• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often should I drill (Dair)?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
There's no such thing as overusing a good move, unless you're using it inappropriately.

Use the drillkick (drillshine) to start your combos, to reset, and if they're at 190% and recovering you can use it to meteor if you really want to.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
There's no such thing as overusing a good move, unless you're using it inappropriately.

Use the drillkick (drillshine) to start your combos, to reset, and if they're at 190% and recovering you can use it to meteor if you really want to.
This is true.
FastFox, i have a question.
It seems like in matches when i use it to pressure shields it fails alot of the time.
Is this me being too predictable?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
No, its from dair having so little shield-stun. Use nair, it keeps them trapped in their shield longer and is better on shields in general/easier to time.

person: Just think and react. Your question can be applied to any move in the game. How often should I nair, dair, laser, grab, etc etc. Take a look at the current situation, if you feel that approaching with dair would work - try it. Smash is about learning and finding your own way of doing things.

imo dair is his best aerial vs. grounded opponents next to spaced bair. Nair can be CCed easily and fair is...yea lol

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
No, its from dair having so little shield-stun. Use nair, it keeps them trapped in their shield longer and is better on shields in general/easier to time.

person: Just think and react. Your question can be applied to any move in the game. How often should I nair, dair, laser, grab, etc etc. Take a look at the current situation, if you feel that approaching with dair would work - try it. Smash is about learning and finding your own way of doing things.

imo dair is his best aerial vs. grounded opponents next to spaced bair. Nair can be CCed easily and fair is...yea lol
Don't even go there, girl.

Fair is awesome.

¬_¬

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Lol. Fair is the #2 cause of SDs among Foxes. Pretty sure I don't even have to mention what #1 is.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I like to Shuffle Drill then Shine. And recently my little brother who plays smash noobishly asked if fox could spike with his Dair like Falco. I siad no but then I tried to just use it on opponents that just got on the ledge. I Drilled them and killed them. I guess this could work with alot of Dairs but I thot it was cool. I did it once while playing my friend and it worked great: His Falco just got on the edge and I Drill-Spiked him....this may already be a obvoius move but I just discovered it.....Yeah so it looks sick if you do it quikly..

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Fast Fox said it can be used as a meteor at >190%. Maybe he just got meteor and spike confused.

person701

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys. And there's only 4-5 spikes in the game. Marth, Ganon, Falco, Falcon (nipples)al of which are dairs. Anything else is a meteor.

lol, I still laugh at the name of Falcon's spike: nipple spike. xD

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I have never once gotten all of Fairs hits.
Is it even possible?
Only against me. My friend is a Fox main who often comments on how against everyone else he hits an everage of two of the hits but against me he hits every single kick every single time. I have some strange magnetism to it...

:(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
But yes...abuse all of Fox's arials...they are the best in the game...learn how to shuffle and L-Cancel and your all set :) ...
What are you talking about? Falco's aerials all have more priority.

Sheik's aerials have even more than both of theirs, along with more range.

The most broken would be like Marth (due to the gay disjointed hitboxes) and Sheik's because of super range, size of hitbox, and kill potential.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
i think its called bad DI

not sure
I've tried setting up a game where he just repeatedly fairs me and I try not to get ***** by it quite so hard not bothering with the rest of the match just DI. I usally avoide the last 1-2 and that's it. Either I have a huge mental deficiency which makes me unable to press buttons at all or there's something I'm missing.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What are you talking about? Falco's aerials all have more priority.

Sheik's aerials have even more than both of theirs, along with more range.

The most broken would be like Marth (due to the gay disjointed hitboxes) and Sheik's because of super range, size of hitbox, and kill potential.
Sheik's Uair is just Fox's Uair minus 1% and the first hit. :lick:

And her Bair is the great wall of China. Her Fair is also pretty good. Her Dair sucks comparatively and her Nair is situational and has less priority than you want it to but oh well don't use them as much (or ever) lolz.

Now all she needs is Fox's U-throw and she'll be perfect. Well, more perfect I mean.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
rudeezy, yeah so what I triple posted? Sorry i guess if it offends you or it makes me look like a noob or whatever. And yes there are characters who have better arials then fox,maybe I shouldn't have siad that they are the best in the game. I do multipost sometimes in a row becuase that's just the way I think...And nice short post....

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
6. Do not Double or Triple Post This is self-explanatory, but do not double, triple, quadruple, etc. post. The exception is in the Creative Minds forum or if you do it by accident, but only when you are posting poems/stories/etc. If you need to add something, simply use the edit button. Please note that there is one exception to this rule, which is if you want to double post to tease McFox for having a lamer internet browser than you.

* Double Posting Unnecesarily - 1 point, 1 week length
* Triple posting unncesarily - 2 points, 1 week length
* Quadruple or more posting unnecesarily - 2 points, 2 weeks length
don't forget the bolded parts.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I think the nipple spike is a meteor. That, or the Cpus in my copy of Melee are defying these laws.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Dude, as long as you believe your drill is a drill that shall pierce the heavens, you don't even need to think about how often you should do it.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
I like to Shuffle Drill then Shine. And recently my little brother who plays smash noobishly asked if fox could spike with his Dair like Falco. I siad no but then I tried to just use it on opponents that just got on the ledge. I Drilled them and killed them. I guess this could work with alot of Dairs but I thot it was cool. I did it once while playing my friend and it worked great: His Falco just got on the edge and I Drill-Spiked him....this may already be a obvoius move but I just discovered it.....Yeah so it looks sick if you do it quikly..
in some situations can be useful.
I saw pc chris using it in the set vs m2k in OC3

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
If Falcon's dair hits with his feet, it's a meteor. Hit with the nipples, it's a spike. At least that's what I remember reading a while ago.
Lol! Are you serious?! I thought that it was just called the nipple spike because he shows off his nipples when he does it. Hilarious. I'll go try this out.

Top Bottom