• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Much Music Do You Have in Your Collection?

derek.haines

Smash Ace
The title says it all! How much music do YOU have in your collection?

Currently, iTunes reads as follows...

9556 songs, 24 days, 48.91 GB

And all of it fits on my iPod! Yay for the 160 GB model!

Surprisingly, most of it is music I listen to. There's a bit of crap here and there, but I've done enough pruning that I can safely just let it do a complete random and rarely (if ever) have to skip a song.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
iTunes tells me:

3548 songs
9.8 days
16.29 GB

But I have a WHOLE LOT less than that on my iPod. I guess I'm kind of picky about the music that ends up in my ears.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I used to have a whole lot. Until one day I had nothing to do and got pissed off at all the songs on my iTunes I had never even heard. So I shaved it down to only the songs I knew, and began building from there; with the tradition of when I add new things, I only listen to that for a little while, to get aquianted. As of now, I have a very small library.

936 songs
2.7 days
4.5 GB

But I can proudly sing along with every song.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
2,599 items
6.9 days
13.1 GB

Mostly Japanese music of all kinds, classic rock, punk rock (11.3 hours and 278 tracks of nothing but Bad Religion), and VG music.

I haven't an iPod and my mp3 player died last year. I'm rockin' the SYNC. Was rockin' the much more appetizing DS Phat + m3 with some Skullcandys but I lost 'em.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Songs: It's over 9000!![gets beaten up]
I only have about 300 or so.
I don't know how you can get so much songs. Must cost a fortune.
They are mostly weird stuff nobody in my school listen to.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I buy music I really like. If I appreciate an artist's work, I'll support them.

But there's some music out there that I'm just in the mood for once in a while and, quite frankly, I don't find to be worth the money it would cost for me to buy their album.
If I didn't steal it, then I wouldn't have bought it anyway, so it's not like I'm really denying them any money. So I might as well enjoy the music to the limited degree I am capable of, right? *nudge nudge*

Also, there are some things that I just can't find anywhere, so I download it just because that's the only way I can get it. I feel a little less shameful about that.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
"1775 items, 4:12:22:26 total time, 6.44 GB" is what my iTunes reads. Plus 2 Music videos (which I also have the audio tracks of), 44 "movies" (none of them are actually movies, they're videos that belong best in that category), and 13 TV shows with a total of...wow, 44 episodes.

That's not exactly music, but I felt like sharing it anyways.

On the topic of pirating music, I only "pirate" video game music, and that doesn't really count. For some of it it's hard to find the actual soundtrack, and the soundtracks for games are readily available on the internet, so I don't think anyone actually cares. If they do, they're not/they can't do anything about it.

In any case, $30-40 is just too much to spend on video game music. The only game I'd buy the soundtrack for is Super Metroid, because it's worth it (even though I already have the music).

Psychoace

Smash Champion
uhhh. I have like two downloaded songs and the rest of my stuff is on cd or tape lol. *feels old*

I have like 60 something cds

and roughly 47 I think in tapes.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
For the pirating thing...I have some fairly complex opinions on piracy in general but I figure that musicians have more opportunities to make money than simply through the sale of CDs--they sell merchandise, perform live, and sell advertising both at concerts and online, and most musicians are generally involved in more than one band or project simultaneously. Besides, the music is given away for free on the radio, and I could just record it there if I really wanted to.

I used to buy alot of CDs. ALOT. 200+ at my highest point, but I've since sold the majority of them. I am with the people here that say they'll buy CDs of bands they really want to support though, I do that as well. I also buy some CDs for little extras like DVDs .

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
My laptop has about 850 songs. Dunno days and stuff.

My main computer has around 3,000 songs.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
About 2200+ songs, 170-180 hours. Not a lot I know, but it's a very diverse mix, which I'm pretty proud of.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if podcasts count in the total "collection", but just to add it in I've now got 1393 podcasts on my computer.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I have less than 10 gigs left on my computer (its shared between 3 people and only started out with 70 gigs) so I had to cut back on the amount of music I download.

I had about 1500 songs on my profile until it got "corrupted", so they are all still on the computer but unaccessable. I've downloaded about 500 more songs since then, taking me to about 2000 songs.

Most of the time of my songs range from around 1 minute (DDR songs) to 1 hour (techno mixes lol). I've got one song that is 2 hours and 39 minutes.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
About 5000 songs for me, probably about a dozen pop songs in there :p

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
well considering my 5000 songs doesn't even fill up my 80 gig iPOD I think it's fair to say he would win.

Overload

Smash Lord
I have 453 songs on my mp3 player, a little more than that on my computer. In total, only about 5gb

Top Bottom