• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much would you pay for a demo of Brawl?

dtp882

Smash Rookie
Only around $20, cause your not getting the full the game so you shouldn't pay the full price.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
I would pay for 1200 Wii point the most, and even that is a stretch. I think the most reasonable price should be around 200 Wii point b/c the great expectation of future purchase, which will be 50~60$, or 5000 ~ 6000 Wii points for the final product.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Great example. Successful people also don't buy video games. Donald Trump doesn't play games. Warren Buffett doesn't play video games.
I'm going to say that somewhere in the history of the world since video gaming that there's been one quote unquote "successful guy" playing a video game somewhere.

Not sure what the going definition of "successful guy" is, but pretty sure at least one played.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Anyone who states over 20 dollars, is just talking about spending their parents money.
Haha, sadly no. I'm in college and don't receive money from my parents anymore. Luckily, I have a steady job, and want Brawl BADLY. I'd easily go over $100 for the demo right now.

~Dac

Lant

Smash Journeyman
A week's paycheck.

I jest, I'd pay £15 tops.. that's like uhh $30

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Wow id love to see this to be true and im dedicating m y100th post to MEGAMAN!

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Not much I say people who pre-ordered brawl should get a Demo on Dec 3, 2007 for 5$ even if it had 1 stage(Battlefield) and 4 Smashers people would pick it up for an extra 5 bucks.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I guess I'd pay $60 for it, but $150 is the highest I'd go. After $60 I'd have to debate with myself, but I'd probably end up buying it anyways.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
not worth 30 bucks,10 bucks is the price,plus it might come out with Mario Galaxy,an extra disc like Mario Kart Double Dash on GC,the demo disk

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
IF I could buy it before Dec.3 then my whole 15 year old Paycheck (bagger boy paycheck FTL, and my parents never help me buy any leisure items :().

But after Dec.3 20$ at most. It's after the original release date, wouldn't feel as special to me.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
To get my hands on it in 2007, given the amount of content revealed to be on the demo, I'd be willing to pay as much as any other game for the Wii would cost. The # levels and characters is comparable to smash 64, which seems limited compared to melee, but actually presents us with FAR more than we could hope to "master" before the game's actual release... In all honestly I would probably pay FAR more than the price of a non-demo Wii game. Getting a feel for the game, and having a generous portion of the final characters to experiment with, months before the game is released, is priceless...

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
over 9,000 dollars

*looks in wallet, sees $100, remembers he has to buy Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl (final version)*

*remembers he'll get about $200 upon his upcoming birthday/christmas, both before Brawl's release*

*realizes it would be crazy to pay more for a demo than the final game...*

ok, $25...

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
$10- $15 thats it porbably wont go any higer then that anyways $20 or higher is just ridiculous for a demo im hoping it will be free downloadable of the wii or at least 500 points

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
If I got it RIGHT NOW, I'd buy it for $150. Any time between E for All and December, I'd pay $100. After January 1st, I'd pay $50.

If my GameStop gets the demo in, I'm going to steal it. End of story.

~Dac
haha that seems pretty resonable though 150 is huge sum but cmon

its Brawl like ZOMG

Top Bottom