• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much would you pay for a demo of Brawl?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Well, finding out that I have $1,100 today, I'd probably dish out a good $100.

Oh, and my soul.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
35$

Something to do in between melee matches, and the real game will be out soon enough.. But it IS brawl, cmon.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'd do 20. Anything higher and I'd just be happy waiting for the full game. I actually do have other things to do to pass the time with until then.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
If I got it RIGHT NOW, I'd buy it for $150. Any time between E for All and December, I'd pay $100. After January 1st, I'd pay $50.

If my GameStop gets the demo in, I'm going to steal it. End of story.

~Dac

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who states over 20 dollars, is just talking about spending their parents money.
QFT.

I'd pay like 5-10 dollars considering that paying anything for a demo is ridiculous in itself. Demo implies promotional, thereby implying free.

But, I kind of impulsively buy things every once in a while and spend more money than I should, so who knows.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Anyone who states over 20 dollars, is just talking about spending their parents money.
I can already play the conversation in my mind...

"Mommy, can I borrow $50?"
"For what?"
"A game demo. The full version comes out in February."
"Oh, you can wait."

Classic.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Not really buddy.. If you think about it, I would just have to make some small saves for a little, its not THAT much money, although I would need to see it first...

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Not really buddy.. If you think about it, I would just have to make some small saves for a little, its not THAT much money, although I would need to see it first...
Wait until you get to college/live on your own. When you have to start budgeting yourself on everything (until you have to supply yourself with food, I don't think anybody really understands money), then you'll understand what he really means.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
Zero dollars

sorry guys, phoenix wright, AWDS2, Fire Emblem DS, Fire Emblem 10, Battalion Wars, SMG, etc etc etc are a bit too much to pass up for a dinky demo of a game I'd be able to experience in full by just waiting a few months.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If I got it RIGHT NOW, I'd buy it for $150. Any time between E for All and December, I'd pay $100. After January 1st, I'd pay $50.

If my GameStop gets the demo in, I'm going to steal it. End of story.

~Dac
Same here. Hopefully that GameStop rumor is true, though 99.9% of the Brawl rumors have been proven wrong. The .1% was Peach was playable after her Subspace Emissary apperance, the Brawl demo character select screen, etc. Still, Nintendo should release a demo of some sort, definitely! :)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Wait until you get to college/live on your own. When you have to start budgeting yourself on everything (until you have to supply yourself with food, I don't think anybody really understands money), then you'll understand what he really means.

I kinda do...

What i mean is I would pay that much if the demo was most of the real game, not in the state it was in now....

Meh, I've always had the fortune of finding really good jobs, I guess there are some aspects I don't really understand.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
0$

I'd rather not tease myself and just wait for the real thing.

That and one of my friends would probably get it anyways, so I'd just be at their house.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Or they aren't a kid/lazy bum like you and actually work and have money?

I can already play the conversation in my mind...

"Mommy, can I borrow $50?"
"For what?"
"A game demo. The full version comes out in February."
"Oh, you can wait."

Classic.
Wait...is this supposed to be some sort of joke? I don't get it. What's "classic" about this?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
you do realize that successful people

don't

spend unnecessary amounts of money on demos of video games that are soon to be released
Great example. Successful people also don't buy video games. Donald Trump doesn't play games. Warren Buffett doesn't play video games.

We're not talking about "successful" people. We're talking about regular high school/college students with a job and with a minimal amount of bills. I'm 20, I go to college full time, and I only work Saturdays and Sundays. I make around 800-900 a month before taxes just working two days a week and even though I'm putting myself through college (and I commute so that means an extra $130 a month for that), paying my own loans, phone bills, gym membership, and who knows what else, I can afford to dish out over $20 for a demo. And hell, I pay more for **** each month than the average student does. The fact that most people here are only high school students means they also have to pay for less and can work more, which means more money for them.

Here's how I read SolidSonic's comment: "my mommy won't give me over $20 for a game so I'm going to make fun of people with money." Either he isn't old enough to have a job and has to rely on mommy and daddy and his allowance isn't big enough (boo hoo!), or he is over 16 but is too lazy and doesn't have a job.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
My friends and I have discussed this. I'd honestly pay $100 right now as long as I got to keep it. I've got alot of things I want to try out.

Top Bottom