one of my more favorite counterpicks, ill try it out next time, but im assuming if I do go there he'll go to game and watch, but I **** GnWs lol
If this is true, then you haven't played anyone of talent. G&W is arguably Zelda's hardest match-up. I hope you have a counter character.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Ummm, Nitrix, Din's can and more than likely will get you hurt in this match. You need to keep moving. Monkey flip kick goes right through Din's like butter, as well as most of his aerials. Don't abandon it by all means but it will get you hurt in this matchup.

I main Diddy and I can tell you that Din's is helpful. Obviously you should'nt use it when Diddy can get to you with a monkey-kick. Diddy needs to be pressured when getting bananas out and Din's helps with this.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Diddy really isnt that hard for Zelda
Just use Nayru's Love to reflect his bananas
Without Diddy's nanas he wont be much of a problem

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It is very momentum based and stuff and it goes from one's advantage to the other in a matter of seconds. Basically, whoever can keep their momentum going the longest will win.

I like to try and claim one banana and then try to bait diddy into throwing the other so I can reflect it. If I own 2 bananas, I like to stay near them and guard them. Diddy with no bananas is almost nothing compared to Zelda. It's not foolproof, but having 2 bananas on that playing field + glide tossing options into her smashes can completely wreck him!

But you have to change styles. You can't fight him normally - so many zeldas play defensive, with diddy you need to be somewhat active, always moving about, spotdoging bananas, reflecting etc etc etc.... you must be on your toes otherwise you're just another victim of those nanerz that will get you like the plague

Top Bottom